BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER!!! HOLY SMOKES!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER!!! HOLY SMOKES!!!!

In Response to Re: BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER!!! HOLY SMOKES!!!!:
    [QUOTE]Dude, if this deal goes through it will be better than Sex for me!!!!!!!!!! Talk about freeing up $$$$$$ and getting rid of our 2 biggest problems..... We could easily be a force again in 2013!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

I wouldnt count on either, AndrewTongue out

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lstboss. Show lstboss's posts

[QUOTE]Dude, if this deal goes through it will be better than Sex for me!!!!!!!!!! Talk about freeing up $$$$$$ and getting rid of our 2 biggest problems..... We could easily be a force again in 2013!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think 2013 is just a rebuilding year. we will have to restructure the  pitching staff, and get all the kids some time under their belts.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I am all for salary dumps.  But if they let Gonzalez go without getting great return, that would be by the far the worst move of the Cherrington/Lucchino era.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosbruins2011cup. Show bosbruins2011cup's posts

I don't care what the Red Sox would get back this is addition by subtraction. Agon is a soft excusing makeing baby I have no use for players like him on this team. This team needs a serious makeover for it to ever be at the level anyone of us want I think it has to be torn to the ground and start from scratch. I would be so happy to get rid of Agon Beckett Crawford and who care about Punto?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER!!! HOLY SMOKES!!!! : exactly!  it would be disappointing to see AGon go, but his contract is big and the chance to get rid of CC's contract and Beckett...basically I see the trad being the Sox giving the Dodgers Agon for taking Beckett and CC.  I am happy with that. let 2013 be the real bridge year, I could live with a rough patch next year if it's part of a legit rebuild.  
    Posted by jarretfromportsmouth[/QUOTE]

It won't help unless Cherries and LL go too. They created this mess; they will create another one.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lstboss. Show lstboss's posts

[QUOTE]I am all for salary dumps.  But if they let Gonzalez go without getting great return, that would be by the far the worst move of the Cherrington/Lucchino era.  
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

Gonzo is the only true feature of the trade, would you talk to the sox about the other 2 outright ? me either, they need some sugar to make this cake tasty

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Ah, someone who gets it!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

From Passan at Yahoo:

"A more interesting twist is Los Angeles' seemingly never-ending payroll spike under new ownership. Considering the recent contracts for star first basemen – Joey Votto's $250 million deal, Albert Pujols' $240 million pact and Prince Fielder's $214 million contract – Gonzalez's $127 million salary over the next six years isn't excessive for Los Angeles. Moreover, in lieu of giving up prospects, the Dodgers could propose to take on another of Boston's bloated salaries – the sort of sweetener no other team can afford"

I mentioned before; no WAY the Dodgers both take Beckett and/or Crawford with Gonzalez AND give up prospects. One or the other. They are not going to give up prospects for the right to take on Beckett and/or Crawford.

Don't compare it to Mike Lowell. I think he was owed 7mil for one more year that FL didn't want to pay, not 31 for 2, or numbers I don't want to think about with Crawford.

Boston could send Gonzalez, Beckett AND money and get a good prospect.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]I am all for salary dumps.  But if they let Gonzalez go without getting great return, that would be by the far the worst move of the Cherrington/Lucchino era.  
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

True, they would get a good player in Gonzo, but they would also have to assume two very bad contracts. Amazing that this is what it takes to UNDO the harm Epstein did to the franchise.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Michael Silverman@MikeSilvermanBB

source: Five players to . Medicals being reviewed. Beckett, Crawford still need to approve

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER!!! HOLY SMOKES!!!! : It won't help unless Cherries and LL go too. They created this mess; they will create another one.
    Posted by pumpsie-green[/QUOTE]

IDK about BC pumpsie. he needs another year, without constraints. LL, definitely. LL was on WEEI yesterday,wouldn't comment on his contract extension but said he's not going anywhere.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Pete Abraham@PeteAbe

First pitch in roughly 40 minutes. If Gonzalez is scratched, we'll know something is going on

