BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT

In Response to Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT : The Angels and Rays are #1 and 2 in pitching in the AL. If they get in (and that would be wonderful, since the Yankees will also not be in) then either team could give Philly a run for their money. Much more so than us. We are #8 in pitching, much too poor a pitching team to make a run.
    Posted by pumpsie-green[/QUOTE]
    #8 in the AL.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beat-Boston. Show Beat-Boston's posts

Not a Sox fan.

Not a NY fan.

For what it's worth,

Why didn't your GM resign Victor M and Beltre?

Trade your prospects for J Upton to play RF instead of Gonsalez to play 1B.

Sign Pujols or Fielder or Gonsalez this offseason.

His biggest mistake was Crawford. $20M per year. No matter what he does next year, it was more money than he was worth.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]I have no respect for : Liars Quitters Contrarians Devil's Advocates Trolls Pretenders Harness is only batting .333 on the above.
    Posted by BeaconHill19[/QUOTE]

Pretenders are wanna-be cops, who have to use several identities.This board is already moderated, as you have recently been reminded.

You are batting zero with BDC and the members of this board.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT : #8 in the AL.
    Posted by Bralon[/QUOTE]

Pitching ratings, like hitting ratings, are very inaccurate as they are reflective of venue and division (level of competition faced) in an unbalanced schedule.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT : Pretenders are wanna-be cops, who have to use several identities. This board is already moderated, as you have recently been reminded. You are batting zero with BDC and the members of this board.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

I have heard from no moderators. Have you?
    Maybe its those voices again....hahahaha

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT : Pitching ratings, like hitting ratings, are very inaccurate as they are reflective of venue and division (level of competition faced) in an unbalanced schedule.

No team in the AL in at least the past decade has won the ALC with an overall ERA ranked less than fourth. Brady knows this, yet he continues to insist that we will somehow be the exception to that rule. That just isn't going to happen. There is a reason for the saying "Pitching and defense wins rings".

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Wow. I didn't even read this thread before saying in another thread that the way pumpsie posts, there's no way he's a doctor. This thread is hilarious. This guy is no doctor of anything.

And I loved Mikey's posts as his alias "Bad-Scene". Tell me that he wasn't using the fact he wasn't identified as a Yankee fan to his advantage in this thread. That's why the Yankee trolls don't like to put that in their profile or avatars. It's easier to boss posters around that way.

Who would listen to them otherwise? Ooops...my bad. lol

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

And now I just clicked on the end of Moon's thread when I saw pumpsie's name there (I don't normally go there because it's the "way over my head thread". lol), but it's so clear to me that pumpsie is not even a Sox fan. He's pulling all your legs.

He even throws in "the welcome Yankee fans here" for absolutely no reason. Not only is he not a doctor, he's not even a Sox fan. I can't believe posters are describing him as someone that they've been arguing with since 2007.

Nice touch with the kids in the pic.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT : I have heard from no moderators. Have you? Maybe its those voices again....hahahaha

Stay here long enough and you will.
    See, you can't delete threads here, and it's more difficult to delete or edit posts as posters earmark posts. Integrity, something completely foreign to you, matters more here...on the board you fled after you were shown up in 2007.

"Ha Ha Ha"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT : No team in the AL in at least the past decade has won the ALC with an overall ERA ranked less than fourth. Brady knows this, yet he continues to insist that we will somehow be the exception to that rule. That just isn't going to happen. There is a reason for the saying "Pitching and defense wins rings".

Of course Pitching and "D" wins rings. The very management you denounce has won two of them. My point is that pitching ratings are heavily skewed because they don't factor in venue and level of comp. faced.

That's why Seattle is often among the "pitching leaders".
    Same with Oakland.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I love how a whiner like pumpsie-green can avoid posting all season and then choose the precise moment the team is in a dive to come in with the standard anti-Theo anti-Francona drivel. These two guys were responsible for the only two championships in our lifetimes, and yet, an "objective" view of them does not consider this fact. You either agree with them or you're drinking KoolAid. Here's some news for you pumpsie - even if the Sox collapse, Theo is not going to be fired, so what you are sadly rooting for isn't going to happen. I'll concede to you that depending on how we end there is a chance Francona will be fired, but Theo won't take the fall for this season. If and when action were taken against either one of them, both their recent performance AND their World Series rings would be taken into account. 

