Bllion Dollar Payroll Injury Excuse thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Bllion Dollar Payroll Injury Excuse thread

Please post all injury excuses on this thread. Thank you.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Re: Bllion Dollar Payroll Injury Excuse thread

Billion dollar team, I thought this years salaries were around 160 million. To take it to a billion you would be taking about 6.5 years of salaries. There are only 9 guys signed for 2013 and beyond. 1 thru 2018, 1 thru 2017, 2 thru 2014.
    Your constant BS about the billion dollar team is BS.
    Even if you go back a year or two you can not get close to a billion.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I'll start:

Mike Lowell's injury was one posters excuse for rescinding his ST position that Papi should be platooned at DH.

Coco's injury was the reason Jake had better numbers.

Coco's injury was was the reason his defense declined from his great season here.

Lugo's injury was the reason his defense was horrible after 2007.

Lugo's injuries were the reasons his offense never met expectations.

Papi's injuries were the reason he slumped & declined vs LHPs for 3 straight years.

Schilling's injury was the reason he missed his last season here, but still collected $8M he signed for while knowing he was hurt.

Are these examples of what this thread-starter had in mind?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

all teams have injuries... thus any injury you suffer cannot be used as an excuse.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

In Response to Re: Bllion Dollar Payroll Injury Excuse thread:
    [QUOTE]all teams have injuries... thus any injury you suffer cannot be used as an excuse.
    Posted by EnchiladaT[/QUOTE]

It all depends on who, how many, and for how long. And it isn't so much an excuse as it is a reason.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bllion Dollar Payroll Injury Excuse thread : It all depends on who, how many, and for how long. And it isn't so much an excuse as it is a reason.
    Posted by devildavid[/QUOTE]

Small-minded people won't understand this.  Some of them believe in voodoo.  Most variance for teams overall can be traced to specific actions, usually health and lack of it.

2004 and 2007 didn't pop up out of thin air.  We missed almost no starts from our rotation.  You'd swear you were talking about the theory of relativity when you explain that less injuries equals more wins and more injuries equal less wins.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Who cares. If a player is injured on your team it is likely the other team has a player on the DL... why don't you with the LARGER mind break-down every win we had last year and see if the opposing team had anyone who was on the DL or hurting. Have fun.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

all teams have injuries... thus any injury you suffer cannot be used as an excuse

Amongst the drivel, we have a winner!

250 million a year is a quarter of a billion dollar payroll. The Red Sox, under the post gorilla captaincy of InEpstein, spent about a half a billion dollars for labor costs with no playoff victories in three seasons. Thus, the "billion dollar payroll". Every season, this board will use various player injuries as an excuse for team performance.

This thread is like a virtual crying towel of excuses, for various team injuries.

As lifelong North Carolina basketball follower, I disdain excuse makers on massive budgets.

I expect Red Sox labor to produce at a high level, regardless of injuries to various members of labor.

The purpose of this thead is to serve as a virtual crying towel log of injury excuses. Thank you.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]all teams have injuries... thus any injury you suffer cannot be used as an excuse Amongst the drivel, we have a winner! 250 million a year is a quarter of a billion dollar payroll. The Red Sox, under the post gorilla captaincy of InEpstein, spent about a half a billion dollars for labor costs with no playoff victories in three seasons. Thus, the "billion dollar payroll". Every season, this board will use various player injuries as an excuse for team performance. This thread is like a virtual crying towel of excuses, for various team injuries.   As lifelong North Carolina basketball follower, I disdain excuse makers on massive budgets. I expect Red Sox labor to produce at a high level, regardless of injuries to various members of labor. The purpose of this thead is to serve as a virtual crying towel log of injury excuses. Thank you.
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr[/QUOTE]
    What season did the Sox more the 180 million?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

From time to time, as Board stooge Moonshwemp does with thread self-bumping, I will bump this thread with various team performance excuses I will cut and paste to this thread. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Nominated:

Pretty much what Cafardo or someone like him said.  The Sox 6th in the AL behind Yankees, Rangers, Angels, Tigers, and Rays.  To be honest, I think that is fair given that the Sox bullpen currently strikes terror into the hearts of the RSN