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER!!! HOLY SMOKES!!!! : IDK about BC pumpsie. he needs another year, without constraints. LL, definitely. LL was on WEEI yesterday,wouldn't comment on his contract extension but said he's not going anywhere.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Cherries hasn't really done anything at all. My concern is that he was trained by the guy who screwed up this franchise to the point that this is necessary.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

I will miss Gonzalez, what a professional and great player. He is the only reason this trade gets done, we sacrifice loosing him to also dump a bunch of money. All we get is hopes and dreams that the Dodgers prospects can live up to their potential one day. Wish we had Rizzo right now.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER!!! HOLY SMOKES!!!! : I wouldnt count on either, Andrew
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]
     LOL

I knew I was opening myself up when I wrote that.  You can do better than that no?  Alright, it's PG only!

RE:  AG - he hates it hear.  He's analogous to the kids today who don't think they should be graded or tested - just go out and have fun and never be accountable for anything......

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

ESPNBoston.com:

-- The Dodgers and Red Sox are closing in on a deal that would send Adrian GonzalezJosh BeckettCarl Crawford and Nick Punto to Los Angeles, though a few hurdles remain before it's official, multiple baseball sources said Friday.

Pitcher Rubby De La Rosa will be headed back to Boston as the centerpiece of the deal, sources say. De La Rosa made his first major league appearance of the season Wednesday, having had Tommy John surgery about 13 months ago. Also included are first baseman James Loney and prospects Ivan De Jesus (infielder) and Jerry Sands (outfielder), according to sources, plus another top prospect that is still unknown.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER BLOCKBUSTER!!! HOLY SMOKES!!!! : Cherries hasn't really done anything at all. My concern is that he was trained by the guy who screwed up this franchise to the point that this is necessary.
    Posted by pumpsie-green[/QUOTE]

Theo lost his way. got caught up after the WC and tried to do things the yankees way. Sign the biggest  FA, every off season. He got away from draft and  development of the farm system. That's what BC has more experience in and what the Red Sox need to get back to, IMO.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosbruins2011cup. Show bosbruins2011cup's posts

[QUOTE]ESPNBoston.com:  -- The  Dodgers  and  Red Sox  are closing in on a deal that would send  Adrian Gonzalez ,  Josh Beckett ,  Carl Crawford  and  Nick Punto  to Los Angeles, though a few hurdles remain before it's official, multiple baseball sources said Friday. Pitcher  Rubby De La Rosa  will be headed back to Boston as the centerpiece of the deal, sources say. De La Rosa made his first major league appearance of the season Wednesday, having had Tommy John surgery about 13 months ago. Also included are first baseman  James Loney  and prospects  Ivan De Jesus  (infielder) and  Jerry Sands  (outfielder), according to sources, plus another top prospect that is still unknown.
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]

Hope this happens so bad!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eddymon. Show Eddymon's posts

Think about the money freed up for next year and also add Dice K will be gone too.

I have visions of many Josh Hamilton homers next season in Boston.
    Plus if the Red Sox do get Andre Ethier back from LA he will be a free agent and perhaps he will find out he likes it in Boston.   
    Sign Ellsbury to an extension and resign Ross.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

If this goes through...

Let this be a lesson. Few players should EVER get 15+million per season, you'd better be darn sure when coughing up that kind of money. Going 1.5 out of 4 is not ok. Not even close. Getting ONE player wrong like that can sink a team, nevermind 2.5 (Crawford, Lackey, 1/2Beckett).

**Ortiz having only made 15 in one season, I didn't include him, he was worth it though.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Think more 2015.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Nick Cafardo
    @nickcafardo

Looks like red sox are about to blow it up.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosbruins2011cup. Show bosbruins2011cup's posts

[QUOTE]Nick Cafardo ‏ @ nickcafardo Looks like red sox are about to blow it up.               
    Posted by summerof67[/QUOTE]

kill the trade or agree to it?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

This does mean the Sox are probably 2 years from being a serious team again. March 2011 seems so long ago.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

All I can say right now is...

W O W !!!

... Ok, 1 more thing to say...

Please, please. please find away to include CC!