I have some problems with Theo's signings as well but unlike you I'm going to root for my team until the season ends and then dissect the performance. The reason I do this is so that I don't get in a conflicted state where I am rooting for them to lose like you are. 

You say you mostly post on another board. Your explanation for why you came here is jibberish, what we do know is that you would not have come back if the Sox had swept the Rays instead of the other way around. As far as I'm concerned you can't leave here and go back to whatever board is unfortunate enough to have you soon enough. I prefer to discuss baseball with those who don't demean Sox players or managers with insulting grade school bully playground nicknames. Look up nuance in the dictionary and try to acquire some.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]I love how a whiner like pumpsie-green can avoid posting all seasonand then choose the precise moment the team is in a dive to come in with the standard anti-Theo anti-Francona drivel. These two guys were responsible for the only two championships in our lifetimes, and yet, an "objective" view of them does not consider this fact. You either agree with them or you're drinking KoolAid. Here's some news for you pumpsie - even if the Sox collapse, Theo is not going to be fired, so what you are sadly rooting for isn't going to happen. I'll concede to you that depending on how we end there is a chance Francona will be fired, but Theo won't take the fall for this season. If and when action were taken against either one of them, both their recent performance AND their World Series rings would be taken into account.  I have some problems with Theo's signings as well but unlike you I'm going to root for my team until the season ends and then dissect the performance. The reason I do this is so that I don't get in a conflicted state where I am rooting for them to lose like you are.  You say you mostly post on another board. Your explanation for why you came here is jibberish, what we do know is that you would not have come back if the Sox had swept the Rays instead of the other way around. As far as I'm concerned you can't leave here and go back to whatever board is unfortunate enough to have you soon enough. I prefer to discuss baseball with those who don't demean Sox players or managers with insulting grade school bully playground nicknames. Look up nuance in the dictionary and try to acquire some.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

Oh, he avoided this board for more than this one season. He avoided it ever since he was laughed off it in 2007. Now he returns thinking posters have forgotten or won't be informed of his yellow spine.

He's in for a rude awakening.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

"I have some problems with Theo's signings as well but unlike you I'm going to root for my team until the season ends and then dissect the performance. The reason I do this is so that I don't get in a conflicted state where I am rooting for them to lose like you are." BTS

You have some problems? No! You had ZERO proplems with the signings at the time didn't you? Sorry but some of us had the wisdom and brains to recognize a bad signing at the moment it happened.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]"I have some problems with Theo's signings as well but unlike you I'm going to root for my team until the season ends and then dissect the performance. The reason I do this is so that I don't get in a conflicted state where I am rooting for them to lose like you are." BTS You have some problems? No! You had ZERO proplems with the signings at the time didn't you? Sorry but some of us had the wisdom and brains to recognize a bad signing at the moment it happened.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Like Lackey?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT : Like Lackey?
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]

I never wanted Lackey... I never liked him since after his teams loss to the Sox in the play-offs he claimed "the better team didn't win," and this is the exact garbage he still chants - blaming others.

Never wanted Crawford for that money, or really at all. AGon I salivated over... so should he somehow fail i won't change my opinion with the benefit of hindsight.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from scarhill2000. Show scarhill2000's posts

Been a Red Sox fan since the 50s and Teddy Ballgame.  While I cannot put my finger on the exact reason, perhaps overpaid Lackey and Crawford, this is one of the most unlikeable Red Sox teams I can remember.  I hope they win, as I always do, but I really miss The Idiots!  Now that was a team full of fun and energetic players who wanted to win.  The 2011 team does not seem to have many such players.  Did I mention Lackey and Crawford, whose poor attitude seems to have affected everything about this year's team.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I should have added I did not want Adam Dunn (ever)... how many here were chomping at the bit to land him the past two years... I did not want Jermaine Dye and look what happened to him....

I did want Schilling, I did want a number of other players we never signed and a number that we did (and not all of them worked out at all).

I was pumped we got Mike Lowell even though he was being labeled a "throw in"....

I never could stand Bellhorn, or O'leary and both were out of ball long before there time.... 

