Best Lefties Sit vs So-so Righty?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Best Lefties Sit vs So-so Righty?

I know Zito's not what he was once, (to say the least), but wouldn't tonight have been a better time to showcase XD?and "rest" Big Papi? And bring back Ross? I must be missing something here.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Re: Best Lefties Sit vs So-so Righty?

Bogaert had no business in that game when Drew is this hot in August.  Farrell was listening to Bill-806, always a mistake.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to bosoxmal's comment:

I know Zito's not what he was once, (to say the least), but wouldn't tonight have been a better time to showcase XD?and "rest" Big Papi? And bring back Ross? I must be missing something here.

I know there's a hesitant to play Ortiz back-to-back nights at 1B, but with Zito pitching today, I agree about playing Ortiz and especially Drew then sit them today.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

They said on the espn cast Mon night that Ortiz has trouble playing back to back days at first base. Said its tough for him to have to move around, bend over, etc. He's not used to it, and is 37 years old. Also note that in his last at bat Mon he went back to the dugout holding his left side, probably for the same reason. Suttcliffe said he wouldnt be back last night, and he wasnt. So thats why you didnt see him last night, but you probably will today. Besides, Zito isnt exactly a flame thrower. The fact that hes LH alone would not be reason to sit Ortiz, esp in light of the above.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

They said on the espn cast Mon night that Ortiz has trouble playing back to back days at first base. Said its tough for him to have to move around, bend over, etc. He's not used to it, and is 37 years old. Also note that in his last at bat Mon he went back to the dugout holding his left side, probably for the same reason. Suttcliffe said he wouldnt be back last night, and he wasnt. So thats why you didnt see him last night, but you probably will today. Besides, Zito isnt exactly a flame thrower. The fact that hes LH alone would not be reason to sit Ortiz, esp in light of the above.

37 is not old.

It's the fact that Ortiz has no range, is slow as molasses and is about as useless at firstbase as George W. Bush was in the oval office.

Keith Hernandez was a firstbaseman, he could run rings around many of today's DHs and firtsbasemen at 40 , and he was a smoker!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Drew is a lifetime .333 hitter in 33 AB's vs. Zitto.  Not much to go on, but it's more than mostly everyone else in our lineup. 

Farrel isn't a complete tool he looks at numbers. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

Drew is a lifetime .333 hitter in 33 AB's vs. Zitto.  Not much to go on, but it's more than mostly everyone else in our lineup. 

First, I'm not one to rip Farrell. I might not agree with some decisions, but that doesn't make me right and him wrong like some posters think when they disagree. It's just my opinion. Also, just because a move doesn't work out, it doesn't make the move the wrong one.

About last night, when I saw Drew's stats against Zito, it made a bit more sense about sitting Drew last night to get Bogaerts in the lineup right away. Still, the way he's been hitting RH'ers, I hated seeing Drew sit, and maybe it would have been better to give Bogaerts his first game against a lefty.

And I understand about Ortiz going back-to-back, I still wish there was a way to play him last night and sit today. But maybe Ortiz has a big day today.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

[QUOTE]

First, I'm not one to rip Farrell. I might not agree with some decisions, but that doesn't make me right and him wrong like some posters think when they disagree. It's just my opinion. Also, just because a move doesn't work out, it doesn't make the move the wrong one.

About last night, when I saw Drew's stats against Zito, it made a bit more sense about sitting Drew last night to get Bogaerts in the lineup right away. Still, the way he's been hitting RH'ers, I hated seeing Drew sit, and maybe it would have been better to give Bogaerts his first game against a lefty.

And I understand about Ortiz going back-to-back, I still wish there was a way to play him last night and sit today. But maybe Ortiz has a big day today.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe...but that's the reason why.

Maybe if they played tonights game 162 times Boagerts would bat .300 with a .950 OPS and Drew would go .200 with a .600 OPS.  But maybe tonight Drew goes 4/4 with 2 HR's who knows.   Personally I would have liked to see Bogaerts there tonight, but I understand the decision.  I would put Bogaerts in there.....but that's just my opinion. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucbom. Show lucbom's posts

In response to torgorocks' comment:

In response to bosoxmal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You're not missing anything, the robot, Farrell, is. Pitching coaches usually don't turn into good managers. Remember Kerrigan?

[/QUOTE]  If ever there was a prototype of what a baseball Manager should look like physically, Farrell is the man.  Unfortunately, like any Manager, he makes some head scratching decisions and perhaps thinks too much about pre and in game strategy.  Like many other posters, his lineup last night was probably the worst ever to many in the Red Sox Nation and press where Farrell was perhaps thinking too much about "tomorrow" and not enough about the game at hand.  Same goes for his pitching decissions from starter to relief.  To bad.  With the Rays winning earlier in the day last nights game was a big one but unfortunately Farrell didn't see it that way.