Bigger Deal with King Felix?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Bigger Deal with King Felix?

Just a thought with all these players they are picking up and what they have obtained in trades, I am wondering if they are going to put a major package for King Felix of Seattle in the off season. Just some thought there.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Bigger Deal with King Felix?

If this trade goes through I could definitely see that happening now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Makes sense.  Now I have to change my Avatar to Loney LOL

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Well, I like Agonz...but I strongly think he wanted out of Boston.  He wouldnt say it in public. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Stop the idiocy. Seattle isn't trading Felix. He's their top draw and a cult hero there.
    Get real!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

De LaRosa could be the real deal anyway.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In Response to Bigger Deal with King Felix?:
    [QUOTE]Just a thought with all these players they are picking up and what they have obtained in trades, I am wondering if they are going to put a major package for King Felix of Seattle in the off season. Just some thought there.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]
    What what it's worth, 23-year-old Rubby de la Rosa and 22-year-old Allen Webster are ranked far below Seattle pitching prospects Taijuan Walker, Danny Hultzen and James Paxton*, so I questioned whether the Mariners would have much interest in those pitchers (or 28-year-old firstbaseman James Loney, 25-year-old infielder Ivan DeJesus or outfielder Jerry Sands, who turns 25 next month).

* in fact, John Sickels' midseason prospect list ranked 17-year-old Seattle pitching prospect Victor Sanchez ahead of Allen Webster: http://www.minorleagueball.com/2012/7/2/3130761/top-120-prospect-list-for-2012-midseason-revision-update

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomp4. Show boomp4's posts

Fools nobody will be left to trade except ellsbury

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

You could be right it was just a thought because I could not see them hopingnthat De La Rosa develops into a number one bonafide starter. If he does not thats a pretty big meatball hanging over the plate on what management will be selling us on. n response to "Re: Bigger Deal with King Felix?": [QUOTE]In Response to Bigger Deal with King Felix? : What what it's worth, 23-year-old Rubby de la Rosa and 22-year-old Allen Webster are ranked far below Seattle pitching prospects Taijuan Walker, Danny Hultzen and James Paxton*, so I questioned whether the Mariners would have much interest in those pitchers (or 28-year-old firstbaseman James Loney, 25-year-old infielder Ivan DeJesus or outfielder Jerry Sands, who turns 25 next month). * in fact, John Sickels' midseason prospect list ranked 17-year-old Seattle pitching prospect Victor Sanchez ahead of Allen Webster: http://www.minorleagueball.com/2012/7/2/3130761/top-120-prospect-list-for-2012-midseason-revision-update Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

All We Get Is A Rubby Tuesday And A Looney Tune, For AGon,

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In Response to Re: Bigger Deal with King Felix?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Bigger Deal with King Felix? : What what it's worth, 23-year-old Rubby de la Rosa and 22-year-old Allen Webster are ranked far below Seattle pitching prospects Taijuan Walker, Danny Hultzen and James Paxton*, so I questioned whether the Mariners would have much interest in those pitchers (or 28-year-old firstbaseman James Loney, 25-year-old infielder Ivan DeJesus or outfielder Jerry Sands, who turns 25 next month). * in fact, John Sickels' midseason prospect list ranked 17-year-old Seattle pitching prospect Victor Sanchez ahead of Allen Webster: http://www.minorleagueball.com/2012/7/2/3130761/top-120-prospect-list-for-2012-midseason-revision-update
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

Jerry Sands has 24 HR and 101 RBIs. He will be the LF next year. The Red Sox are lacking power in the outfield. It's disgraceful that Cody Ross is their leading HR hitting OF. 