Hey this is fun just rambling and blabbering.... now I know how harness feels.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I doubt it. Babbling is UR forte.
    Bellhorn was key in the PO's.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from -the-yazzer-. Show -the-yazzer-'s posts

[QUOTE]Been a Red Sox fan since the 50s and Teddy Ballgame.  While I cannot put my finger on the exact reason, perhaps overpaid Lackey and Crawford, this is one of the most unlikeable Red Sox teams I can remember.  I hope they win, as I always do, but I really miss The Idiots!  Now that was a team full of fun and energetic players who wanted to win.  The 2011 team does not seem to have many such players.  Did I mention Lackey and Crawford, whose poor attitude seems to have affected everything about this year's team.
    Posted by scarhill2000[/QUOTE]

well stated post and i agree. this is a boring team; even when they were winning. CRAWFORD makes DREW seem like a happy man.
    the pitching on this club is pathetic; lester's won-lost is deceiving; he's been far from an ace this year. BECKETT may give the sox 6 innings; and , now , with BARD imploding, the SOX bullpen is one of the worst ever assembled.

i have only one answer for all of this:fire theo!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenapplesplatters. Show greenapplesplatters's posts

In Response to BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT:
    [QUOTE]Consider this: if we manage to back into the WC slot, we will be swept in three games, most likely. But if we complete the CHOKE JOB and the Rays, the more deserving team, get into the playoffs, then there is a decent chance that we can finally get a competent GM and manager. This would NOT happen if we make the playoffs. If this team completes the MONUMENTAL CHOKE JOB that is already well underway, we can start rebuilding. Maybe in 3 years or 4 we can again have a competitive club. Enjoy the football season fans; the baseball season ended today.

This would be the absolute best thing for the team, Pumpsie. Dumb and Dumber have turned this team into a bunch of lazy, unfocused, undisciplined sissies. This team has no heart, no balls, and it has quit on its fans. And this just isn't an aberration this year, either. Since Big Daddy Prune Face handed Boy Blunder the keys solo we have seen a steady downhill trend in quality. 

Blunder is a joke when it comes to evaluating talent in FA--an absolute amateur. He has literally pissed away over $300M on FA busts, not to mention leaving the team hamstrung for the future right now with his ridiculous deals to LACKING and Crapford. And he is also the brainchild behind that semar campaign last year that is not, unfortunately, going to cost us Jacoby Ellsbury after 2012. 

This team needs a full fledged enema, and it has to start with Inepstink. After that the necessary dominoes will fall accordingly. With a new GM our incompetent buffoon of a manager would not last 15min, and the same can be said for the bungling medical staff and the worthless strength and conditioning staff. 

Wholesale changes are the only thing that will start to turn this franchise back around. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to BLOWING THE WILD CARD IS IMPORTANT : This would be the absolute best thing for the team, Pumpsie. Dumb and Dumber have turned this team into a bunch of lazy, unfocused, undisciplined sissies. This team has no heart, no balls, and it has quit on its fans. And this just isn't an aberration this year, either. Since Big Daddy Prune Face handed Boy Blunder the keys solo we have seen a steady downhill trend in quality.  Blunder is a joke when it comes to evaluating talent in FA--an absolute amateur. He has literally pissed away over $300M on FA busts, not to mention leaving the team hamstrung for the future right now with his ridiculous deals to LACKING and Crapford. And he is also the brainchild behind that semar campaign last year that is not, unfortunately, going to cost us Jacoby Ellsbury after 2012.  This team needs a full fledged enema, and it has to start with Inepstink. After that the necessary dominoes will fall accordingly. With a new GM our incompetent buffoon of a manager would not last 15min, and the same can be said for the bungling medical staff and the worthless strength and conditioning staff.  Wholesale changes are the only thing that will start to turn this franchise back around. 
    Posted by greenapplesplatters[/QUOTE]

UR second post in 5 years. Gee. You've been missed.  Undecided

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

5:42 am in Seattle. Pulling an all-nighter ? When do you sleep?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]I doubt it. Babbling is UR forte. Bellhorn was key in the PO's.

Bellhorn was key for one post season and a terrible player long-term. Like Shea Hillbrand, Troy Oleary, and many before him he simply was not a good player to keep around.

Don't forget how giddy most were to ink Bellhorn in as the starting 2b for years to come aftert he 2004 WSC. Not I.... we got what we could out of him and the best thing to do was kick Bellhorn out the door that very winter. Instead he was brought back and Tito stuck him near the top of the order.. only to find out he was not gonna cut-it long-term. Thus he was moved out finally.

Saying the same thing about Lowrie now... he might come through in a moment but to consider him a starter (full-time) is just wrong.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

How was your sauteed cocker-spaniel for dinner tonight over there in Cambodia?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

it went really good with stir-fried cricketts, and roasted rat.