Big Papi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: Big Papi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In response to manosome's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to soups' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Also thank you Jim Leyland for channeling your inner Madden and changing pitchers for abso no reason.....When I saw that righty pitching to Papi I actually laughed aloud....he looked he was going to take a dump right on the mound....lol

[/QUOTE]

Benoit's numbers against Papi were dazzling.  That's why the switch was made.  And it wasn't just that Papi had 0 HRs against him; his overall #s were terrible against Benoit.  That's why the switch, but it's also part of what makes last night's win so incredible.  Papi hit a GS off a guy he's barely ever hit at all.

[/QUOTE]

Thank you for saying that. There are things managers know more than fans on the couch. He's really a great manager, and shouldn't be taking abuse since he got his team to where they are right now. And that was a battle as well.

[/QUOTE]

There are fans under the couch who know more about baseball than georom.

[/QUOTE]

There are the glass half-filled and the glass half-empty kind of people in the world. And then there's the nothing in the glass at all no matter what is actually in the glass kind of people.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Coming up big, yet again! As I said in another thread, all the Scherzer strikeouts were meant by the universe to come to a place where we are down by 4, bases loaded, two outs, and we have Mr. October at the plate. You couldn't have casted this better if it were a movie! Unfreakenbelievable.

You could just feeeeeel it! It's what he does BEST, and better than ANYONE in the game. A grand slam that will go down in baseball history, not just Red Sox history!

Congrats to the bullpen as well, they were brilliant. And Gomes with his ability to get on base, and run down that infield hit, and Salty to bring it home!!!!

Best game of this postseason BY FAR! Awesome. You got this guys!!

[/QUOTE]

Couldn't have said it better meself Kimster! Cool

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

There are fans under the couch who know more about baseball than georom.

The fan in my window has a higher IQ than some of these clowns.

The fan in my window spins less than some of these clowns as well.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to manosome's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Btw, if Hunter did make that catch while falling into the bullpen, wouldn't it still have been a HR? It used to be that way. Has the rule changed?

[/QUOTE]

The rule is that if he makes a LEGAL CATCH IN THE FIELD OF PLAY then falls into the stands it is an out but the runners all advance one base.  We are lucky he didn't make the catch because there were 2 outs at the time and it would have been out number 3.