This will be a great trade for Red Sox nation!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]De LaRosa could be the real deal anyway.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

99 on radar AFTER TJ surgery....wow

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Not so fast there, Sparky ! Is that Albourque New Mexico Power where the air is thinner ? Dont you remember the Dodgers prospects in the 1980s where the stats were over inflated because of the thin air and the travel of the ball. He was taken in the 25th round of the 2008 amateur draft. I do not think he is ready tobbe adorned the heir apparent to right field in 2013 just yet. He is not even in the top 25 Dodger Prospects for 2012 accordingnto Fox Sports Fantasy Prospect Guide. He has 4 hits in 23 at bats with the Dodgers and has struck out 9 times. In response to "Re: Bigger Deal with King Felix?": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bigger Deal with King Felix? : Jerry Sands has 24 HR and 101 RBIs. He will be the LF next year. The Red Sox are lacking power in the outfield. It's disgraceful that Cody Ross is their leading HR hitting OF.  This will be a great trade for Red Sox nation! Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Topped out at 97 during the game. I did not hear 99. TJ Surgery is scarring me a little bit. n response to "Re: Bigger Deal with King Felix?": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bigger Deal with King Felix? : 99 on radar AFTER TJ surgery....wow Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bigger Deal with King Felix? : Jerry Sands has 24 HR and 101 RBIs. He will be the LF next year. The Red Sox are lacking power in the outfield. It's disgraceful that Cody Ross is their leading HR hitting OF.  This will be a great trade for Red Sox nation!
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]
    Here are comparative Albuquerque numbers for Seattle outfielder Trayvon Robinson* and Jerry Sands, who is the same age as Robinson:

2011 Robinson 416 PA, .293/.375/.563/.938, 26 HR
    2011 JerSands 418 PA, .278/.344/.586/.931, 29 HR
    2012 JerSands 479 PA, .303/.380/.531/.911, 24 HR

My point is that Albuquerque is a notorious launching pad.

* Robinson has struggled, although he homered off Jake Peavy tonight

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

Jerry Sands is a minor league hitter. He has struggled against major league pitching. Everybody hits in the Pacific Coast League. It is a hitter's league with a lot of small ballparks. He will get eaten alive in the AL East. They didn't even get the top pitching prospect, Zach Lee, from the Dodgers. De la Rosa is coming off Tommy Jon surgery. DeJesus is a younger version of Punto. He is a utility infielder. Webster isn't having a great year in AA. The Red Sox don't have enough top prospects to get King Felix. The Rangers, Braves & Blue Jays all have better farm systems and better prospects to land King Felix. This is not a good deal for the Red Sox. This wouldn't be a good package straight up for Gonzalez and Boston is trading 4 players for this package. You have to get Lee in the deal. Why not try & get Dee Gordon? Yes, the Red Sox save a lot of money in this deal, but this isn't a great free agency class. Greinke is the best free agent pitcher & he isn't coming to Boston because of his anxiety disorder. He wouldn't handle the pressure of playing in Boston. Hamilton is the best position player available and playing in Boston might be too much for him with his personal issues. So do use that cash and overpay the likes of Edwin Jackson & BJ Upton? I'm not sure that would be a wise move either. This trade could set the Red Sox back a few years

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]Not so fast there, Sparky ! Is that Albourque New Mexico Power where the air is thinner ? Dont you remember the Dodgers prospects in the 1980s where the stats were over inflated because of the thin air and the travel of the ball. He was taken in the 25th round of the 2008 amateur draft. I do not think he is ready tobbe adorned the heir apparent to right field in 2013 just yet. He is not even in the top 25 Dodger Prospects for 2012 accordingnto Fox Sports Fantasy Prospect Guide. He has 4 hits in 23 at bats with the Dodgers and has struck out 9 times. In response to "Re: Bigger Deal with King Felix?":
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]
    In all fairness, Jerry Sands lost his prospect status with 198 MLB at-bats in 2011:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/s/sandsje01.shtml

But I too question whether Sands is an everyday MLB outfielder.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CA_Sox. Show CA_Sox's posts

