bobby v's first bad move

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from udontnojack. Show udontnojack's posts

bobby v's first bad move

left doubrount in to long.should have been taken out after pena hit

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: bobby v's first bad move

Kinda easy to say that after the fact.
    I'd have brought Doubront out for the sixth ... had Youkilis played that grounder better and Ross made that play in right, he'd have been out of the inning down 4-1.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

Udontknowjack is an old troll from several years ago. Put him onto ignore.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

6k42lt913c is a current troll and self appointed forum police. just ignore him

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

The distinction which is extremely important is that I am a Red Sox fan. I point out the generic trolls, Yankee trolls, closet trolls, chronic pessimists- cynics- skeptics-doom and gloomers- contrarians - devil's advocates, and nitwits. It would be worth your valuable time to listen to what I have to say. Bookmark it or write it down for future reference. You will not regret it or be sorry since it will save you countless hours of wasted time and effort. A word to the wise should be sufficient.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In Response to Re: bobby v's first bad move:
    [QUOTE]In Response to bobby v's first bad move : and we begin....lol...let me guess...you would not have let Ralph Branca face Bobby Thomson either...
    Posted by thepeskypole6[/QUOTE]

It will not take long before all of the back seat drivers on Boston.com to come out and second guess every other move Valentine makes just like they did to Francona. I wouldn't be surprised to see BV run out of town on a rail just like Terry Francona was. And some wonder why he didn't want to come back for Fenway's 100th anniversary. Who can blame Terry. 

Hetchinspete. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]The distinction which is extremely important is that I am a Red Sox fan. I point out the generic trolls, Yankee trolls, closet trolls, chronic pessimists- cynics- skeptics-doom and gloomers- contrarians - devil's advocates, and nitwits. It would be worth your valuable time to listen to what I have to say. Bookmark it or write it down for future reference. You will not regret it or be sorry since it will save you countless hours of wasted time and effort. A word to the wise should be sufficient.
    Posted by 6k42lt913c[/QUOTE]

how many people actually listen to you? heed your own advice and save YOURSELF valuable time and effort

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" how many people actually listen to you? heed your own advice and save YOURSELF valuable time and effort"

LOL - the dude is terrified of free and open discourse. Can't even hold onto a screen name here and lectures others on how to enjoy the free and open forum. 

On the topic at hand, I don't blame Bobby V yet really for losses or wins, I want to see more games play out and get a better sense of his impact. I thought he left Aceves in too long opening night but you could easily argue that Francona would have done the same thing, so....

For now, this team looks like it could be really bad or really good. But with Aceves playing well and the starting pitching going decent and good offense, could be a playoff team after all....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

The only thing Bobby didn't do today that I wanted him to was plunk Luke Scott.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" The distinction which is extremely important is that I am a Red Sox fan"

Not sure I agree there. A fan from another team can make a solid contribution to this forum, and several have. Admittedly most of the fans of other teams in this forum are trollish by nature, that's what draws them here, but not all. 

Also, a Red Sox fan can be trollish as well, such as when georom gets on anti-Francona or anti-Beckett rants or when softy reduced people like Wake to dehumanizing nicknames. Doesn't mean they aren't Red Sox fans. Red Sox fans can be obnoxious just like anyone else. Also, being negative or discouraged sometimes does not disqualify one from being a Red Sox fan. You seem to impose there is one way to be a fan and then anyone who is not behaving that way has a hidden agenda or is a Yank fan in disguise. Welcome to the jungle brutha. 

That said I will get you on ignore now on your latest screen name....sorry it's hard to keep up. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]Kinda easy to say that after the fact. I'd have brought Doubront out for the sixth ... had Youkilis played that grounder better and Ross made that play in right, he'd have been out of the inning down 4-1.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

If Tito was still managing, there would have been a half a dozen threads started ripping him for keeping in Doubront too long.

