BEN & LARRY YOU OUT THERE?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

BEN & LARRY YOU OUT THERE?

If you guys ever read this board, or just hear it from a friend here is a suggestion.  Dempster, Capuano, Jackson, Harang and all the other 7th and 8th starters, or rehab cases you may have in mind will not help this club.  Neither will Doubront, Morales or Lackey because they are all basically 5th, 6th, and 7th starters on most teams.

Get someone who hasn't blown out his arm, is younger than 32 and can be an ace on this staff.  At the very least trade a couple youngsters for a top pitching prospect.  Otherwise just throw in the towel next season because even Josh Hamilton won't be enough to make us a contender.

Our fans pay good money to support this team, you should show us a little gratitude in return while we are all still willing to purchase tickets.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Re: BEN & LARRY YOU OUT THERE?

In response to craze4sox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If you guys ever read this board, or just hear it from a friend here is a suggestion.  Dempster, Capuano, Jackson, Harang and all the other 7th and 8th starters, or rehab cases you may have in mind will not help this club.  Neither will Doubront, Morales or Lackey because they are all basically 5th, 6th, and 7th starters on most teams.

Get someone who hasn't blown out his arm, is younger than 32 and can be an ace on this staff.  At the very least trade a couple youngsters for a top pitching prospect.  Otherwise just throw in the towel next season because even Josh Hamilton won't be enough to make us a contender.

Our fans pay good money to support this team, you should show us a little gratitude in return while we are all still willing to purchase tickets.

[/QUOTE]

Iwould keep Doubront and Morales and if Lacky is still around i really think he will surprise some people..... .. Start your laughing if you want.. But i feel a comeback by Lacky

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

who would you suggest?? king felix?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Iwould keep Doubront and Morales and if Lacky is still around i really think he will surprise some people..... .. Start your laughing if you want.. But i feel a comeback by Lacky
    [/QUOTE]

He has no choice but surprise us and I'm sure our FO would love to see something from the 80mil spent.  My prediction for Lackey is this .....

13 wins 11 losses and an ERA north of 4.50 if he stays off the DL.  Anything more would be a pleasant surprise.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

who would you suggest?? king felix?

[/QUOTE]

If we signed Hamilton, I would entertain offers for just about anyone on the farm for Felix, other than Barnes and De La Rosa.  But there are others like Linescum, Sanchez, Walker, Hultzen and Marcum who are, or could eventually be better than the ducks we are looking at.  I really don't care if its another top prospect, or 1rst, 2nd or 3rd starter who can still throw a ball and not need crutches.

Sorry, but names like Dempster, Capuano and Harang don't look any better to a sox fan than Penny, Glavine, Cook and others who have come and gone.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

I'm agree with donrd4 on this one.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

If we signed Hamilton, I would entertain offers for just about anyone on the farm for Felix, other than Barnes and De La Rosa.  But there are others like Linescum, Sanchez, Walker, Hultzen and Marcum who are, or could eventually be better than the ducks we are looking at.  I really don't care if its another top prospect, or 1rst, 2nd or 3rd starter who can still throw a ball and not need crutches.

Would you trade Xander Bogaerts and Jackie Bradley for Seattle pitching prospects Taijuan Walker and James Paxton?

John Sickels' recent preliminary lists of top prospects had Bogaerts No. 4 and Bradley No. 24 among hitters and Walker No. 7 and Paxton No. 25 among pitchers.

http://www.minorleagueball.com/2012/10/8/3474586/preliminary-top-50-pitching-prospects-list-for-2013

http://www.minorleagueball.com/2012/10/8/3474442/preliminary-top-50-hitting-prospects-for-2013

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to hill55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm agree with donrd4 on this one.

[/QUOTE]

If we signed Hamilton our offense has enough depth to make a very bold move for a SP, or at the very least top prospect like Walker or Hultzen to bring along with De La Rosa, Doubront and Barnes.  This would give us three or four very good youngsters who are no more than a year or two from possibly anchoring or rotation for years.

