Big Rays Royals trade

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Big Rays Royals trade

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/12/royals-to-acquire-james-shields-wade-davis.html#disqus_thread

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Re: Big Rays Royals trade

Even with the rumor discussioin regarding Jon Lester, I don't think the Red Sox could top the Rays' offer for OF Wil Myers, RHP Jake Odorizzi, LHP Mike Montgomery and 3B/OF Patrick Leonard, for James Shields and Wade Davis.

That was quite a haul by the Rays: 22-year-old outfielder Wil Myers entered the season as Baseball America's 28th-ranked prospect before blowing up this year, 23-year-old lefthander Mike Montgomery entered the season as BA's 23rd-ranked prospect before faltering at Triple A this year, 22-year-old righthander Jake Odorizzi entered the season as BA's 68th-ranked prospect, and thirdbaseman Patrick Leonard last season posted an OPS of .833 in the pitcher-friendly Midwest League as a 19-year-old.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

we could, but it would hurt more than help. Rays have plenty of pitching to give where its a need for the Sox...They didnt match up well. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthomas43. Show mthomas43's posts

Maybe the Sox can get Myers in 6 years.  This off season just keeps getting worse.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to mthomas43's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Maybe the Sox can get Myers in 6 years.  This off season just keeps getting worse.

[/QUOTE]

I never really though Wil Myers was a realistic target this year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I told you guys Shields would be traded (not that it was a big surprise).

TB will not "fade away".

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthomas43. Show mthomas43's posts

John Harper ‏@NYDNHarper

Great trade for Rays, btw. Pitching hasn't been enough. Needed a thumper, and Myers should be the guy. Yankees' scouts gaga over him.

Expand 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

It is just crazy how much pitching the Rays have, and how little offense. This should teach Softy it is about pitching stupid.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

What a heist by the Rays there...Kinda wish we had dealt Lester and someone else there...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leftymcrighty. Show Leftymcrighty's posts

Rays robbed the Royals. Meyers would have been a nice addition to the Sox, in contrast to the boring geriatric signings of Cherington.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to titletownfan's comment:

What a heist by the Rays there...Kinda wish we had dealt Lester and someone else there...

James Shields has significantly more trade value than Jon Lester based on performance the past two seasons, salary and team control. The Royals wanted pitching so a Red Sox offer would have needed to include a pitcher far better than Wade Davis (and the Sox probably could not afford that given their own pitching woes).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

now we know the price for pitching...so if we give up our best prospects in a deal..i don't want to hear..OMG we gave up to much.or this and that...i would have loved to get shields.but would you have gave up our best prospects? KC did...that's the price you pay.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Looks great for the Rays, they will miss Shields though, sort of their staff anchor for a while, dependable and pretty consistently good.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Agree, the Sox just don't have the horses available to pull off a major deal like that.  Ells is the best they are willing to let go and he isn't worth that much since the gaining team only has control of him for 1 yr.  Not much in the minors to deal either since the Sox showcased all of them this past year due to the huge amount of injuries and none of them really looked that great.  I think their best bet is to try to sign FA Lohse for whatever it takes and hope he can pitch in the AL East.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to traven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Agree, the Sox just don't have the horses available to pull off a major deal like that.  Ells is the best they are willing to let go and he isn't worth that much since the gaining team only has control of him for 1 yr.  Not much in the minors to deal either since the Sox showcased all of them this past year due to the huge amount of injuries and none of them really looked that great.  I think their best bet is to try to sign FA Lohse for whatever it takes and hope he can pitch in the AL East.

[/QUOTE]

I know. The Sox just suck. Isn't it a drag?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

the sox didn't showcase any of our prospects...our best prospects are not even ready for the bigs...what are you talking about?are you in your own world or somthing? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to kimsaysthis's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I know. The Sox just suck. Isn't it a drag?

[/QUOTE]

don't tell anybody that..they might belive you...(rolling my eyes)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

the sox didn't showcase any of our prospects...our best prospects are not even ready for the bigs...what are you talking about?are you in your own world or somthing? 

[/QUOTE]

They brought the whole Paw Sox team up at some point during the season...aren't any of them considered prospects?  What do you call them?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They brought the whole Paw Sox team up at some point during the season...aren't any of them considered prospects?  What do you call them?

[/QUOTE]
    who?

carpenter?

nava?

kalish?

gomez?

mortensen?

lavarnway?

are you for real? prospects? did i miss anyone?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    who?

carpenter?

nava?

kalish?

gomez?

mortensen?

lavarnway?

[/QUOTE]

You missed the two best that the Sox brought up...are you for real???

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    who?

carpenter?

nava?

kalish?

gomez?

mortensen?

lavarnway?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    because we are not trading tazawa..and iglesias? ok whatever you say...you lost boy...silly to think you are for real..my bad..you are in your own world..i'll leave you alone...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mthomas43's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I never really though Wil Myers was a realistic target this year.

[/QUOTE]

He was a realistic target if the Royals were willing to deal him. We keep getting 31+ year olds while dream acquisitions involving MLB ready prospects (rare, very rare to be had) are not our "thing".

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

I think the Sox believe that their dream acquisitions are already in the Sox system and it is just a matter of watching them progress from A and AA to the Paw Sox and then on to the big team and they are more than willing to wait rather than take a chance trading any of their current players for MLB ready prospects.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    who?

carpenter?

nava?

kalish?

gomez?

mortensen?

lavarnway?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    because we are not trading tazawa..and iglesias? ok whatever you say...you lost boy...silly to think you are for real..my bad..you are in your own world..i'll leave you alone...

[/QUOTE]

Middlebrooks was a prospect...and so was Ciriaco..I guess you really don't follow the Sox that much do you?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

[QUOTE]

I think the Sox believe that their dream acquisitions are already in the Sox system and it is just a matter of watching them progress from A and AA to the Paw Sox and then on to the big team and they are more than willing to wait rather than take a chance trading any of their current players for MLB ready prospects.

[/QUOTE]

right now i agree with you...but we need starting pitching right now,