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

I love what you've done with the walls in here.  That's beautiful padding!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Yes, it must look comfortable from inside the room of those padded walls. I'm on the outside.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]all teams have injuries... thus any injury you suffer cannot be used as an excuse Amongst the drivel, we have a winner! 250 million a year is a quarter of a billion dollar payroll. The Red Sox, under the post gorilla captaincy of InEpstein, spent about a half a billion dollars for labor costs with no playoff victories in three seasons. Thus, the "billion dollar payroll". Every season, this board will use various player injuries as an excuse for team performance. This thread is like a virtual crying towel of excuses, for various team injuries.   As lifelong North Carolina basketball follower, I disdain excuse makers on massive budgets. I expect Red Sox labor to produce at a high level, regardless of injuries to various members of labor. The purpose of this thead is to serve as a virtual crying towel log of injury excuses. Thank you.
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr[/QUOTE]

Huh?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Verlander is one of the best

Beckett's thumb

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxNation4Ever. Show RedSoxNation4Ever's posts

The musician Hank Williams Jr. should sue the poster Hank Williams Jr for injuring the reputation of the singer.  The postings aren't even subtle, balanced, or informed.  The postings are numerous.  The procedure appears to involve making an outlandish statement, then attack the response of people when they attempt to provide logic to lunacy.  I can hardly wait to see his enlightened response to this. 
      Being a Red Sox Fan, I will make no more responses to anything written by this poster under this current name the poster employs. 
       Go Sox, just go away HWjr poster.
    ps -this is the last glimpse I shall ever take of one of his posts!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Bobby Valentine is now into excuses and moral victories:

"We lost our closer"

"We were down 4-0 in the first inning and took them to 11 innings"

These are loser excuses

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

The Sox are now 3-12 in their last 15 regular season baseball games, I sense a trend.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from HankukSox. Show HankukSox's posts

Crack....pot....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Theo had a spasm in his right hand and couldn't stop writing bad contracts !

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

My dog ate my homework.........................................

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Not enough pitchers.  Buchh and Doubront cant be trusted, which handcuffs us regarding taking Bard out of the rotation.  But Aceves and Melancon cant get a single batter out, and now our pen has blew three games (counting yesterday's travesty twice).

We need to make a trade.  I believe that we should bring in a solid #3 starter (at worst).  Let's give a kid a shot at closing.  Teams often get lucky with this.  With a kid, noone knows what to expect.  Hitters are guessing.  And when he's a closer , its not like they see him 3x a game, so that adds to the problem.

Also, many kids have a dominant "out" pitch, but are still harnessing their supplementary offerings.  These kids make great closing candidates (e.g. Neftali Feliz)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]Not enough pitchers.  Buchh and Doubront cant be trusted, which handcuffs us regarding taking Bard out of the rotation.  But Aceves and Melancon cant get a single batter out, and now our pen has blew three games (counting yesterday's travesty twice). We need to make a trade.  I believe that we should bring in a solid #3 starter (at worst).  Let's give a kid a shot at closing.  Teams often get lucky with this.  With a kid, noone knows what to expect.  Hitters are guessing.  And when he's a closer , its not like they see him 3x a game, so that adds to the problem. Also, many kids have a dominant "out" pitch, but are still harnessing their supplementary offerings.  These kids make great closing candidates (e.g. Neftali Feliz)
    Posted by Drewski5[/QUOTE]

Plenty of pitchers Drewski, just not plenty of pitching. I agree that a trade must be made and sooner rather than later. The injury to Bailey threw a wrench in it, but I'm not so sure it would have made a difference had he been healthy. He did not impress me in ST and right now, Morales may be the best de facto closer we have. Heck, I'd even take a 40 year old Timlin at this point!

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I'd give Matt Barnes a shot at closing.  He's 6'4 with a 95 MPH heater that he throws to both sides of the plate.  All you need to close is a fastball.

I'd give Dubront a shot.  Having a lefty enter the game in the ninth after a hitter has been seeing righties all day may cause problems.  I also dont trust his curveball, making him a two pitch pitcher.

We need Bard in the rotation, so he's not an option for me.

I'd give Alex Wilson a shot.  He's got a two-seamer in progress, and if you're locating a 90 mph 2-seamer, you dont need anything else.  He's also got a slider.

I'd give Renaudo a shot (when he's healthy).