Athletes and religion

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Re: Athletes and religion

Albeit is a contraction of all be it, that is, although be it or although it is that.

True, but you are wasting your time on a board dominated by leftist dumbo minions who were told they are smart enough to drone but not smart enough for the federal pension. They are fellow Leftist corpsemen.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Re: Athletes and religion:
    [QUOTE]Roadrunner - for a long time I, and many others, thought Softlaw/Hanky was a giant put on i.e. no one could seriously have so many wrong views, be so objectionable, post so repetetively, etc.  Do you remember his boasting about his gold hoard a few years back?  A classic!....boasting to an anonymous opinion board about your alleged wealth like some sort of demented Scrooge McDuck!  But I think he is genuine.  Genuinely disturbed, but genuine.
    Posted by Chilliwings[/QUOTE]

Haha...    I was scolded for taking issue with Softy for that same reason, he's just playing devil's advocate.

The scolder was noneother than Pych......

Softy is like a soccer ball ... so many sides

and you'd like to kick them all.

:OD

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

I feel sorry for Softy McDuck sometimes, and feel guilt for taking the P out of him so often.  It can't be easy to be so disliked and so ridiculed so often by so many.  Who grows up thinking "I look forward to being hated and pitied"?

But he's so overflowing with bile he can't even express dissatisfaction about baseball players without spewing hatred....just look at the language he uses to discuss Wakefield and Varitek!

Perhaps we should take issue with his parents rather than Softy himself...then again, maybe they are/were decent people that are/were horrified by and ashamed of what he's become...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Athletes and religion : Haha...    I was scolded for taking issue with Softy for that same reason, he's just playing devil's advocate. The scolder was noneother than Pych...... Softy is like a soccer ball ... so many sides     and you'd like to kick them all. :OD
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

My intention wasn't to scold you but was to tell you that debating a sel-confessed devil's advocate is futile. Softlaw doesn't believe most of what he writes here so why should we?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

I don't feel sorry for anyone so dim witted to think it's funny to call someone genocidal. What is funny is that someone who does that is allowed to keep posting. The parents of a mind like this don't care what he does or where he is, having likely conceived him as one of many acts of irresponsible behavior that turned two Wards of the State into three Wards of the State.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

Another issue, presented in a Boston.com forum, becomes a tribute to...

The Tower of Babel

11 Now the whole earth had one language and the same words. 2 And as people migrated from the east, they found a plain in the land of Shinar and settled there. 3 And they said to one another, “Come, let us make bricks, and burn them thoroughly.” And they had brick for stone, and bitumen for mortar. 4 Then they said, “Come, let us build ourselves a city and a tower with its top in the heavens, and let us make a name for ourselves, lest we be dispersed over the face of the whole earth.” 5 And the Lord came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of man had built. 6 And the Lord said, “Behold, they are one people, and they have all one language, and this is only the beginning of what they will do. And nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them. 7 Come, let us go down and there confuse their language, so that they may not understand one another's speech.” 8 So the Lord dispersed them from there over the face of all the earth, and they left off building the city. 9 Therefore its name was called Babel, because there the Lord confused the language of all the earth. And from there the Lord dispersed them over the face of all the earth..."

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Athletes and religion : My intention wasn't to scold you but was to tell you that debating a sel-confessed devil's advocate is futile. Softlaw doesn't believe most of what he writes here so why should we?
    Posted by lowelll[/Q

"shame on you, Yaz"   ...   sure sounded like scolding to me...
    But ok, we'll bury the hatchet in favor of a better understanding!

I do hope that was a tongue in cheek...and am confident that we will soon be enjoying a great season.

The Hunt for a Red (Sox) Octgober starts soon  ...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]I don't feel sorry for anyone so dim witted to think it's funny to call someone genocidal. What is funny is that someone who does that is allowed to keep posting. The parents of a mind like this don't care what he does or where he is, having likely conceived him as one of many acts of irresponsible behavior that turned two Wards of the State into three Wards of the State.  
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr[/QUOTE]

And here I thought Ward's last name was Cleaver not State.  I guess that makes "The Beav", Beaver State ...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Athletes and religion : You falsely attribute beliefs and thoughts to me which are incorrect. Again, trust no man for any answers to such a profound question. Dare to approach God with the question. Silence while you seek the answer from Him is needed though.
    Posted by WesternOregon[/QUOTE]

You quote the Bible. The Bible was written by man. You are trusting man's words.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Athletes and religion : :o) I am so tempted to say then that you are certain that there is nothing but uncertainty. But I won't.            Oh, wait ....     
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

And your point is?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

[QUOTE]Albeit is a contraction of all be it , that is, although be it or although it is that . True, but you are wasting your time on a board dominated by leftist dumbo minions who were told they are smart enough to drone but not smart enough for the federal pension. They are fellow Leftist corpsemen.

