Beckett rumours?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Beckett rumours?

couldnt make out what they were saying on EEI but something along the lines that beckett was caught doing something???? maybe playing golf when he has not starting???? anyone know???"?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Beckett rumours?

Regardless, does anyone really think beckett didn't make his last start because he couldn't?? the too many pitches excuse was just that, IMO  to give Cook a chance

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Jbay, the only thing that i heard clearly was that 'someone has to have pictures of him...and you cant lie about stuff anymore with camera's everywhere"...

lol

i have no idea what kind of juicy mess he's in

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: Beckett Golf rumours when hurt?

OK...it is playing golf a few days before his missed start....

http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/thebuzz/2012/05/report_josh_bec.html

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Turn on Felger now if you can - I bet he's having a field-day with this!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

In Response to Re: Beckett rumours?:
    [QUOTE]Regardless, does anyone really think beckett didn't make his last start because he couldn't?? the too many pitches excuse was just that, IMO  to give Cook a chance
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]
      I agree they were trying to by some time, and get a look at Cook, to see if he fits into future plans.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In Response to Beckett rumours?:
    [QUOTE]couldnt make out what they were saying on EEI but something along the lines that beckett was caught doing something???? maybe playing golf when he has not starting???? anyone know???"?
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

and you NAIL the problem on this inbred site!

If you're not one of "the family," you're not qualified to start a post!

Seriously!  Did you miss mine???

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Andre...at this point I dont care anymore - i have nothing more to say about Beckett that i havent said already...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]Andre...at this point I dont care anymore - i have nothing more to say about Beckett that i havent said already...

glad to hear it, geo...I mean not toTongue out

proves my point, not really injured, just an excuse to give Cook a look.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]Andre...at this point I dont care anymore - i have nothing more to say about Beckett that i havent said already...

You were a big fan for a long time.  Welcome to the club!!!!!

I am sure there are still plenty of folks who still believe in Beckett; then again I am sure there are plenty of people who still believe in David Jonathan (aka JD?) Drew too!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Beckett rumours? : We were a big fan for a long time.  Welcome to the club!!!!! I am sure there are still plenty of folks who still believe in Beckett; then again I am sure there are plenty of people who still believe in David Jonathan (aka JD?) Drew too!!!!
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

count me among them, Andrew

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

does playing golf strain your lat? i dont know....common sense would dictate the injured player to not do anything physical.....did he play a full 18? did he just walk around???? doesnt look good either way but you reap what you sow Boston...you knew what this guy was and you decided he was worth all the nonsense.....wrong answer....

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]does playing golf strain your lat? i dont know....common sense would dictate the injured player to not do anything physical.....did he play a full 18? did he just walk around???? doesnt look good either way but you reap what you sow Boston...you knew what this guy was and you decided he was worth all the nonsense.....wrong answer....

oh well.....   If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.  :)

Although you stepped on my OP, you are absolutely right!

BECKETT MUST GO!!!  At ANY COST!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Geo - what is REALLY disturbing is that when Theo gave him the EARLY and HEFTY extension, Theo cited as one of the reasons for it was that "Beckett is a leader of the pitching staff" and that "he would be a good role model for the younger pitchers".......Please, let us not forget just how messed up Theo really was..........I sure won't!!!!!!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]Geo - what is REALLY disturbing is that when Theo gave him the EARLY and HEFTY extension, Theo cited as one of the reasons for it was that "Beckett is a leader of the pitching staff" and that "he would be a good role model for the younger pitchers".......Please, let us not forget just how messed up Theo really was..........I sure won't!!!!!!
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

so true...cant believe we kept this guy after the bull he pulled last yr...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Beckett rumours? : it's alright to blame theo and rightfully so, but it's not gonna fix anything. all it does is make you mad.  what i'm trying to do is forget the inept one ever existed; it's hard, but i did the same thing regarding george w moron. so far that's been working fine.
    Posted by mryazz[/QUOTE]

Thank God Barack H. I. Will Lower the Sea Levels has fixed all the George W. Moron problems!

"Immoral DEBT!"
    "Unemployment"
    "Global Warming!"
    "Afghanistan (the good war)."
    etc.   etc.     etc.

Ben C. seems to be following the Barack H. ______________ playbook  :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Beckett rumours? : so true...cant believe we kept this guy after the bull he pulled last yr...

What I can't believe is that Theo called Beckett a leader.  I wonder if Theo believed what he was saying (like he did when he claimed Drew was more "a tick above 14 a year") or if he flat-out lying to our faces??

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

Hopefully, we'll get the whole story when the book comes out. Would love to have an insider tell us what is really going on in that clubhouse. Would probably make our heads spin!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

valentine has to be careful with this beckett story,,,,he should run his options by pedroia first too see if it's how they do things around here...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

That explains the early thumb injury...golfers get it all the time...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I get it that Beckett threw a stinker in his first start. But lets give credit where credit is due. He has given up 1,3,2,3 runs in each of his last 4 starts.
    I agree the Sox wanted to see Cook, and Beckett was coming off a high pitch count. Beckett could have pitched, but was held back for precautionary reasons. To fault the guy for playing gold imo is piling on without having all of the facts.
    You dont have to like the guy...but he was very effective last year, and I am going to assume as the weather warms he will again be very good.
    Lets face it, he isnt dominant. He isnt a #1 ace. But he is a very good #2.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Beckett hasn't pitched effectively beyond August 1st since 2007.  The guy loses it deep into the season.  Check out the stats.........