Bobby V to Schilling: 'Don't make stuff up'

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Re: Bobby V to Schilling: 'Don't make stuff up'

"it's for fans all over".  Hey Bobby V., don't make stuff up.

The only reason Bobby V. is doing ESPN Radio in NY is for Bobby V. 

He's lost the clubhouse and the season hasn't even started.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

In Response to Bobby V to Schilling: 'Don't make stuff up':
    [QUOTE]by Kirk Minihane/WEEI: Bobby Valentine made his first of what will be a weekly appearance on The Big Show on Wednesday. Valentine was first asked about his decision to also appear in a weekly spot on ESPN Radio in New York and if he thought it was a potential distraction in the clubhouse. "I hope not, it's for fans all over," Valentine said. "We have fans in New York, obviously, that don't hear this show unless they have the internet. What do you think I should be worried about?" With Andrew Bailey possibly out for four months with upcoming thumb surgery, Valentine announced earlier Wednesday that Alfredo Aceves will start the season as the club's closer. Valentine was asked how he arrived at the decision to have Aceves handle the ninth-inning duties. "By taking consensus of the coaching staff and talking to some of the players," Valentine said. "This is a guy who can go out there and has what it takes to get the last out. We have Mark Melancon who has already done that also, he'll be in that mix, but starting off I think Alfredo, if anyone, has the credentials." Valentine said he has "no doubt" that Josh Beckett will make his start on Saturday at Detroit. "I think he can go as long as needs to go or as long as he tells us he capable of going," said Valentine regarding Beckett on Saturday. There has been no shortage of critics of Valentine this spring, particularly national media members who have suggested that Valentine might not be the right fit for this team. Valentine laughed when asked if any player has expressed concern about his managing style over the last month. "Are you serious? No," Valentine said. "Spring training is not a clubhouse situation, you aren't dealing with 25 guys who are all sensitive to every little thing that goes on because in spring training every player is going about his own business. It's a very individual situation. I think everyone is jumping the gun there." One of the more vocal critics has been Curt Schilling, who has said that Valentine is "not the right fit" for the Red Sox and told WEEI last week that things are "going bad" for the club this spring under the new manager. Valentine was asked for his thoughts on Schilling's comments. "I never saw them, I heard about them and I basically think it's irrelevant," Valentine said. "Because it's something about something he's knows nothing about, obviously. He never played for me, he's never been in uniform for me and he hasn't been in the clubhouse during the spring. … Don't make stuff up." As for Schilling's motivation, Valentine pointed to the former Sox pitcher's relationship with former Sox manager Terry Francona. "I know that he was Tito's main guy," Valentine said. "And maybe it goes back to them in that position and maybe he wants to make sure that things don't go well. Who knows?"
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that schilling has a few friends in that clubhouse, so he doesn't have to be "in the clubhouse".

Once again, bubby v, the gift that keeps on giving.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In Response to Re: Bobby V to Schilling: 'Don't make stuff up':
    [QUOTE]"it's for fans all over".  Hey Bobby V., don't make stuff up. The only reason Bobby V. is doing ESPN Radio in NY is for Bobby V.  He's lost the clubhouse and the season hasn't even started.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

Has a manager ever been fired before the first game? Bobby V should be the first. If he wants to showcase himself then let him go to the WWF...Hope the players shove it up his AZZ.Will a ball signed by Schilling fit ????

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Don & Dirty Water are helpless....their binky Francona was shown the door and no one wants him on their team coaching....truth hurts - but that's not Valentine's fault - he didnt tell Tito to literally coach like he was in a coma in the last part of 2011....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]Don & Dirty Water are helpless....their binky Francona was shown the door and no one wants him on their team coaching....truth hurts - but that's not Valentine's fault - he didnt tell Tito to literally coach like he was in a coma in the last part of 2011....
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you could use a ball signed by Schilling. Follow the instructions that Bobby V has.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Hey Geo,

I guess we're getting ready to see how much better Bobby V is.  The Sox won 90 games last year (oddly, the same number of regular season wins as the team that won the WS) and led the league in runs scored.  Anything less would suggest that Bobby V isn't as good a coach as Tito.

Oh by the way, Big Papi didn't hit his weight in ST.  And Youk barely hit his.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

...at least chicken little was just frightened. There was neither any demeaning of characters nor blustery talk when he was frightened about the future. He was just frigthened and polite.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Isn't Schilling almost making it personal?  Reporting is one thing but to keep talking about it is not professional.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from eab2011. Show eab2011's posts

Valentine-Lucchino should just shut up .... continue micro-managing the team trying to prove he's the smartest person in any room he's in and prepare to lose the clubhouse before the All Star game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Schilling makes everything sound personal.  Remember when he made comments about steroids?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

[QUOTE]Valentine-Lucchino should just shut up .... continue micro-managing the team trying to prove he's the smartest person in any room he's in and prepare to lose the clubhouse before the All Star game.
    Posted by eab2011[/QUOTE]

Two (2) posts in a year's time - so, do people listen when you speak?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

OK, that was pretty funny.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Why is it a big deal that Bobby V is doing the Michael Kay show on ESPN NY? They happen to be buddies. As far as I know, Nobody complained when Tito did Francesa on WFAN.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]Why is it a big deal that Bobby V is doing the Michael Kay show on ESPN NY? They happen to be buddies. As far as I know, Nobody complained when Tito did Francesa on WFAN.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]Tito was on WFAN? Oh the horror.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby V to Schilling: 'Don't make stuff up' : Tito was on WFAN? Oh the horror.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

Thankfully the players are busy being professional ballplayers and Bobby Valentine is busy being a manager for the 2012 team. I can only hope that loud-mouths like DirtyWaterLover, TBINFL, donrd4 and georom4 become so consumed by their angst that they leave the forum...lol...

I have already dismissed them as irrelevant to the season.
    Posts from DirtyWaterLover are hidden

Posts from TBINFL are hidden
    Posts from donrd4 are hidden
    Posts from georom4 are hidden

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

I suspect that people who are talking about Valentine "losing the clubhouse" have never been in a clubhouse. And they have no idea how facilities are used during ST. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]I suspect that people who are talking about Valentine "losing the clubhouse" have never been in a clubhouse. And they have no idea how facilities are used during ST. 
    Posted by expitch[/QUOTE]

exactly! these guys are talking like theres a mutiny on hands already. no player on the team has said anything bad about valentine, if it was as bad as they make it out to be wouldn't SOMEONE have said they don't like him. unless you know something we dont know...  do you guys chit chat with the players on a daily basis? if so tell ellsbury i said im his biggest fan.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks. Show RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks's posts

As a listener to the Michael Kay show (mostly because of Don Lagreca) I know that Francona called in like every other week last season and Valentine called in almost once a week last season. Also screw you guys who have the luxury of being in Boston. I'm stuck in NJ and this spot is 10 mins a week I dont have to hear about the Terrible mets or hated Yankees. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks. Show RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks's posts

Also its funny listenng to yankee callers and emails after the spot.....you would think Michael Kay went into the locker room and killed Jeter and Rivera. Hilarious  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks. Show RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks's posts

I think "Much ado about nothing" should be this boards slogan.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

Beckett backed up Valentine......... Next subject!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Bobby V to Schilling: 'Don't make stuff up'": [QUOTE]"it's for fans all over".  Hey Bobby V., don't make stuff up. The only reason Bobby V. is doing ESPN Radio in NY is for Bobby V.  He's lost the clubhouse and the season hasn't even started. Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE] Sleep off the liquor next time before you post.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

I have always liked listening to Schill... but this does seem a bit too much. I'd like him to shut-up now.