Ben Cherington's News Conference: Current Red Sox Free Agents

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Ben Cherington's News Conference: Current Red Sox Free Agents

When Ben Cherington talked about current Red Sox free agents and wanting to try and bring back Ortiz and Papelbon, I was ecstatic not to hear the names of Wakefield and Varitek.  In addition, given the fact that he's big on player development, I believe his voice will be very loud:

I DO NOT WANT WAKEFIELD AND VARITEK BACK!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Re: Ben Cherington's News Conference: Current Red Sox Free Agents

You do have a point!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Modano09. Show Modano09's posts

It's time to part ways with both of them. But let's not be so quick to celebrate it. Both served the Sox for a long time and gave them a lot of good years. They were part of two championships. They didn't just decide not to perform anymore, age caught up with them. It happens. Time to say goodbye, but let's not be over-joyed their time has come.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: Ben Cherington's News Conference: Current Red Sox Free Agents:
    [QUOTE]It's time to part ways with both of them. But let's not be so quick to celebrate it. Both served the Sox for a long time and gave them a lot of good years. They were part of two championships. They didn't just decide not to perform anymore, age caught up with them. It happens. Time to say goodbye, but let's not be over-joyed their time has come.
    Posted by Modano09[/QUOTE]Thank you. Tim wakefield did everything the Red Sox ever asked him to do, and Jason Varitek was the heart and soul of the tean for a lot of years. Are they done? Yeah. But I think it's sad. It's the end of an era.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

When Ben Cherington talked about current Red Sox free agents and wanting to try and bring back Ortiz and Papelbon, I was ecstatic not to hear the names of Wakefield and Varitek. In addition, given the fact that he's big on player development, I believe his voice will be very loud:

I DO NOT WANT WAKEFIELD AND VARITEK BACK!

There isn't a sane GM who would offer a MLB FA contract to those two begging parasites who should have humbly recognized mortality and retires years ago. Varitek hasn't been able to physcially finish any of the last two seasons as a backup, and parading Wakefield out there for ceremoinal record chase was one of the most embarrasing debacles in Red Sox history. Wakefield can hardly walk, as he just waddles with a big beer gut and the flexibility of a middle aged sedentary couch potato. 

I seriously doubt Cherington will start the FA value and fit change in approach by offering FA MLB contracts to two old men who have been completely impotent in production for the position for years. 

It is truly laugable to see the few remaining posters burying their heads in the sand and pretending that these two parasites are more valuable than cockroaches. These same posters claimed that InEpstein was not going anywhere until it was announced he was gone.

ADG is a welcome voice on a board that is dominated by imbedded homey shills.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: Ben Cherington's News Conference: Current Red Sox Free Agents:
    [QUOTE]When Ben Cherington talked about current Red Sox free agents and wanting to try and bring back Ortiz and Papelbon, I was ecstatic not to hear the names of Wakefield and Varitek . In addition, given the fact that he's big on player development, I believe his voice will be very loud: I DO NOT WANT WAKEFIELD AND VARITEK BACK! There isn't a sane GM who would offer a MLB FA contract to those two begging parasites who should have humbly recognized mortality and retires years ago. Varitek hasn't been able to physcially finish any of the last two seasons as a backup, and parading Wakefield out there for ceremoinal record chase was one of the most embarrasing debacles in Red Sox history. Wakefield can hardly walk, as he just waddles with a big beer gut and the flexibility of a middle aged sedentary couch potato.  I seriously doubt Cherington will start the FA value and fit change in approach by offering FA MLB contracts to two old men who have been completely impotent in production for the position for years.  It is truly laugable to see the few remaining posters burying their heads in the sand and pretending that these two parasites are more valuable than cockroaches. These same posters claimed that InEpstein was not going anywhere until it was announced he was gone. ADG is a welcome voice on a board that is dominated by imbedded homey shills.
    Posted by hankwilliams[/QUOTE]Hank would be rolling over in his grave if he knew you'd appropriated his name.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hubUNqQLjN8

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

hank williams jr. does not have a problem with it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]hand williams jr. does not have a problem with it.
    Posted by hankwilliams[/QUOTE]hank jr. wouldn't. But then again he couldn't hold his old man's guitar picks.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Hank Williams, Jr. has 11 #1 hit singles and has been Country Music entertainer of the year on multiple occassions.

Obama likes those who just cling to Masta Rappa guns, not guns and Bibles.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]Hank Williams, Jr. has 11 #1 hit singles and has been Country Music entertainer of the year on multiple occassions. Obama likes those who just cling to Masta Rappa guns, not guns and Bibles.
    Posted by hankwilliams[/QUOTE]And Hank had 40 #1 hit singles before he died at the ripe old age of 28. Like I said, Hank jr. couldn't his old man's guitar picks.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

I'd say Jr. has done pretty well and can hold his Dad's guitar picks rather well.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]I'd say Jr. has done pretty well and can hold his Dad's guitar picks rather well.
    Posted by hankwilliams[/QUOTE]You can say what you want, but he doesn't hold a candle to his daddy. And why is it that I don't know any of Bocephus' #1's except for Family Tradition but I know nearly all of Hank's? And there is and will always be only one Hank.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

And there is and will always be only one Hank Williams, Jr.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]And there is and will always be only one Hank Williams, Jr.
    Posted by hankwilliams[/QUOTE]Maybe you should change your screen name to hankwilliamsjr then. You clearly don't appreciate Hank's musical legacy.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxvsGiants. Show RedSoxvsGiants's posts

[QUOTE]And there is and will always be only one Hank Williams, Jr.
    Posted by hankwilliams[/QUOTE]
    and there would never have been a Hank Williams, Jr without the late great Hank Williams, Sr. and dont you forget it.  Hows about cookin somthin up for me.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ben Cherington's News Conference: Current Red Sox Free Agents : and there would never have been a Hank Williams, Jr without the late great Hank Williams, Sr. and dont you forget it.  Hows about cookin somthin up for me.
    Posted by RedSoxvsGiants[/QUOTE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95aP0OWx4jY

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

No, you clearly idolize one man over another. Mozart is a little more of a musical genuis than Hank Williams. Get over idolizing any man, you dimwit.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]No, you clearly idolize one man over another. Mozart is a little more of a musical genuis than Hank Williams. Get over idolizing any man, you dimwit.
    Posted by hankwilliams[/QUOTE]Well, I dolike mozart, but my screen name isn't amadeus genius.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In Response to Ben Cherington's News Conference: Current Red Sox Free Agents:
    [QUOTE]When Ben Cherington talked about current Red Sox free agents and wanting to try and bring back Ortiz and Papelbon, I was ecstatic not to hear the names of Wakefield and Varitek.  In addition, given the fact that he's big on player development, I believe his voice will be very loud: I DO NOT WANT WAKEFIELD AND VARITEK BACK!
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

Wow! I never knew you held this position. This is the first time I have heard anyone say anything bad about these two players. I am shocked!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]It's time to part ways with both of them. But let's not be so quick to celebrate it. Both served the Sox for a long time and gave them a lot of good years. They were part of two championships. They didn't just decide not to perform anymore, age caught up with them. It happens. Time to say goodbye, but let's not be over-joyed their time has come.
    Posted by Modano09[/QUOTE]

MO,

A well stated post. 

If it is time for them to go, then a sense of appreciation should accompany their departure.

Tek surprized me with how well he did this last season. Both personally and the tutoring he gave Salty.

I think Wake's time is past.   Tek might just have something left.  To both of a huge hand of thanks.