With Victorino in place I would also have no problem throwing names like Bradley, Brentz, Ells, Webster, Salty, Sands, Kalish, Bogaerts and others out there in some sort of package for Felix. 

The Mariners have three or four top pitching prospects, as well as Felix.  What they don't have are many good young positional/offensive players.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

The Mariners have three or four top pitching prospects, as well as Felix.  What they don't have are many good young positional/offensive players.

There is no guarantee that Xander Bogaerts or Jackie Bradley would represent an upgrade over Seattle's talented young hitters who helped the Mariners rank eighth among the 30 MLB teams in runs scored on the road last season.

The 2012 Seattle lineup included four hitters, all under 26 years of age, whom Baseball America had ranked among the Top 25 prospects in previous midseason lists, plus a 24-year-old never-ranked thirdbaseman who posted a 3.6 WAR. Three Mariner hitting prospects appeared among the top 25 hitting prospects in John Sickels' recent preliminary list.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]

There is no guarantee that Xander Bogaerts or Jackie Bradley would represent an upgrade over Seattle's talented young hitters who helped the Mariners rank eighth among the 30 MLB teams in runs scored on the road last season.

The 2012 Seattle lineup included four hitters, all under 26 years of age, whom Baseball America had ranked among the Top 25 prospects in previous midseason lists, plus a 24-year-old never-ranked thirdbaseman who posted a 3.6 WAR. Three Mariner hitting prospects appeared among the top 25 hitting prospects in John Sickels' recent preliminary list.

[/QUOTE]

So when do they become a more competitive team hill, after Felix retitres?  We are both last place teams than can help eachother.  The Sox and Mariners are the perfect trade partners in my opinion.  If this ST ends without another big bat, or more productive SP's we are done and like in the past, will probably wait until we are out of contention to address it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

So when do they become a more competitive team hill, after Felix retitres?  We are both last place teams than can help eachother.  The Sox and Mariners are the perfect trade partners in my opinion.  If this ST ends without another big bat, or more productive SP's we are done before we take the field and like in the past, will probably wait until we are out of contention to address it.

I suspect the Mariners hope to be competitive no later than 2014.

Would you trade Xander Bogaerts and Jackie Bradley for Seattle pitching prospects Taijuan Walker and James Paxton?

John Sickels' recent preliminary lists of top prospects had Bogaerts No. 4 and Bradley No. 24 among hitters and Walker No. 7 and Paxton No. 25 among pitchers.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]

So when do they become a more competitive team hill, after Felix retitres?  We are both last place teams than can help eachother.  The Sox and Mariners are the perfect trade partners in my opinion.  If this ST ends without another big bat, or more productive SP's we are done before we take the field and like in the past, will probably wait until we are out of contention to address it.  

I suspect the Mariners hope to be competitive no later than 2014.

[/QUOTE]

I would offer Bogy or Bradley "not both" in a package for Hultzen or Walker and Like I said, only if we signed Hamilton.   Bogaerts is a guy without a position right now unless he can handle SS.   3B is Middy's unless he can move to 1B so thats leaves 2B or the OF? for Bogy.  Bradley "like Iggy" has been getting hype but we have both Ells and Victorino.  We definately have options and I'm not saying the FO isn't looking at them but you have to wonder after reading about the guys they have been chasing.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Pipe dreams. Let's hoard prospects while Sox flounder.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from baddad. Show baddad's posts

sign hamilton and you change the whole complexion of the team......hamilton and ortiz  will be like rameirez and ortiz but with some speed and some glove.......trade anybody prospect wise but bogarts and bradley...and not barnes.... larosa......and .... webster....throw in salty and elsbury...get a couple of good starters..and we wont have to have a bridge year

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Well, if they cant get a solid pitcher they might as well beef up the offense a bit more. If it happens this way I expect a lot of 8-6/10-9 ballgames