[QUOTE]Jerry Sands is a minor league hitter. He has struggled against major league pitching. Everybody hits in the Pacific Coast League. It is a hitter's league with a lot of small ballparks. He will get eaten alive in the AL East. They didn't even get the top pitching prospect, Zach Lee, from the Dodgers. De la Rosa is coming off Tommy Jon surgery. DeJesus is a younger version of Punto. He is a utility infielder. Webster isn't having a great year in AA. The Red Sox don't have enough top prospects to get King Felix. The Rangers, Braves & Blue Jays all have better farm systems and better prospects to land King Felix. This is not a good deal for the Red Sox. This wouldn't be a good package straight up for Gonzalez and Boston is trading 4 players for this package. You have to get Lee in the deal. Why not try & get Dee Gordon? Yes, the Red Sox save a lot of money in this deal, but this isn't a great free agency class. Greinke is the best free agent pitcher & he isn't coming to Boston because of his anxiety disorder. He wouldn't handle the pressure of playing in Boston. Hamilton is the best position player available and playing in Boston might be too much for him with his personal issues. So do use that cash and overpay the likes of Edwin Jackson & BJ Upton? I'm not sure that would be a wise move either. This trade could set the Red Sox back a few years
    Posted by lordy4[/QUOTE]

Finallly someone who gets it....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyceand. Show joyceand's posts

[QUOTE]Jerry Sands is a minor league hitter. He has struggled against major league pitching. Everybody hits in the Pacific Coast League. It is a hitter's league with a lot of small ballparks. He will get eaten alive in the AL East. They didn't even get the top pitching prospect, Zach Lee, from the Dodgers. De la Rosa is coming off Tommy Jon surgery. DeJesus is a younger version of Punto. He is a utility infielder. Webster isn't having a great year in AA. The Red Sox don't have enough top prospects to get King Felix. The Rangers, Braves & Blue Jays all have better farm systems and better prospects to land King Felix. This is not a good deal for the Red Sox. This wouldn't be a good package straight up for Gonzalez and Boston is trading 4 players for this package. You have to get Lee in the deal. Why not try & get Dee Gordon? Yes, the Red Sox save a lot of money in this deal, but this isn't a great free agency class. Greinke is the best free agent pitcher & he isn't coming to Boston because of his anxiety disorder. He wouldn't handle the pressure of playing in Boston. Hamilton is the best position player available and playing in Boston might be too much for him with his personal issues. So do use that cash and overpay the likes of Edwin Jackson & BJ Upton? I'm not sure that would be a wise move either. This trade could set the Red Sox back a few years
    Posted by lordy4[/QUOTE]
    Good post.  I have no objection to the Sox cleaning house but they should be getting value in return.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

If this deal goes through any prospect we get that helps the organization is a plus. We are talking about unloading Crawford and Beckett here folks!  I love AGon but if that is what it takes than fine by me.

I do worry they will go out and ink up two more high priced players and that one or both of those won't work out. AGon is a consistently healthy and very good ball player.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I think this trade accomplishes 3 things for the club. First and foremost it sends a message that quitting won't be tolerated. That's a message that unfortunately needed to be sent to this club. Second, and this is the main advantage to me, it clears out a boatload of long term contracts. I seriously hope Ben doesn't go ctazy and give out a bunch more long term contracts. If it were me I'd never give more to a FA than 3 years. Third it addresses our lack of starting pitching with a couple of quality arms. I'm still hoping we can get Johnny Cueto over the winter.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CA_Sox. Show CA_Sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bigger Deal with King Felix? : Good post.  I have no objection to the Sox cleaning house but they should be getting value in return.
    Posted by joyceand[/QUOTE]

Exactly... get at least one top player... and Loney is not that....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CA_Sox. Show CA_Sox's posts

[QUOTE]I think this trade accomplishes 3 things for the club. First and foremost it sends a message that quitting won't be tolerated. That's a message that unfortunately needed to be sent to this club. Second, and this is the main advantage to me, it clears out a boatload of long term contracts. I seriously hope Ben doesn't go ctazy and give out a bunch more long term contracts. If it were me I'd never give more to a FA than 3 years. Third it addresses our lack of starting pitching with a couple of quality arms. I'm still hoping we can get Johnny Cueto over the winter.

I hear ya but two quality arms? They havent proven anything yet and who knows if they will.... think back 3 yrs or so ago about the quality arms on the Sox farm that turned out to be nothing in the big leagues...
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]