Athletes and religion

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

Re: Athletes and religion

m

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

In Response to Re: Athletes and religion:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Athletes and religion : And man is only an ape.  So why bother with society and morality at all?
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

Self-preservation.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Athletes and religion : 2 Timothy 16 All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness;  17 so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work. (...as if God is playing some game of cosmic hide-and-go-seek some people THINK He cannot and doesn't want to be found, so they don't seek Him, nor do they believe what He has revealed of Himself. How tragic. People prefer to believe the lie that mankind created God. It is more condemnation on those who perpetrate the lie that "The Bible was written by man"...that's pathetic. Come up with a better reason for not believing in God will ya?)
    Posted by WesternOregon[/QUOTE]

How do you know that what man has written is or isn't inspired by God? A man made this claim of divine inspiration. That is an extraordinary claim. Would you believe me if i said this post was divinely inspired?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

How do you know that what man has written is or isn't inspired by God? A man made this claim of divine inspiration. That is an extraordinary claim. Would you believe me if i said this post was divinely inspired?

Do you think anyone will take the word of a pink hat fan with the moniker devil? Wink

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Athletes and religion : How do you know that what man has written is or isn't inspired by God? A man made this claim of divine inspiration. That is an extraordinary claim. Would you believe me if i said this post was divinely inspired?
    Posted by devildavid[/QUOTE]

How does one know?

Aside from it's own veracity, one knows by experience.  A personal experience that comes from walking with God, talking with God, learnnig from God...

All of which can be questioned and denied by others.  Just as anyone can question when I first or last wen to Fenway.  Or that my wife has this chemical connection with me called love.

We can deny it, David.  All of this life, we can deny it.  But while folks have denied the Bible due to what they thought was fact, it nevertheless stands the tests of time and human judgment.  One example - just one - was the long standing teaching by archeologists and others that there was no Hittite Empire. The Hittite Empire is spoken of prominently in the Old Testament. UNTIL - oooops - archeologists DID find the buried proof of this extensive empire ....

Jericho is another ... it was FABLED to exist.  Therefore the Bible was in clear error... until they found Jericho ....ALL 19 LEVELS OF IT ....

Argue against it my friend.  That's your right.  But it has proven itself over and over again to be right when we have chosen to stand up to it.

And that doesn't even come close to the value of using it as a gujide to know God better and better...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Dave,

Could I suggest some reading?  Josh McDowell was a fella that was really against all thhis religous craziness called Christianity ...

He set out to prove it is all bank....

He wrote a book (more realllyh but start at book one) called "Evidence That Demands a Vedrdict."

You might find it interesting...