Bobby Jenks arrested for DUI- update-Jenks:"I took too many muscle relaxers"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

Re: Bobby Jenks arrested for DUI- update-Jenks:"I took too many muscle relaxers"

In Response to Re: Bobby Jenks arrested for DUI- update-Jenks:"I took too many muscle relaxers":
    [QUOTE]My point was that Jenks was arrested for DUI and you commented that he hated the Yankees. What was the relevance. A simple question.
    Posted by lowelll[/QUOTE]

You rarely answer questions directed at you, you shouldn't expect someone to answer one of yours.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NHBALLFAN. Show NHBALLFAN's posts

Re: Bobby Jenks arrested for DUI- update-Jenks:"I took too many muscle relaxers"

In Response to Bobby Jenks arrested for DUI- update-Jenks:"I took too many muscle relaxers":
    [QUOTE]WEEI: Red Sox reliever Bobby Jenks was arrested Friday morning in Lee County, Florida and charged with five counts, including DUI. Jenks was also charged with three counts of property damage and also leaving the scene of the accident. Jenks was held in jail for several hours before posting bail. Jenks, currently on the 60-day disabled list, struggled through an injury-riddled first season in Boston, posting a 6.32 ERA in 19 games. The scheduled trial date for all five counts is April 9, 2012. Update! Bobby Jenks arrested and charged with DUI and four other counts on Friday morning, including leaving the scene of the accident, told Lee County, Florida police he was driving erratically at the time of his arrest because "I took too many muscle relaxers." According to the arrest sheet for the 31-year-old Jenks, Deputy Marsha Sutphin stopped a white Mercedes Benz SUV near the intersection of Cleveland Ave. and Colonial Blvd. in Fort Myers at 2:35 AM Friday. The driver of the car was identified as Jenks, who was asked by the officers if he knew why he was pulled over. "Probably because I was all over the road back there," said Jenks. And when Deputy Sutphin asked Jenks why he was driving all over the road, Jenks told the officer that he "took too many muscle relaxers." The officer reported that Jenks was shaking uncontrollably and had a difficult time speaking while being questioned. When Deputy Sutphin asked Jenks if he had taken anything else other than the muscle relaxers, he told the officer that he "was going to be honest with you, I was just leaving Babes because I hit a car. I just had to get out of there." Babe's is a night club in Fort Myers. A bouncer at the club told officers that a Mercedes Benz SUV drove into the parking lot and struck a parked truck around 11:45 PM. The bouncer -- who told the officers the driver of the SUV was wearing the same clothes as Jenks at the time of his arrest and had large amounts of tattoos on his left arm, just as Jenks does -- told officers he tried to get Jenks out of the car, offering to call him a cab. Jenks, according to the bouncer, drove into another car before driving off. After telling Deputy Sutphin that he left the club after hitting a car, Jenks was then asked if he would submit to a field sobriety test. Jenks -- who, according to the report, had dilated pupils, very slurred speech and glassy eyes, agreed to take the test by told officers that he would fail it. Jenks was unable to pass the test and was arrested for DUI.
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]
     Too many muscle relaxers? He didn't mention too many Pabst Blue Ribbons that he washed them down with.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

I want Jenk's contract to be voided and have the Sox use that extra money for better purposes. It is a Red Sox problem.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beijingcb. Show Beijingcb's posts

My  firsts entry here and two comments

1. Can not imagine that any organization in sports or othwerwise have no way to release a person who violates company/club standards or the law.

2. Hope that I can get a say here now and then without being bashed for no good reason. It seems to happen all the time to posters in this forum. It is a game we all love and we should let other people enjoy it the way they want and if being negative and trashing others shows that, so be it, but it should be unnecessary.

Fell in love with the Sox back in '91 at a game they lost 5-0 to Twins.

Hope 2012 works out

All the best from Beijingcb

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

In Response to Re: Bobby Jenks arrested for DUI- update-Jenks:"I took too many muscle relaxers":
    [QUOTE]My  firsts entry here and two comments 1. Can not imagine that any organization in sports or othwerwise have no way to release a person who violates company/club standards or the law. 2. Hope that I can get a say here now and then without being bashed for no good reason. It seems to happen all the time to posters in this forum. It is a game we all love and we should let other people enjoy it the way they want and if being negative and trashing others shows that, so be it, but it should be unnecessary. Fell in love with the Sox back in '91 at a game they lost 5-0 to Twins. Hope 2012 works out All the best from Beijingcb

Great post but exactly what did you mean about "being negative"? This forum has had hundreds of regular posters who are always negative towards their team. They are not negative sporadically but are negative all of the time. Is that acceptable to you? Some of them are concern trolls and others just enjoy stirring the pot because they are lonely and enjoy the entertainment and response. This is exactly why this forum is dying. The Globe really doesn't care.
    Posted by Beijingcb[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beijingcb. Show Beijingcb's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby Jenks arrested for DUI- update-Jenks:"I took too many muscle relaxers" :
    Posted by lowelll[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beijingcb. Show Beijingcb's posts

Just find so much to enjoy around the Red Sox that I fail to understand why so many seem to be so angry at a lot of other posters here. I thnk even Theo can see that signing BJ was a ltlle bit of a mistake, by why almost hate him for it. He may have had a bad day like we all do now and then

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Time for the sox to cut their losses with this headcase & move on.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Re: Bobby Jenks arrested for DUI

In Response to Re: Bobby Jenks arrested for DUI:
    [QUOTE]Poor guy felt so bad about not being able to help the team that he turned to drink. Our hearts should go out to him. He is a fine young man , no matter what Ozzie may say.  One of our best acquisitions. Well worth every penny. I hope he gets help. He is our future closer.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

I hope this is sarcasm !

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OhEFFU. Show OhEFFU's posts

"Drink light beer. Eat chicken. Buy video games. The sawx need help limiting their supply."

Hey that's funny.  By which I mean, it's not funny, or clever in the slightest, you donkey.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

8 mill last season for being fat and worthless. Hey idiot drop a twenty spot for a cab.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

To be fair to Jenks, he apparently just swerved to avoid hitting some fat blob who had just fallen off a trampoline...

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

[QUOTE]To be fair to Jenks, he apparently just swerved to avoid hitting some fat blob who had just fallen off a trampoline...
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]

Now thats funny!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Good excuse.  I think I'll use it as an alibi to cover all of my transgressions.  In the court of law it'll be called the muscle relaxer defense.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bucky-dent. Show bucky-dent's posts

What's the sense of being one if you can't act like one.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In Response to Re: Bobby Jenks arrested for DUI:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby Jenks arrested for DUI : I hope this is sarcasm !
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE]
    Rest assured of that.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Guaranteed contracts are an absolute crime.  In the NFL you can cut a player whenever you want, even the night before the Super Bowl.  In MLB, Jenks can be absolutely useless for two years, rack up a few felonies and still collect every penny of his 12 million dollars.  It is absolutely pathetic.

I would fully support the owners if they were to ever lock the players out, with the end goal being the death of guaranteed contracts.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

reportedly, Jenks blood alcohol level was 0.00, lending credence to his statement it was due to muscle relaxers. apparently was texting when he hit the other vehicle. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]reportedly, Jenks blood alcohol level was 0.00, lending credence to his statement it was due to muscle relaxers. apparently was texting when he hit the other vehicle. 
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Texting Popeye's for a takeout.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby Jenks arrested for DUI- update-Jenks:"I took too many muscle relaxers" : Texting Popeye's for a takeout.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]

or one of the strippersTongue Out

25. This post has been removed.