Big Papi...loooooking good!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 808soxfan. Show 808soxfan's posts

Re: Big Papi...loooooking good!

I was joking about the photoshop....obviously.

I doubt that a fat Ortiz would show up to spring training after posting that photo.

Big Papi has worked hard to line himself up for another great season.

I'd rather think about Papi maintaining his 2013 WS OBP throughout the 2014 seasonWink

HOF!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to 808soxfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I was joking about the photoshop....obviously.

I doubt that a fat Ortiz would show up to spring training after posting that photo.

Big Papi has worked hard to line himself up for another great season.

I'd rather think about Papi maintaining his 2013 WS OBP throughout the 2014 seasonWink

HOF!!!

[/QUOTE]

I'd be impressed if Ortiz was able to photoshop a picture of himself to look like that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't know...I kind of have the same question as the poster who suggested that the picture was photo-shopped. Now..before anyone has a meltdown..look at his arms and compare them to a picture of Ortiz say..6 months ago. His arms should look bigger if he's lost weight yet they look smaller. This would suggest that in addition to losing weight..he also lost muscle mass.

Also..that looks like a pretty significant weight loss over the last public picture of Ortiz which was a couple of weeks ago.

So the question begs...is that picture photo-shopped or did Ortiz go on a crash diet to drop weight?

Added to that..isn't Ortiz a Reebok guy? Some Reebok exec. somewhere is no doubt cringing at the sight of him in a Nike shirt.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, David is a Reebok athlete and when not on MLB time, he wears Reebok product. Also, David looked great last year.  On tv he looks a little heavy but at games he is a perfectly built athlete. With his perfect season last year I am not sure why he would want to change anything.

Are there any news sources reporting David's sudden weight loss?  Just a few weeks ago in front the cameras when asking for an extension, he looked the same and no one mentioned any weight loss from the WS champion and MVP.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Yes, David is a Reebok athlete and when not on MLB time, he wears Reebok product. Also, David looked great last year.  On tv he looks a little heavy but at games he is a perfectly built athlete. With his perfect season last year I am not sure why he would want to change anything.

Well, he lost weight before last year, so maybe he wants to keep going.

Down in weight- up in OPS.

Are there any news sources reporting David's sudden weight loss?  Just a few weeks ago in front the cameras when asking for an extension, he looked the same and no one mentioned any weight loss from the WS champion and MVP.

The Boston media is all hung up on the extension grab to notice anything else.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to steven11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I don't know...I kind of have the same question as the poster who suggested that the picture was photo-shopped. Now..before anyone has a meltdown..look at his arms and compare them to a picture of Ortiz say..6 months ago. His arms should look bigger if he's lost weight yet they look smaller. This would suggest that in addition to losing weight..he also lost muscle mass.

Also..that looks like a pretty significant weight loss over the last public picture of Ortiz which was a couple of weeks ago.

So the question begs...is that picture photo-shopped or did Ortiz go on a crash diet to drop weight?

Added to that..isn't Ortiz a Reebok guy? Some Reebok exec. somewhere is no doubt cringing at the sight of him in a Nike shirt.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Laughing

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So no one else is reporting David had a sudden weight loss. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

So no one else is reporting David had a sudden weight loss. 

Do they report on all players weight loss? 

David Ortiz lost weight

By Grant Brisbee  @mccoveychron on Feb 4 2014, 11:08a 6

× DON'T MISS THE NEXT AMAZING SPORTS MOMENT FOLLOW SBNATION.COM ON TWITTER

LIKE SBNATION.COM FACEBOOK

There are best-shape-of-his-life anecdotes, and then there are best-shape-of-his-life pictures. This is one of the latter.

Going to guess that everyone has the Medium Papi joke at the ready. So we can also go with:

Moderate Papi
    Median Papi
    Sparse Papi
    Appropriately Portioned Papi
    Still Quite Big, But Not As In Your Face About It Papi
    Papi

Jokes aside, he looks terrifying. And that's probably a good thing for the Red Sox.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I disagree that he looks "terrifying"...but we can agree to disagree on that matter. We've been so busy focusing on the picture but maybe we need to focus on the message of that tweet by Ortiz and the subsequent tweet about how proud his is to wear the Sox uniform.

First..who are these media haters that Ortiz speaks of? Seems to me that the media loves this guy almost as much as Red Sox Nation. I love and appreciate Ortiz' on-field skills as well...but this attitude of his that he doesn't get any respect or that people hate him is one of those things that just takes away from it for me.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

looks great,   should cut down on hitting into the  DP's.....  Also, could drop a bunt or two against the shift !!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

[QUOTE]

I disagree that he looks "terrifying"...but we can agree to disagree on that matter. We've been so busy focusing on the picture but maybe we need to focus on the message of that tweet by Ortiz and the subsequent tweet about how proud his is to wear the Sox uniform.

First..who are these media haters that Ortiz speaks of? Seems to me that the media loves this guy almost as much as Red Sox Nation. I love and appreciate Ortiz' on-field skills as well...but this attitude of his that he doesn't get any respect or that people hate him is one of those things that just takes away from it for me.

[/QUOTE]

So Ortiz actually tweeted ou this picture.  I saw the comments.  I think most are only concerned about  who the person signing the check.

Well he does look skinny and again I am not sure why he wanted to lose that much weight.  Older running backs will do it to gain speed. David is a dh and no one cares about his speed on the bases.  I know in the gym if I lose 20 pounds, it affects my bench. Looks like he lost 20 to 30 pounds in a matter of a few weeks.  When he was holding the dog on his lap to promote his new endorsement, he looked the same as he did in the ws.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Unfortunately for Bill-666, working out won't make Papi any less Black.

