Athletes and religion

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Re: Athletes and religion

"2 consenting adults not harming others as some define harming others" is the Statist religion. That radical Islamists would be used to smear Judeo-Christian morals should come as no suprise. The irony is that most of these attacks come from those who claim to be members of Judeo-Christian religous sects, particularly when it is convenient to do so. There is no bigger coward than the very essence of the profiles of the American contemporary Left, a generational monolith that is, in fact, supporting fascist enforcement measures. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

If a man engages in inter course with a woman by envisioning a man in order to get through it, is he engaging in homosexual or hetero behavior?

What relevance does this have to morality? Zero!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

In Response to Re: Athletes and religion:
    [QUOTE]If a man engages in inter course with a woman by envisioning a man in order to get through it, is he engaging in homosexual or hetero behavior?
    Posted by Roadrunner9234[/QUOTE]

If a woman has to envision Brad Pitt to get through it, is she having an affair?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Athletes and religion : Good point.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

To wit, if that woman is Angelina Jolie, does picturing Brad Pitt to get through it whilst in an affair make her faithful?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

If a woman has to envision Brad Pitt to get through it, is she having an affair?

While this hypothetical has nothing to do with what is moral, share with us what it means to you, the phrases "has to" and "get through it"?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roadrunner9234. Show Roadrunner9234's posts

It goes to whether preference is a choice.

Attraction results in a biological response which human beings have no control over. That is quite seperate from behavior. What causes the reaction determines preference, not behavoir.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roadrunner9234. Show Roadrunner9234's posts

I just figured you out, hank...or should I call you Andy(Steve Carrell's character in 40 year old virgin).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

It goes to whether preference is a choice.

That has nothing to do with morality. There are many behavioral disorders which are explained as impulses.

Attraction results in a biological response which human beings have no control over. That is quite seperate from behavior. What causes the reaction determines preference, not behavoir.

Oboviously, you are a droning vacuum. Attraction does not mean "no control". Behavior is observable actions. Your mental gymanstics to further your agenda is based upon "no control", which has nothing to do with what is moral. 

"Attraction" is not science, even though "attraction" as you define it is not the basis for morality.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

[QUOTE]If a woman has to envision Brad Pitt to get through it , is she having an affair? While this hypothetical has nothing to do with what is moral, share with us what it means to you, the phrases "has to" and "get through it"?
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr[/QUOTE]

Just ask your wife.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

I just figured you out, hank...or should I call you Andy(Steve Carrell's character in 40 year old virgin).

You need to figure yourself out, despite your flippant attempt to distract from the issues. I don't have you figured out, based upon some childish Hollywood movie comedic fictional character. But you are likely the product of the times, which is a droning parrot of a monolithic generation of fools.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Just ask your "life partner".

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Athletes and religion : To wit, if that woman is Angelina Jolie, does picturing Brad Pitt to get through it whilst in an affair make her faithful?
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

And if Brad Pitt has to imagine that Angelina Jolie is himself...does that make it..(pretty sure they'll censor that word, so we'll just leave it up to logical conclusion)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roadrunner9234. Show Roadrunner9234's posts

Hank, you accuse me of attempting to distract from the issues, but you still have not answered the question at the top of the page.

I'm not talking about morality here. It's biology.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

As for humor, the clowns on this board better hope that the Democrats continue to borrow enough money to pay your entitlements. You'll never make it on wit and humor.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roadrunner9234. Show Roadrunner9234's posts

Really? The weakest response on this page was yours to Chilliwings.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

So all that "all men are created equal by their Creator, with unalienable rights.... life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" only applies to straight people?  Gay people have the right to be tolerated but not the right to same rights of straight people?  That sounds like the freedom we go around the world fighting for to me!!

I really just don't understand how people who are against equal rights for gay people don't see that in 60 years they are going to look like people who in the 50's were against civil rights.  Hate and fear will eventually lose.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

[QUOTE]If a woman has to envision Brad Pitt to get through it , is she having an affair? While this hypothetical has nothing to do with what is moral, share with us what it means to you, the phrases "has to" and "get through it"?

Its a Zen thing - if you don't understand it, I can't sufficiently explain it.  Sorry.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Hank, you accuse me of attempting to distract from the issues, but you still have not answered the question at the top of the page.

I answered the perverted question. On your childish level, it is sexual behavior between a man and a women. Are you that stupid.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Athletes and religion : Its a Zen thing - if you don't understand it, I can't sufficiently explain it.  Sorry.  
    Posted by Yoshimi25[/QUOTE]

A babe magnet like Mr. Hanky with his undoubtedly turbo charged pulling power needs bedroom references explained?  That's unpossible!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Really? The weakest response on this page was yours to Chilliwings.

Really? The weakest response on this page was Chillwings calling me genocidal. The second weakest was your mind projecting your own subjective mental thoughts on the platform of your agenda.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roadrunner9234. Show Roadrunner9234's posts

Hank, I think you missed the broader implications of what I was saying(That being that one can "act" straight, i.e. engage in certain behavoirs with members of the opposite sex but actually be "gay", i.e. be attracted to members of the same sex).

But I guess that's to be expected from such a linear thinker.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]It goes to whether preference is a choice. That has nothing to do with morality. There are many behavioral disorders which are explained as impulses. Attraction results in a biological response which human beings have no control over. That is quite seperate from behavior. What causes the reaction determines preference, not behavoir. Oboviously, you are a droning vacuum. Attraction does not mean "no control". Behavior is observable actions. Your mental gymanstics to further your agenda is based upon "no control", which has nothing to do with what is moral.  "Attraction" is not science, even though "attraction" as you define it is not the basis for morality.  

This thread is 30 something pages so I'm not going to sift through it all and figure out where this particular post stems from but it sounds like your saying you think being gay is a "moral" issue and/or that it is a behavioral choice?

If that is true I must thank you because while I've heard that there are people who think this I've never actually encountered one first hand before. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from silversteinsox. Show silversteinsox's posts

I stopped reading after the first three pages since it was extremely insulting to those of the Jewish religion.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

[QUOTE]Really? The weakest response on this page was yours to Chilliwings. Really? The weakest response on this page was Chillwings calling me genocidal. The second weakest was your mind projecting your own subjective mental thoughts on the platform of your agenda.

For those that missed it, and give a dam, what I wrote about Softy - paraphrasing Dawkins' quote about the god of the old testament - was ""Mr. Hanky is arguably the most unpleasant character on the board: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Some of those familiar with his ways have become desensitized to their horror."   Apologies to Richard Dawkins"

Quite obviously a joke, though I believe many of the terms apply to him....which is why I thought it funny.

But me "posting in anger" is Softy's story and he's sticking to it!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

FWIW I would like to add a few things on my own feelings about religion.  I think in my previous comments I left the impression I was a total fence-sitter.  I am a Roman Catholic, my father was a staunch Catholic, and I married a Catholic woman who is very conservative politically.  We go to Sunday mass most of the time.  I find my interest in mass varies a lot depending on who the priest is.  The last couple of weeks we've gone to a church where the priest is one of the most likable and comforting priests I've ever encountered.  I must say that when I listen to this priest talk I really want to believe him.