Bill what say you t baller

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Bill what say you t baller

So Bill what happened?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

Re: Bill what say you t baller

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

So Bill what happened?

It's gotta be Salty's fault.  Right Bill?  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

In response to MustangBri's comment:

So Bill what happened?

If only iggy were there, would have saved 10 runs

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In response to MustangBri's comment:

So Bill what happened?

Maybe Webster should be eating a little more chicken!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Makes Beckett look like an ace.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

The kid maybe could use some more seasoning.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

So Bill what happened?

Well, down 12-6 .....  I guess that my broad shoulders will have to carry the team till tomorrow.........  BTW, you now see the holes that I was talking about !!!   They are there !!!

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

In response to slomag's comment:

The kid maybe could use some more seasoning.

On his chicken?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

That game last night was just a mess........  Webster looked like he was still pitching in High School..... What are they doing in 3-A with these pitchers ???   BTW, Doubront is going down hill fast, why ???

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

That game last night was just a mess........  Webster looked like he was still pitching in High School..... What are they doing in 3-A with these pitchers ???   BTW, Doubront is going down hill fast, why ???

Webster was just awful and Doubront wasn't much better either.  What a disappointing night to be a Red Sox fan.  At least the Bruins won. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Nothing wrong with being high on Webster because he has overall shown a lot of promise.  Doubront showed a lot of promise last year, but showed up out of shape this year and lost the zip in his fastball, plus his control has always been suspect. 

Not sure what Bill means about holes in the lineup--the Sox are around 3d in the AL in runs scored and got 8 last night. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

Nothing wrong with being high on Webster because he has overall shown a lot of promise.  Doubront showed a lot of promise last year, but showed up out of shape this year and lost the zip in his fastball, plus his control has always been suspect. 

Not sure what Bill means about holes in the lineup--the Sox are around 3d in the AL in runs scored and got 8 last night. 

The line-up is much more balanced than recent years and the numbers show that... so far.

Runs scored (by percent of games):

2013  '12  '11

0-1       15     16   14

2-3       24     33   18

4            6     10   19

5            6       8   15

6-7       32    16     9

8+        18    17    25

median  5      4     4

0-3      39    49    32

4-5      12    18    34

6+        50   33    34

Batting order OPS

2013  '12    '11

1)  .703  .673  .903

2)  .713  .709  .827

3)  .792  .814  .916

4)  .972  .827  .861

5)  .831  .733  .885

6)  .810  .840  .695

7)  .860  .651  .778

8)  .778  .700  .629

9)  .709  .612  .757

We currently have no slots below .709. Last year we had 3 slots at .700 or below. In 2011, we had 2 slots below .696 and we clearly very top heavy.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Nope.

I was looking forward to watching Webster pitch, last night.

Hopefully, it's just a temporary case of nerves.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

So Bill what happened?

As Tom Bradys beautiful wife would say ..........    "My BILL-806 can't go out and PITCH, HIT, & CATCH for them"  !!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

Location you bozo.

88 MPH Fastballs

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

So Bill what happened?

As Tom Bradys beautiful wife would say ..........    "My BILL-806 can't go out and PITCH, HIT, & CATCH for them"  !!!!

Bill........ I said to you a while ago that I ALWAYS give credit when credit is due.....that was actually pretty funny. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

Nope.

Only 5 games above AA, hes still not MLB ready yet. He should be by next year. This is why you dont rush kids to the show. His mistakes dont get launched 450ft in the minors. Had bad location last night and just needs to get more consistent. No worries. He'll be back.

Now Doubront I would be worried about...88MPH FB?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

Nope.

Only 5 games above AA, hes still not MLB ready yet. He should be by next year. This is why you dont rush kids to the show. His mistakes dont get launched 450ft in the minors. Had bad location last night and just needs to get more consistent. No worries. He'll be back.

I was hoping his limited sucess in Pawtuckett would translate to a decent outing, if nothing else.

I agree. He's not ready.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Without the walks, it would have been 3 runs instead of 7.  For a kid that walked 6 all year in Pawtucket, I think it's fair to blame nerves for some of this.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Webster has good stuff.   Lacks command.  This is the major leagues.  Without command, you will not succeed.  Also , the reports of him throwing a fastball in the high 90s seems to have been exaggerated.  Maybe it was nerves , but his dismal performance last night was a major letdown.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Webster has good stuff.   Lacks command.  This is the major leagues.  Without command, you will not succeed.  Also , the reports of him throwing a fastball in the high 90s seems to have been exaggerated.  Maybe it was nerves , but his dismal performance last night was a major letdown.

He's not usually wild - averages about a walk per start, including the game against KC.  He hit 97 a couple of times as well.