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Like who?  Seriously most teams will not ever give up their top two pitchers of their starting rotation especially these guys are younger than 32 and havent been injured.  That is why Boston may have to just over-pay Lohse or Sanchez, but no more than 3 years!!   Let the farm system of the Boston organization develops, and hope that we can see that there is going to be a future top ACE pitcher of the organization!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks. Show RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks's posts

Their Ice Cream is delicious... 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well, if they cant get a solid pitcher they might as well beef up the offense a bit more. If it happens this way I expect a lot of 8-6/10-9 ballgames

[/QUOTE]

The present staff and arms we have been linked to by various sources like Dempster and company tells me our FO still hasn't learned a thing about SP.  We have a couple good #2's or 3's in Lester and Clay if they can find their way.  Outside of that we have a bunch of 5/6 & 7 slot starters. 

On the farm? De La Rosa and in my opinion Barnes may help in a year or two.

I agree we need a top of the line starter and possibly another like Marcum, Anibal, or at the very least make a trade for a top 10 prospect.  For those who are banking on Lackey, Doub and Morales to hold the fort it may be a very long season of jabs.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Our present staff and arms we have been linked to by various sources like Dempster and company tells me our FO still hasn't learned a thing about SP.  We have a couple good #2's or 3's in Lester and Clay if they can find their way.  Outside of that we have a bunch of 5/6 & 7 slot starters. 

I agree we need a top of the line starter and possibly another like Marcum, Anibal, or at the very least make a trade for a top 10 prospect.  For those who are banking on Lackey, Doub and Morales to hold the fort it may be a very long season of jabs.

[/QUOTE]

Doubront had a solid rookie year, he has good stuff and he finished strong.  Not sure what your issue is with him as a 5.  I'm not a Lackey "fan," but there was a lot of talk at the Winter Meetings about Lackey being healthy for the first time in years and he is a prime candidate for a big comeback year.  I think the Sox will be happy going to camp with Lackey as a 4.  They need an innings eater in the middle of that rotation and they will take their chances after that...They are far from done making moves this offseason.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to jasko2248's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Our present staff and arms we have been linked to by various sources like Dempster and company tells me our FO still hasn't learned a thing about SP.  We have a couple good #2's or 3's in Lester and Clay if they can find their way.  Outside of that we have a bunch of 5/6 & 7 slot starters. 

[/QUOTE]

Doubront had a solid rookie year, he has good stuff and he finished strong.  Not sure what your issue is with him as a 5.  I'm not a Lackey "fan," but there was a lot of talk at the Winter Meetings about Lackey being healthy for the first time in years and he is a prime candidate for a big comeback year.  I think the Sox will be happy going to camp with Lackey as a 4.  They need an innings eater in the middle of that rotation and they will take their chances after that...They are far from done making moves this offseason.

[/QUOTE]

I don't have an issue with Doubront at 5, he did what we expected from a rookie.  I also believe Lester and Clay have something to prove and will do well if they stay healthy.  My big issue is our staff has no leader they can depend on more often than not.  This along with your statement of finding an "innings eater" better than Lackey who I still don't believe will be a huge help. 

Correct, we do have plenty of time to build depth but I really don't like the names being thrown around.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

we need a 1...we have at best a 2-3 and three 5's.....that will get you to .500 at best

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Last season Felix Doubront had an ERA of 3.75 in his first 11 starts and an ERA of 5.56 in his final 18 starts, including an ERA of 5.13 in six September starts.

Doubront exceeded expectations in his rookie season.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

[QUOTE]

Last season Felix Doubront had an ERA of 3.75 in his first 11 starts and an ERA of 5.56 in his final 18 starts, including an ERA of 5.13 in six September starts.

Doubront exceeded expectation in his rookie season.

[/QUOTE]
    Ok, Hill.  Let's play "manipulate the stat."  In Doubront's last "4" starts, he didn't pitch less than 6 innings and didn't allow more than 3 earned runs in any of them, which are all considered "quality" starts, so I say he finished strong.