Best of Three, Detroit vs. Boston

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Re: Best of Three, Detroit vs. Boston

In response to AL34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Here we have it, time to hit the reset button. It is a simple best of three series starting tonight.

Game One:  @ Detroit

Game Two:  @ Boston

Game Three:  @ Boston

The Sox enter the series with a cold bat and Detroit enters with superior starting pitching. Not a good sign to start the series but ....... anything can happen. Perhaps Home Field Advantage will be a the plus people talk about.

Jon Lester faces off  with Anibal Sanchez in tonights Game One.  Clay Bucholz goes Game Two with Detroit yet to name a starter. I would guess that starter will depend on a 'W' or 'L' tonight.

X. Bogaerts looks to get an over-due start in order to fire up a lame offense. 1-5 batters should remain the same. Elles and Victorino are the key along with a needed blast by Ortiz or Napoli. Pedroia is so taken for granted that he is easy to forget - man is fire!  Wether the Sox roll with Salty or Ross, Middlebrooks batting 7th or 9th, or Gomes over Nava, we will have to see.

Get excited for this Best of Three Series!

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you but unfortunately you are facing two CY Young guys in Game 6 and Game 7. I am worried about it and tonight is the game you want. Peavy threwup all over himself last night and that hurt.

[/QUOTE]

True, dat. Peavy laid an egg; I expected better. Tonight is the key to the series IMO. The winner of tonight's game will win the series. I think we can beat EITHER Scherzer OR Verlander, but trying to beat BOTH of them, even at home, is going to be very very difficult. We must win tonight; Lester has to keep us tied at least until we get into their weak bullpen. This is it; this is THE game of the series.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Here we have it, time to hit the reset button. It is a simple best of three series starting tonight.

Game One:  @ Detroit

Game Two:  @ Boston

Game Three:  @ Boston

The Sox enter the series with a cold bat and Detroit enters with superior starting pitching. Not a good sign to start the series but ....... anything can happen. Perhaps Home Field Advantage will be a the plus people talk about.

Jon Lester faces off  with Anibal Sanchez in tonights Game One.  Clay Bucholz goes Game Two with Detroit yet to name a starter. I would guess that starter will depend on a 'W' or 'L' tonight.

X. Bogaerts looks to get an over-due start in order to fire up a lame offense. 1-5 batters should remain the same. Elles and Victorino are the key along with a needed blast by Ortiz or Napoli. Pedroia is so taken for granted that he is easy to forget - man is fire!  Wether the Sox roll with Salty or Ross, Middlebrooks batting 7th or 9th, or Gomes over Nava, we will have to see.

Get excited for this Best of Three Series!

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you but unfortunately you are facing two CY Young guys in Game 6 and Game 7. I am worried about it and tonight is the game you want. Peavy threwup all over himself last night and that hurt.

[/QUOTE]

True, dat. Peavy laid an egg; I expected better. Tonight is the key to the series IMO. The winner of tonight's game will win the series. I think we can beat EITHER Scherzer OR Verlander, but trying to beat BOTH of them, even at home, is going to be very very difficult. We must win tonight; Lester has to keep us tied at least until we get into their weak bullpen. This is it; this is THE game of the series.

[/QUOTE]

totally agree............Red Sox will take this game

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Well, Farrell have made few roster moves such as switching back and forth with Nava and Gomes.  None of them have paid it off.   Then he tried to use Carp over Napoli, and still it didnt work out for Farrell either.  Same with Ross and Salty.  

Yes Leyand made few moves in his line up, and it did paid off for Detriot.  But remember, that costly error by Pedroia have made Leyand and his team to look better that nite.

Bogaerts may get one or two key hits, but I would worry him more defensively than offense.

One blow error will help Detriot alot especially with hot hitting Peralta and V-mart!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Stands to reason that they're not going to hit Sanchez.  Dude was filthy in game 1.  One, maybe two runs will be enough for Detroit tonight.  Sox had two outstanding starts from Lester and Lackey, and barely even plated runs.  These one run affairs won't last for this Sox team.  They dodged major bullets in Lackey's game. 

Lineup order might not make a difference; it's time to play some youth.  Drew is simply a smaller version of his brother, and Middlebrooks used up his hits in September.  

They're going to have to win back to back in Boston against Scherzer and Verlander.  Doesn't bode well. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to soups' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Stands to reason that they're not going to hit Sanchez.  Dude was filthy in game 1.  One, maybe two runs will be enough for Detroit tonight.  Sox had two outstanding starts from Lester and Lackey, and barely even plated runs.  These one run affairs won't last for this Sox team.  They dodged major bullets in Lackey's game. 

Lineup order might not make a difference; it's time to play some youth.  Drew is simply a smaller version of his brother, and Middlebrooks used up his hits in September.  

They're going to have to win back to back in Boston against Scherzer and Verlander.  Doesn't bode well. 

[/QUOTE]

I don't think it stands to reason.  Anibal pitched his absolute best in game 1.  I don't know that reason applies at all when it comes to playoff baseball, but if if anything stands to reason, it is that Sanchez is unlikely to string together 2 absolute gems.  These guys have seen him, and FWIW, the bats woke up a little last night.  I think they get to him tonight.

Still might be a one run affair of course, but I like the Sox in 1 run affairs due to my favorite three words:  Breslow-Tazawa-Uehara.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to soups' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Its highly unlikely that Sanchez can repeat his performance of game 1. He will be good; Lester has to be just as good until we get into their weak underbelly: their bullpen. Today's game is our best chance to take control in this series. I am not counting this team out just yet. Lose today and their chances are not good at all.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

Tough task against Max and Verlander, but we have one down... now we only need one more.  I like our chances even though we are facing the two best pitchers in baseball on back to back games.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Well regardless of the end result Max and Verlander owned us .... and for 7+ innings each. The only way to win is if Lester and (surprise) Lackey hold the Tigers to 2 or less runs and go 7 innings.

[/QUOTE]

What kills me is that they are paying Peavy 14 million a year as a 4th starter and he gave them a game like that. Part of it was Pedroia but you do not walk Austin Jackson on 4 pitches to force in a run. My Miniature Schnauzer could hit better than Austin Jackson. 

[/QUOTE]

Say Al, the Red Sox are giving their fans an incredible season, and yet I've never seen one post from you either celebrating the team's success and expressing delight.  I hope you are at least kind to your miniature schnauzer.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to RedSoxDOrtiz's comment:

Tough task against Max and Verlander, but we have one down... now we only need one more.  I like our chances even though we are facing the two best pitchers in baseball on back to back games.

Morning RSDO,  i agree...but tough for them too...you guys have effectively(sp) reduced their margin of error to zero...the Sox still have a foul to give..so to speak Smile