I probably would have brought Doubront out for the sixth too.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

It was a good move for one very important reason--he needs to know if Felix can go 6 or 7. You can't figure that out until you let them stretch out pitchcount and innings. Bobby V did fine, including going to Padilla in a tight spot. I also like that he went back and forth with Salty and Shoppach. Nothing wrong with alternating starts, keeps them both fresh.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

Bobby V. is an active manager, so you will all have many opportunities to approve and disapprove of his decisions. Many hate Valentine simply because his last name is not Francona. They blame him somehow for Terry being gone, as crazy as that is. I think Bobby is a very solid manager and am glad we have him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]It was a good move for one very important reason--he needs to know if Felix can go 6 or 7. You can't figure that out until you let them stretch out pitchcount and innings. Bobby V did fine, including going to Padilla in a tight spot. I also like that he went back and forth with Salty and Shoppach. Nothing wrong with alternating starts, keeps them both fresh.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

The problem with critics of managers is that a case can be made for opposite decisions. When they work, the manager looks like a genius and when they don't, he looks inept.

Like I posted, I probably would have brought him out in the sixth just to see how he reponded.

On the other hand, a case could be made that he was already over 90 pitches, struggled the last inning, and there was a good chance he wasn't going to finish the sixth. So it might have been better to bring in a reliever to start the inning clean. Had Bobby V. done that and brought in Padilla, he might have used one less reliever.

Like I said, I really didn't have a problem with what Bobby V. did. But there's always pros and cons for all moves and nonmoves.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

His pitch count was well below 100, it was a good move to try to get him into the 6th inning, trying to stretch hIm out. response to "Re: bobby v's first bad move": [QUOTE]Kinda easy to say that after the fact. I'd have brought Doubront out for the sixth ... had Youkilis played that grounder better and Ross made that play in right, he'd have been out of the inning down 4-1. Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wneal4. Show wneal4's posts

I disagree. Bobby V let him stay against the lefty he was coming out of the game no matter what outcome. In case you have not noticed Bobby V is getting his money worth form the starting five. Last year everybody was complaining that the Sox starting five was on a short leash enjoy the fact that Bobby V is letting the pitchers pitch into the later innings.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I would have stopped at the first post, roy. I think had the forum pulled you out after that, you'd have been fine. The fact is that the forum left you in too long and then you posted something that Magic Johnson once said about a new Lakers season, 'We're the same kind of, and we're different also." It's easy to rip most any move that doesn't work, and laud most any move that does work. Makes it tough to post about managerial moves. So in retrospect, maybe your last post was worth running.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In Daniel Bard's first start, Bobby V brought in Justin Thomas with two on in the sixth, in a 3-1 game that quickly became a 6-1 game.  Even Valentine admitted that was a mistake the next day. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]The distinction which is extremely important is that I am a Red Sox fan. I point out the generic trolls, Yankee trolls, closet trolls, chronic pessimists- cynics- skeptics-doom and gloomers- contrarians - devil's advocates, and nitwits. It would be worth your valuable time to listen to what I have to say. Bookmark it or write it down for future reference. You will not regret it or be sorry since it will save you countless hours of wasted time and effort. A word to the wise should be sufficient.
    Posted by 6k42lt913c[/QUOTE]

Not one of your better trolling posts, but not bad.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]Bobby V. is an active manager, so you will all have many opportunities to approve and disapprove of his decisions. Many hate Valentine simply because his last name is not Francona. They blame him somehow for Terry being gone, as crazy as that is. I think Bobby is a very solid manager and am glad we have him.
    Posted by Teakus[/QUOTE]

You are mentioning Francona as well.  Obviously Francona had to go but in reality any mention of Francona when Bobby's moves are brought up is unwarranted.  It has nothing to do with anything.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Joe madden leftmhisnguy in longer and for more runs, to say nothing of insisting his guy bunt while Atkinson threw nothing in the strike zone but still got a K.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

The problem with critics of managers is that a case can be made for opposite decisions. When they work, the manager looks like a genius and when they don't, he looks inept.

All the stuff that we tried to explain to the Tito-haters they are slowly starting to understand, now the shoe is on the other foot.

1-Most of these decisions are marginal.  Even the worst managers rarely, rarely make blatant mistakes.  Today is the type of move that works sometimes, and doesn't work other times.  You have to have a lefty to pitch to Pena, so do you bring in Morales, and then another righy to pitch to Longoria?  With a guy pitching a shutout?

2-His first mistake was probably G1, choosing to pitch to Fielder in the 8th rather than Young.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]Joe madden leftmhisnguy in longer and for more runs, to say nothing of insisting his guy bunt while Atkinson threw nothing in the strike zone but still got a K.
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]He also loaded the bases on intentional walks, including one to Kelly Shoppach of all people. Yet Maddon is a genius, go figure.