Barnes pitched another good game.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Barnes pitched another good game.

5.1 innings,  4 hits, 2BB's 7 K's, 0 runs, 91 pitches. Pawsox lost 2-0, in 14 innings.

I believe the Sox will bring up Ryan Rowland-Smith up after Play-offs. Guy has had a heck of a season for PawSox.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: Barnes pitched another good game.

Everybody was down on this guy because he had a bad first half and I was trying to tell people to be patient with this kid he's going through some growing pains.  He still has one of the highest ceilings of any pitcher in our system.  Electric stuff, good fastball, and a nice K/9 rate.  He generates a lot of swing and misses

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

Everybody was down on this guy because he had a bad first half and I was trying to tell people to be patient with this kid he's going through some growing pains.  He still has one of the highest ceilings of any pitcher in our system.  Electric stuff, good fastball, and a nice K/9 rate.  He generates a lot of swing and misses

Agree.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

You gotta realize the MOST Sox fans including myself on occasion have little to no patience and it's usually "what have you done for me lately". 

Hetch

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

how long has he been pitching in AAA? is it realistic to think he might be a player in 2014?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

[QUOTE]

how long has he been pitching in AAA? is it realistic to think he might be a player in 2014?

[/QUOTE]

He was promoted towards the end of the year; August 29th I believe.  I think he gets a Cup of coffee next year but probably doesn't have a shot at the rotation until 2015.  There will be a log jam in the rotation in the upcoming years so it could come down to guys getting their shot due to injury which is certain to happen.