Bobby Valentine does it "My Way"

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

Re: Bobby Valentine does it "My Way"

m

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Bobby Valentine does it "My Way":
    [QUOTE]And now, the end is near; And so I face the final inning. My friend, I'll say it clear, I'll state my case, of which I'm certain. I've lived a baseball life that's full. I've traveled each and ev'ry ballpark; But more, much more than this, I did it my way. Regrets, I've had a few; But then again, too few to mention. I did what I had to do And saw it through without exemption. I planned each game of course; Each careful inning along the byway, But more, much more than this, I did it my way. Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew When I bit off more than I could chew. But through it all, when there was doubt, I ate it up and spit it out. I faced it all and I stood tall; And did it my way. I've danced I've laughed and cried. I've had my fill; my share of losing. And now, as tears subside, I find it all so amusing. To think I did all that; And may I say - not in a shy way, "No, oh no not me, I did it my way". For what is a manager, what has he got? If not himself, then he has naught. To say the things he truly feels; And not the words of one who kneels. The record shows I took the blows - And did it my way!
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]Great post IDIO.......  With tears in my eyes, don't go Bobby, e hardly knew ye !!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In Response to Bobby Valentine does it "My Way":
    [QUOTE]And now, the end is near; And so I face the final inning. My friend, I'll say it clear, I'll state my case, of which I'm certain. I've lived a baseball life that's full. I've traveled each and ev'ry ballpark; But more, much more than this, I did it my way. Regrets, I've had a few; But then again, too few to mention. I did what I had to do And saw it through without exemption. I planned each game of course; Each careful inning along the byway, But more, much more than this, I did it my way. Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew When I bit off more than I could chew. But through it all, when there was doubt, I ate it up and spit it out. I faced it all and I stood tall; And did it my way. I've danced I've laughed and cried. I've had my fill; my share of losing. And now, as tears subside, I find it all so amusing. To think I did all that; And may I say - not in a shy way, "No, oh no not me, I did it my way". For what is a manager, what has he got? If not himself, then he has naught. To say the things he truly feels; And not the words of one who kneels. The record shows I took the blows - And did it my way!
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]

Love it !!! Thanks for all the memories Tito ...What a great run.Red Sox nation will never forget you and all you did to bring our team to be the best in the world.We will miss you, but never forget you did it your way !

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

Re: Bobby Valentine does it

m

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In Response to Re: Bobby Valentine does it "My Way":
    [QUOTE]In Response to Bobby Valentine does it "My Way" : Love it !!! Thanks for all the memories Tito ...What a great run.Red Sox nation will never forget you and all you did to bring our team to be the best in the world.We will miss you, but never forget you did it your way !
    Posted by donrd4[/QUOTE]

good god, my stomach is churning just thinking about the bootlicking going on in this post...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby Valentine does it "My Way" : good god, my stomach is churning just thinking about the bootlicking going on in this post...
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]
    kind of like your bootlicking with bobby, geo?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

cmon lloyd, im just happy we have a manager that doesnt let people drink on the job! is that so wrong?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]cmon lloyd, im just happy we have a manager that doesnt let people drink on the job! is that so wrong?
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]
    No, but if people want to appreciate the guy who was in charge during the best period this franchise has had since Babe Ruth, there's nothing wrong with that, either.
    Time to give the bashing a rest.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bobby Valentine does it "My Way" : No, but if people want to appreciate the guy who was in charge during the best period this franchise has had since Babe Ruth, there's nothing wrong with that, either. Time to give the bashing a rest.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

Tito was on board for our 04 and 07 championships and deserves some credit for it.  With that said Grady Little who came close in 03 may have done just as well with the few more upgrades we made to our 04 and 7 teams.  In other words, the talent was there and time was right for the Sox to win.  How much of our success came from Tito's leadership is the real question?

Lets give Bobby the same chance even though he may have the personality and ego to get run out of Boston much quicker.