The vast leftist conspiracy will soon achieve ultimate victory. Better check under your bed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Athletes and religion : You quote the Bible. The Bible was written by man. You are trusting man's words.
    Posted by devildavid[/QUOTE]

2 Timothy
    16 All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; 17 so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.

(...as if God is playing some game of cosmic hide-and-go-seek some people THINK He cannot and doesn't want to be found, so they don't seek Him, nor do they believe what He has revealed of Himself. How tragic. People prefer to believe the lie that mankind created God. It is more condemnation on those who perpetrate the lie that "The Bible was written by man"...that's pathetic. Come up with a better reason for not believing in God will ya?)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Athletes and religion : And your point is?

A smile

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Athletes and religion : You quote the Bible. The Bible was written by man. You are trusting man's words.

And man is only an ape. 

So why bother with society and morality at all?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roadrunner9234. Show Roadrunner9234's posts

Because it's the right thing to do, Yaz. Some of us need religion to tell us how to act, and others don't.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Some need a large group of pleasure seeking people to ape, while the minority studies spiritual teachings on morality. "2 consenting adults and many say it doesn't hurt anyone else and I'm a doin' it or I'm endorsing it!" is not a moral standard. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Most act any way they feel like acting, with emphasis on feel.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roadrunner9234. Show Roadrunner9234's posts

Which explains your posting style.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roadrunner9234. Show Roadrunner9234's posts

No, but the golden rule is a moral standard, and one many religious people would do well to enact in their own lives.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Athletes and religion : 2 Timothy 16 All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness;  17 so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work. (...as if God is playing some game of cosmic hide-and-go-seek some people THINK He cannot and doesn't want to be found, so they don't seek Him, nor do they believe what He has revealed of Himself. How tragic. People prefer to believe the lie that mankind created God. It is more condemnation on those who perpetrate the lie that "The Bible was written by man"...that's pathetic. Come up with a better reason for not believing in God will ya?)

I cannot believe I am back here. See your message which I have highlighted.

W.O. - question.

If I as a man who was supposedly created in God's image feel that I have been struck by devine intervention and the word of God has been passed on to me to preach, then would my word become part of scripture or would I just be sent to the funny farm or worse? Would this intervention from God to me then have to be reviewed by the Christian hiearchy? And if so, why is man judging God's word?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

Genesis 11 
    7 "Come, let us go down and there confuse their language, so that they may not understand one another's speech.”

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]Genesis 11   7 "Come, let us go down and there confuse their language, so that they may not understand one another's speech.”

And this is your answer to my respectful and I believe insightful question & response to your previous comment.

And people want to know why more and more people move away from religion as years progress. Too funny!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

Matthew 24:24
    "For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect."

Rev. 19:10
    "...For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy."

Jess...I've always thought your baseball insight was reasonable (despite of course being a Yankee fan) but find us to be polar when speaking of spiritual matters of Christ. I look forward to baseball season and Christ's return...Paul though - when He saw the light found this:

Acts 26

About noon...as I was on the road, I saw a light from heaven, brighter than the sun, blazing around me and my companions. 14 We all fell to the ground, and I heard a voice saying to me in Aramaic, ‘Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me? It is hard for you to kick against the goads.’
    15 “Then I asked, ‘Who are you, Lord?’ ‘I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting,’ the Lord replied.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

"Two consenting adults" is not the golden rule.

And people want to know why more and more people move away from religion as years progress. Too funny!

Peple don't move away from religion. They move away from self-discipline and moral teachings of some religions. They move towards popular behaviors of individual pleasure. Only a fool thinks that contemporary culture is blazing a new trail of virtue. This is the road that most people have chosen to travel, since mankind walked the earth.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]"Two consenting adults" is not the golden rule. And people want to know why more and more people move away from religion as years progress. Too funny! Peple don't move away from religion. They move away from self-discipline and moral teachings of some religions. They move towards popular behaviors of individual pleasure. Only a fool thinks that contemporary culture is blazing a new trail of virtue. This is the road that most people have chosen to travel, since mankind walked the earth.

Let's not even get into morality, for that has nothing to do with any religion, organized or not.