[/QUOTE]

was that crack about Papi really necessary? IMHO I don't think the color of Papi's skin has anything to do with Bill-806.

[/QUOTE]

Hi Hammah, yes, I think it was necessary.  I am sick of the guy's comments about "Dominican milkshakes" and "38 going on 43" not to mention his "humor" about how "nothing good has ever come from Mexico" and I daresay I'm not alone in my hatred of him.  He's a moron and a bigot and deserves 10 times the aggro he gets here.

[/QUOTE]
    well sonics like I always say. everyone is entitled to their opinion. I asked you a question and like a gentleman you answered me. my next question to you is are you ready for some red sox spring training baseball yet?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So Ortiz actually tweeted ou this picture.  I saw the comments.  I think most are only concerned about  who the person signing the check.

Well he does look skinny and again I am not sure why he wanted to lose that much weight.  Older running backs will do it to gain speed. David is a dh and no one cares about his speed on the bases.  I know in the gym if I lose 20 pounds, it affects my bench. Looks like he lost 20 to 30 pounds in a matter of a few weeks.  When he was holding the dog on his lap to promote his new endorsement, he looked the same as he did in the ws.

[/QUOTE]
    well steven, I look at it this way. Papi drops 20 lbs and that means 20 less lbs on his large frame that could or could not effect his heel issue. the guy is megah strong and is gonna be great this year. and hopefully a couple of good years after.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

no one cares about his speed on the bases. 

[/QUOTE]

Haaaah haaaaa..... classic.

One of your constant complaints about Ortiz was how slow he was. Love it.

Thanks for the morning chuckle :)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

I don't hink he looks terrifying either... that was an article I grabbed someone here was asking if anyone reported on Big Papi's weight loss, that was the first article that popped up. 

Shaunessy has got to be one of those haters. There is no love lost between Ortiz and Dan.

One thing is for sure... Big Papi knows how to keep people talking.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    well steven, I look at it this way. Papi drops 20 lbs and that means 20 less lbs on his large frame that could or could not effect his heel issue. the guy is megah strong and is gonna be great this year. and hopefully a couple of good years after.

[/QUOTE]

That is a great point.  One person never mentioned who deserves a sox ring as much as anyone is the trainer who spent endless hours on Ortiz's foot problem.  Callahan on weei spent 20 minutes one morning on what Ortiz's trainer did to get him back in the line-up.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That is a great point.  One person never mentioned who deserves a sox ring as much as anyone is the trainer who spent endless hours on Ortiz's foot problem.  Callahan on weei spent 20 minutes one morning on what Ortiz's trainer did to get him back in the line-up.

[/QUOTE]
    thanks, I appreciate that. and I listen to D & C every morning on the way to work. Jerry told it like it is. What Jerry didn't mention is the "team" of people responsible for getting our MVP ready for this year. strength and conditioning, nutritionist.....I could go on and on.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

If I take a company public I will ask Ortiz to send out a tweet.  Felger and mazz are going to discuss the Ortiz tweet.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

JP Morgan's CEO just got a 74% pay raise, despite the $20 Billion in fines his company was just ordered to pay for criminal wrongdoings under his watch.

Dimon made about $10,000 oer hour, which means he made more in his firast 2 hours of work this last year than a minimum wage earner.

He deserves it, right?

Afterall, he didn't use the media to try and get the most he could get. He got his next contract behind closed door like "real gentlemen" do.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

[QUOTE]

JP Morgan's CEO just got a 74% pay raise, despite the $20 Billion in fines his company was just ordered to pay for criminal wrongdoings under his watch.

Dimon made about $10,000 oer hour, which means he made more in his firast 2 hours of work this last year than a minimum wage earner.

He deserves it, right?

Afterall, he didn't use the media to try and get the most he could get. He got his next contract behind closed door like "real gentlemen" do.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think the media or fans helped david ever or help most players.  In the end it is between the player and the owner.

The only problem people have with David's latest complaint is, he is willing to leave Boston if he does not soon get an extension.  Boston fans are fickle and if David is willing to threaten to leave, then there is a large group who are willing to say so long, don't let the door hit you while you are leaving.

Everyone is replaceable, we have seen it with other players like Mo, Clemens, fisk, lynn etc.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

[QUOTE]

If I take a company public I will ask Ortiz to send out a tweet.  Felger and mazz are going to discuss the Ortiz tweet.

[/QUOTE]

Did Reebok get your tweet too?

We're you "ratting" Ortiz out....lol.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to oscars' comment:

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:
    [QUOTE]

David Ortiz @davidortiz 2h

Finishing my workout to have another monster season for all those media hater that still doubting!!! pic.twitter.com/Aoorrc1egG

Embedded image permalink

via Twitter

Looking great big man!

[/QUOTE]

https://twitter.com/davidortiz

If the link does not come out, this is from a picture ortiz posted on 12/16 with a similar one on 12/19.  Both are with A Rod.  David really lost an amazing amount of weight in 7 or so weeks.  I hope he breaks down his work outs for all of us.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Hope he is OK......  I mean, is he going to be strong enough to finish the season ??????   Yes, Im concerned, VERY CONCERNED !!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

showed this picture to a few non-sox fans....

"he looks sick"

"looks like he stopped taking HGH"

neither of which are my perception but was interesting in hearing comments from people without a dog in the race....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

showed this picture to a few non-sox fans....

"he looks sick"

"looks like he stopped taking HGH"

neither of which are my perception but was interesting in hearing comments from people without a dog in the race....

[/QUOTE]

I was thinking it looks like he may have added Yoga or Pilates to his routine. I've seen this kind of transformation with some of the lunkheads at my gym.