BLOCKBUSTER DEAL - BLUE JAYS INSTANT FAVORITES TO WIN THE DIVISION!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Softlawes. Show Softlawes's posts

Re: BLOCKBUSTER DEAL - BLUE JAYS INSTANT FAVORITES TO WIN THE DIVISION!

The Marlins went big on big Labor, and it failed. It will also fail for Jays. These busm are 2nd rate players, as there are few first rate players and they aren't being thrown in dumpsters.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

The Jays will probably not like reyes and burhle in a couple years and JJ is a FA after 2013, but with the big dogs in the ALE both having issues now was the time to strike. That, and their fan base was non exoistant and this should put some more bodies in that stadium for a couple more years.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Jays will probably not like reyes and burhle in a couple years and JJ is a FA after 2013, but with the big dogs in the ALE both having issues now was the time to strike. That, and their fan base was non exoistant and this should put some more bodies in that stadium for a couple more years.

[/QUOTE]

Southpaw , I think that Reyes is a terrific ballplayer , but maybe not a good fit in Toronto. Would you agree ,  however , that Toronto has now  surpassed us in talent ?  Where are we headed from here ? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Southpaw , I think that Reyes is a terrific ballplayer , but maybe not a good fit in Toronto. Would you agree ,  however , that Toronto has now  surpassed us in talent ?  Where are we headed from here ? 

[/QUOTE]

I agree that reyes is a solid ballplayer when healthy. Not worth 22M per, but good nontheless. Toronto gave up a lot to do this, regardless of what some may think.

The Sox have plenty of talent IMO. As far as comparing the 2, I will say Toronto has certainly made a case for themselves. I think the Sox were smart for not giving up WMB and Bogaerts, who were a couple names the marlins wanted, for 1 year of oft injured JJ and 16M for an aging Burhle along with reyes and his injury history for 22M per.

Where are they headed? I dont think at this point any of us truly know. I imagine that we will start to find out what their true plan is as February approaches.

I still want them to take some chances and spend $$, but just be smarter about it this time around.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree that reyes is a solid ballplayer when healthy. Not worth 22M per, but good nontheless. Toronto gave up a lot to do this, regardless of what some may think.

The Sox have plenty of talent IMO. As far as comparing the 2, I will say Toronto has certainly made a case for themselves. I think the Sox were smart for not giving up WMB and Bogaerts, who were a couple names the marlins wanted, for 1 year of oft injured JJ and 16M for an aging Burhle along with reyes and his injury history for 22M per.

Where are they headed? I dont think at this point any of us truly know. I imagine that we will start to find out what their true plan is as February approaches.

I still want them to take some chances and spend $$, but just be smarter about it this time around.

[/QUOTE]

That is it for me tonight.  I enjoyed the back and forth with you.  You have some good , common sense ideas , and express them well.  I think we both want to see the Sox back on top.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That is it for me tonight.  I enjoyed the back and forth with you.  You have some good , common sense ideas , and express them well.  I think we both want to see the Sox back on top.  

[/QUOTE]

Thanks Denny. I enjoyed it as well. Have a good night.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to Alibiike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Don't you love how the Ben defenders rise to the occasion? Makes sense though. These are likely the same people who voted for Elizabeth Warren!

[/QUOTE]It's been documented that with age comes negativity.

You must be one old fool.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

In response to TV-Guy's comment:

Bump

Why Pike?

Though I sit squarely in the Spare-Me-Pike camp, I think this is a good bump.  An interesting conversation to get going again at this juncture.  Baseball is not won or lost in November.  Then again, April is just one month.  In any case, an interesting bump, no?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus's comment:

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

In response to TV-Guy's comment:

Bump

Why Pike?

Though I sit squarely in the Spare-Me-Pike camp, I think this is a good bump.  An interesting conversation to get going again at this juncture.  Baseball is not won or lost in November.  Then again, April is just one month.  In any case, an interesting bump, no?

The "BLOCKBUSTER" is the most exciting move in Baseball  !!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Getting Manny was a blockbuster deal that worked.  Short term, so did getting Beckett, who brought Lowell with him and together they helped win the 2007 WS.  I thought AGon was a good deal, but now am not so sure, and I always had doubts about Carl Crawford. Forget the Jays--right now I think the biggest buyers regrets are in LA--the Dodgers and the Angels.  Meanwhile, the Cardinals, who lost the great Pujols, are once again leading the NC Central, and the Sox, who lost Beckett, AGon, and Crawford, are tied for the AL East.  The Yankees made two blockbuster deals to first acquire and then keep ARod, and they have to have some regrets. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

Seems like a couple of years ago,the Red Sox were favored to win the Division,ALCS and World Series after getting Gonzalez and Carl Crawford.

I think we all know how that worked out.

Unfortunately, it did not work out for the Red Sox.  But the Red Sox are fortunate to dump those contracts to the Dodgers.

Before the 1991 season when San Diego traded Joe Carter and Roberto Alomar to Toronto, we all know how that one worked out. 

If Toronto stays healthy, I see them winning around 88 to 90 games.

Ice Cream, you are a very stupid man.   LOL

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

Getting Manny was a blockbuster deal that worked.  Short term, so did getting Beckett, who brought Lowell with him and together they helped win the 2007 WS.  I thought AGon was a good deal, but now am not so sure, and I always had doubts about Carl Crawford. Forget the Jays--right now I think the biggest buyers regrets are in LA--the Dodgers and the Angels.  Meanwhile, the Cardinals, who lost the great Pujols, are once again leading the NC Central, and the Sox, who lost Beckett, AGon, and Crawford, are tied for the AL East.  The Yankees made two blockbuster deals to first acquire and then keep ARod, and they have to have some regrets. 

I wish the Red Sox had kept Adrian Beltre when they had the chance.  He is still a very productive player and would still be a great help to the Red Sox this season. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I guess I was right to have a reason to be skeptical about that deal. Too much $$ for questionable talent and giving up quality prospects.

JJ- on DL

Reyes- on DL

Burlhe - getting lit up

Dickey- getting lit up

Melkey- FA signing for too much $$

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

Can we call the Jays the best team ever yet?

Clearly we can now.

17. This post has been removed.