Best team in MLB is

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Best team in MLB is

is the NYY there is no one that would know that with injuries to Jeter, ARod, Tex, Granderson, now Youk and Cervelli plus anyone else I'm missing would still be playingover 500 baseball. Yes there are other teams playing with a better winning percentage but not with the adversity the Yankees have encountered.

Either that or Giradi is managing better than any other season in the past.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SleeStack1. Show SleeStack1's posts

Re: Best team in MLB is

If we want to cintinue the bizarro analysis, I'll vote for the best team being Baltimore...

A better record at 41% of the Yankee payroll.

Enjoy

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to SleeStack1's comment:

If we want to cintinue the bizarro analysis, I'll vote for the best team being Baltimore...

A better record at 41% of the Yankee payroll.

Enjoy

No love for Colorado, whose payroll is even lower than Baltimore's and whose record is better?  And with their best SP on the DL?

The king of wins/payroll is Oakland early on, but their record is a tad inflated by a 6-0 stretch vs Houston (though Houston might not be as pathetic as first impressions lead us).  Against non-Houston teams, Oakland is 7-11...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Except for his proclivity for burning out young starters, Girardi is a pretty good manager.  Not the only good one, but he's done a solid job.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

is the NYY there is no one that would know that with injuries to Jeter, ARod, Tex, Granderson, now Youk and Cervelli plus anyone else I'm missing would still be playingover 500 baseball. Yes there are other teams playing with a better winning percentage but not with the adversity the Yankees have encountered.

The best team in baseball right now is the team with the best record. Looks like the Red Sox are right up there, right now. No one should give the Yankees that title until they earn it. And no one is going to have any sympathy for them because of their injuries. I will say that though I hate that team, I do respect them for being a class organization. That said, I hope they lose the rest of their games.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Romine is a solid defensive catcher and has been called up, he was batting .333 at AAA SWB, whether he can hit at the next level remains to be seen. But he will finally get his shot.

It will get more interesting if Nova has a serious injury.

Unknown until the results from the MRI come back.

Phelps to the rotation? Wang II?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Didn't take long.

Vidal Nuno Gets The Call

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Jack Curry @JackCurryYES 14m Nuno has been recalled by the Yankees so Nova is heading to the DL. Romine will also be with Yankees today.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

Jack Curry @JackCurryYES 14m Nuno has been recalled by the Yankees so Nova is heading to the DL. Romine will also be with Yankees today.

Here's to wishing the Bankees the best..............NOT.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Nuno is a lefty reliever who looked great in camp.

Vidal Nuno could step up for the New York Yankees - MLB

From Olney

http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/blog/_/name/olney_buster/id/9217715/vidal-nuno-step-new-york-yankees-mlb

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Bankees huh?

How clever.

One would guess you be in their camp considering how much of their annual income is redistributed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Bankees huh?

How clever.

One would guess you be in their camp considering how much of their annual income is redistributed.

When was the last time the BANKEES didn't have the highest payroll in baseball? Never mind. I will save you the trouble of looking it up: it was 15 years ago in 1998. I could not care less how they redistribute their money. The truth is that year after year, more so than any other team, they have tried to buy a championship.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Bankees huh?

How clever.

When was the last time the BANKEES didn't have the highest payroll in baseball? Never mind. I will save you the trouble of looking it up: it was 15 years ago in 1998. I could not care less how they redistribute their money. The truth is that year after year, more so than any other team, they have tried to buy a championship.

You are so shallow.

When the last time they didn't lead MLB in attendance or revenue?

Pumpsie Green for a handle Huh? I remember Pumpsie Green I saw him play.

What were you belly aching about when he was playing the 4 years with the Sox and those Yankees were in the WS three of the four? In that era you could pencil the Yankees in as the AL champ almost every year.

That was before free agency, all this player movement, before the cap, before revenue sharing.

Besides the Sox are not much better, let's not be so quick to forget the salary dump last season before they found God.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

Bankees huh?

How clever.

You are so shallow.

When the last time they didn't lead MLB in attendance or revenue?

Pumpsie Green for a handle Huh? I remember Pumpsie Green I saw him play.

What were you belly aching about when he was playing the 4 years with the Sox and the Yankeess were in the WS three of those four? When you could pencil the Yankee in as the AL champ almost every year?

That was before free agency, player movement, before the cap, before revenue sharing.

Besides the Sox are not much better, let's not be so quick to forget the salary dump last season before they found God.

You should ask this pumpsiegreen about his famous 2007 thread he had on here.

the classic whine then back track.

Heaven forbid if the Sox season goes south. I've seen his act before on other sites, it could get ugly.

Him and Fred the two horses of the apocalypse.

A leopard doesn't change his spots.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:

In response to mryazz's comment:

Bankees huh?

How clever.

hey clown, why don't you go visit the 'MISSION ACCOMPLISHED' library in texas.

as an aside, the last person in texas that was ever near a school book was lee harvey oswald.

Mrmensa makes an appearance.

Al Qaeda is defeated another great recent statement.

you're a perfect example of why most people hate clowns. wait,  hate is too strong a word. instead, i'll use despise.

Doing pretty good for someone with a limited vocabulary.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

Obvious hyperbole, but I get your drift.

Actually, nothing could make me happier than to see the Yankees hang in there despite the multitude of injuries!!!!

Let's face it......  It's so much more fun to see the Sox battle it out against the Evil Empire, than it is to see them go toe to toe with the ........  Baltimore, Toronto, TB!  The wins are so much sweater against a competative Yankee team.  That's what made the 2004 ALCS win so special.  While I loved finally winning the World Series, the be all end all of that magic season was the Red Sox vs. Yankee series.  The WS was anti-climatic!

Please!!!  Hang in there Yankees!  Red Sox KEEP ROLLING!!!  See you in the ALCS :)

The Yankees complete us!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

Jim: Fact is that Giradi  has long been one of the best mangers in the game. IMO, if Jeter and A Roid return the team will go south. A healthy Tex and Grandy will help, but the left side of the inf will be definitely inept. Catching is now a major problen. For sure, these injuries will weigh heavily on the evil empire. Mo had to pitch out of a bases loaded jam last nite. Orioles will probably fight with Sox for first place, but Papi must play a full sdeason to make us relevant/

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to boboinfla's comment:

Jim: Fact is that Giradi  has long been one of the best mangers in the game. IMO, if Jeter and A Roid return the team will go south. A healthy Tex and Grandy will help, but the left side of the inf will be definitely inept. Catching is now a major problen. For sure, these injuries will weigh heavily on the evil empire. Mo had to pitch out of a bases loaded jam last nite. Orioles will probably fight with Sox for first place, but Papi must play a full sdeason to make us relevant/

They got some cheapie hits off Mo, he did bend but didn't break, he got Ks to get out the inning to finish the game.

He won't be available today though.

I expect nothing from Arod and frankly hope there is a paper trail to prevent him from returning.

Don't sell Derek Jeter short. Nunez finally showing he can play SS which was always his natural postion.

Catching isn't a problem, Romine has a good defensive glove and a decent arm but can he hit at this level?

Too bad for Cervelli who was having a good spring, they give the injury 6 weeks..