Bailey is Onboard

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

Bailey is Onboard

Now that Bailey is on board, what do you think? I am thinking Good Job Ben. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Re: Bailey is Onboard

In Response to Bailey is Onboard:
    [QUOTE]Now that Bailey is on board, what do you think? I am thinking Good Job Ben. 
    Posted by proftom[/QUOTE]

How can you say Good job Ben? Season didn't even start. It was good job Theo last year when we signed CC??????? Take it easy !!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

It was a "Good Job Ben" for solidifying our Pen. Potentially this could be the strongest Pen the Sox have had in years. To me this pen, as long as both Aceves and Bard are still in it, will be the the strength of the team and will allow the Sox, unless Garza comes as comp, to have the end of the rotation be FDoubrount, JTazawa, AMiller or AWilson to be your #4,5,6 and 7 starters.

The batting should give the starters enough runs to work with for 5 or 6 innings then the shut down pen can complete the job.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In Response to Re: Bailey is Onboard:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Bailey is Onboard : How can you say Good job Ben? Season didn't even start. It was good job Theo last year when we signed CC??????? Take it easy !!!!
    Posted by donrd4[/QUOTE]

Despite what don says at the price paid (Reddick) for Bailey it was a very good job. A younger closer for less money who is under control for a few years is a very good move. Now what happens during the season is another matter.
    With 75 Saves out of 84 attempts in 3 years with a not so good team is a very good move. Much better than signing Paps or Madson for 10M+ for 4 or 5 years.

Yes signing CC was a good move at the time based upon what other players were getting. IMHO he will rebound and make the contract worth it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]It was a "Good Job Ben" for solidifying our Pen. Potentially this could be the strongest Pen the Sox have had in years. To me this pen, as long as both Aceves and Bard are still in it, will be the the strength of the team and will allow the Sox, unless Garza comes as comp, to have the end of the rotation be FDoubrount, JTazawa, AMiller or AWilson to be your #4,5,6 and 7 starters. The batting should give the starters enough runs to work with for 5 or 6 innings then the shut down pen can complete the job.
    Posted by MadMc44[/QUOTE]

No Paps

No Bard

No Aceves

No Bona Fide Lefty

Not sure how it is going to even an average pen

Wait, Jenks will be back right?

Now...

Bailey
    Bard
    Melacon
    Aceves
    Morales
    ADD A BONA FIDE LEFTY

Now we're talking.......

Either way though, the wild card is can Bailey stay healthy

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Rich Hill and Morales are decent lefthanders.

I would make a move if you feel you need a stronger Lefty by trading for Matt Thornton. His cost may be prohibitive unless you traded Youk for him and the White Sox are looking to rebuild.

Andrew I have to admit I have not been a Pap fan for the last three years. 

To me Closer by Committee is a true option this year with Bailey, Melancon, Aceves and Jenks all capable closers it gives V the option of using Bailey in a real tight spot in the 6 th if need be.

My closer by choice has been Aceves since Pap left. Chances are that will not happen.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Bailey is Onboard : How can you say Good job Ben? Season didn't even start. It was good job Theo last year when we signed CC??????? Take it easy !!!!
    Posted by donrd4[/QUOTE]

Does this mean you won't commit your opinion on the Bailey signing until the season is over? Have you ever heard of 20-20 hindsight or Monday morning QBing? Do you understand that doing this a simplistic / even a caveman can play that game. Do you take pride in surmising the situation after the fact? Why would you consider yourself smarter than a GM unless you commit your opinion at the moment of a signing / trade  like a GM is forced to do?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Bailey is on WEEI right now, how soon before someone starts a thread to tell us this very thing?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]Rich Hill and Morales are decent lefthanders. I would make a move if you feel you need a stronger Lefty by trading for Matt Thornton. His cost may be prohibitive unless you traded Youk for him and the White Sox are looking to rebuild. Andrew I have to admit I have not been a Pap fan for the last three years.  To me Closer by Committee is a true option this year with Bailey, Melancon, Aceves and Jenks all capable closers it gives V the option of using Bailey in a real tight spot in the 6 th if need be. My closer by choice has been Aceves since Pap left. Chances are that will not happen.
    Posted by MadMc44[/QUOTE]

You didn't like Paps in 2009? Why because of the blown save in the DLS?

2010 he was hard to watch but last year he was great.

I don't like the idea of a committee but I do like the idea of flexibility and moving guys around at times.  But Jenks?  Really?  He's a waste of 6 million dollars.  Another Theo blunder that lead to his running for Midway.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

I guess we all know by now that Theo spent to much money on some very bad contracts but......BC doesn't have the same luxury.  Theo "brought" a championship to RS nation so he had a pass.  Ben has made some smart baseball moves. Will they all work out, only time will tell but I for one like the fact that if they don't work out the RS won't be taking a bath.   Hopefully Bailey can stay healthy....the whole team for that matter.......and hopefully that health turns into some big wins for this team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Time will tell and out of the cracks in the wall will scurry the mice with 20-20 hindsight and proclaim that they were right in their opinions all along.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]Time will tell and out of the cracks in the wall will scurry the mice with 20-20 hindsight and proclaim that they were right in their opinions all along.
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

unless there are duck boats in november, every naysayer is Nostradamus.