Beckett

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Beckett

Time to say ‘sorry’

See that? That's the look I want to see on Josh Beckett's face until early in November.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Re: Beckett

Agree. He has a lot to prove to RSN.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Watching live coverage on NESN. Beckett acknowledged "laspes in judgment", he was upset with himself, he's been a fan and understands the disappointment by "the best fans in baseball". Said he made mistakes and wants his pitching to do the talking. Maybe should have said it sooner, but better late than never. Gammon's said Becketts in the best shape he's seen him in years. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

+1 J.

Beckett is at his best when he's ticked off and has that swagger, my hope is that he stays that way all year. Beating Justin Verlander on opening day would be a fantastic start, he's capable of doing it if he gets the ball.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortMeade. Show FortMeade's posts

I saw the interview and read the transcript. From it all I cannot concur with the opinion of CHB, other select columnists, and BDC Georom that Beckett was solely responsible for the epic collapse of the team in September. What a shame that the forum this winter was preoccupied with such nonsense. A lack of judgement ( confessed by one player) does not excuse twenty other players from stinking up Fenway Park during September. Why so many in a forum would fall for such outright stupidity is beyond me. Georom must love pushing the right buttons.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Talking a lot of sense again tonight pike. Am I going to have to start liking you again?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to Re: Beckett:
    [QUOTE]I saw the interview and read the transcript. From it all I cannot concur with the opinion of CHB, other select columnists, and BDC Georom that Beckett was solely responsible for the epic collapse of the team in September. What a shame that the forum this winter was preoccupied with such nonsense. A lack of judgement ( confessed by one player) does not excuse twenty other players from stinking up Fenway Park during September. Why so many in a forum would fall for such outright stupidity is beyond me. Georom must love pushing the right buttons.
    Posted by FortMeade[/QUOTE]

When a team goes 7-20, it's the TEAM that messed up, not just one player. Beckett pitched four times in September. He went 3.2 scoreless innings before injuring his ankle. He then won his next start.

In his final two starts, he pitched six great innings before blowing up then pitched five great innings before blowing up. If he couldn't go longer in either of those games, that's on him, and if it was because he wasn't in shape -- how come that didin't affect his second start in September -- well, that's on him too.

If the clubhouse culture was part of the reason the team couldn't grind out another win or two that month, Beckett's lapses in judgement were certainly a part of it. But one player does not create a clubhouse culture.

My beef with Beckett goes strictly to this: He wants to be considered the ace, and a true ace, he would have pitched eight or nine great innings in those last two starts when the team needed it, not just five in six. He couldn't do it. I really don't care about the reason. I don't care about excuses. I don't care what he has to say about it. My response to him would -- FIX IT. Don't talk, don't rationalize, don't explain, don't pout. Just FIX IT.

And that's what I expect him to do this year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortMeade. Show FortMeade's posts

Nice post Roy but I doubt that Georom and Burrito will bother to read it.  From what I read in the forum in recent days is that Georom is just excercising a "script" here in this forum. Georom is extremely intelligent and successful but has no conscience. He loves to waste the time of BDC posters.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

I've been a big Josh Beckett fan since the 2007 season when he was the horse that carried us to the WS Title that year.  He was the best pitcher in the game that season, and for some reason I always saw him pitch well when I was at the games he pitched, especially against the Yankees.  I liked that look of his in the picture above and I am convinced that he will have no off year as he has in even numbered seasons.  I wish he would have honed up to his part in the debacle that took place in September and his allowing himself to get out of shape in the process, but it is a new year and last year cannot be undone.

If our "Big Three" on the mound can pitch as they can and we get a solid effort from either the 4th or 5th starter, along with a solid bullpen we should be right in the thick of things this season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortMeade. Show FortMeade's posts

SeaBeachFred. Didn't you leave to go to another forum ? Was it Sawxheads or something like that? Are you well liked there or are you a loose canon much like Georom on this forum. Are you more passionate than cerebral ? Why are we blessed with your appearance here tonight?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]SeaBeachFred. Didn't you leave to go to another forum ? Was it Sawxheads or something like that? Are you well liked there or are you a loose canon much like Georom on this forum. Are you more passionate than cerebral ? Why are we blessed with your appearance here tonight?

He's passionate, and occasionally speaks before thinking, but a true BB and RS fan.  His core strength is assessing minor league talent.  I'd go to war with him by my side.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]I've been a big Josh Beckett fan since the 2007 season when he was the horse that carried us to the WS Title that year.  He was the best pitcher in the game that season, and for some reason I always saw him pitch well when I was at the games he pitched, especially against the Yankees.  I liked that look of his in the picture above and I am convinced that he will have no off year as he has in even numbered seasons.  I wish he would have honed up to his part in the debacle that took place in September and his allowing himself to get out of shape in the process, but it is a new year and last year cannot be undone. If our "Big Three" on the mound can pitch as they can and we get a solid effort from either the 4th or 5th starter, along with a solid bullpen we should be right in the thick of things this season.
    Posted by seabeachfred[/QUOTE]

Yup, the core of the team is not much different than the team that was supposed to win the WS last year, and probably better than the team that was the best in BB for four months.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

Beckett was smart to acknowledge that there were "lapses in judgment", and now he can move on and focus on pitching....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

[QUOTE]SeaBeachFred. Didn't you leave to go to another forum ? Was it Sawxheads or something like that? Are you well liked there or are you a loose canon much like Georom on this forum. Are you more passionate than cerebral ? Why are we blessed with your appearance here tonight?
    There is a small snake that goes by several aliases on this board. Fortunately, it has no bite.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Strike13. Show Strike13's posts

he still has "ill feelings" towards some ppl he said in interview...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Beckett": [QUOTE]he still has "ill feelings" towards some ppl he said in interview... Posted by Strike13[/QUOTE] Yes. I'd like to know who and why.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Beckett": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Beckett : don't you think the why is for talking to the press the who is the question Posted by pinstripezac[/QUOTE] Could be.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

As far as I am concerned Beckett said all that needs to be said for his part in the collapse, I accept his remarks from the interview.  I am much more worried about the fact he seldom dominated 7 innings in starts, and the fact he takes so long to throw the ball. I have never seen such a hollow era in my life.

We need more action in 2012 Josh. Thanks for speaking about last year to.

Go Boston!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

Good post Burrito, my guess though is that some fans will not be satisfied with his comments just because they think they are entitled and still bitter.  I hated the way the RS played down the stretch and living in NY I took my fair share of ribbing but I am a realist and understand that this isn't last year.  We do need Josh to be good but we also need all of the staff to be stronger this year. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

pike cant admit that I was right about Beckett...in the past 3 weeks we have seen a consensus by writers and fans that Beckett was the head honcho who caused this nonsense...he is the most to blame......how many different beat writers from different newspapers have to say this before Pikey can admit he was wrong? Never, because he can always create a new screen name....this is why I have flushed him...when he chooses one name again, i might read his tripe...