Bogaerts or Middlebrooks?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Re: Bogaerts or Middlebrooks?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thats about it. Bogaerts should play, but who sits? Both WMB and Drew are useless offensively. Personally, I think that Middy is more useless because his defense is average; Drew at least is good but not excellent with the glove.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to The4040club's comment:
    [QUOTE]

time to put Middy back in yet?

[/QUOTE]

Why? Xander is doing well. I would put Middlebrooks in and move Xander to short for Game 3. Middlebrooks might do some damage after his benching. Drew just plain is awful, and Xander has played with the confidence of a vetran.

[/QUOTE]

Drew is not awful defensively and while he's not producing at the plate..he's saved a more than a few runs in the post -season. There's no way I would put a rookie player in at SS over an excellent defensive SS. Plenty of other people on the team to carry the offense. That's what team sport means.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

time to put Middy back in yet?

[/QUOTE]

Why? Xander is doing well. I would put Middlebrooks in and move Xander to short for Game 3. Middlebrooks might do some damage after his benching. Drew just plain is awful, and Xander has played with the confidence of a vetran.

[/QUOTE]

Xander is doing well?  You got to be kidding.  He have no hit in WS and there were two balls went between him and Drew, and he still never stop the ball going to the outfield.  I do not think he is capable of getting ground ball on the left side of the field.

Time to put middlebrook back in.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

To be precise, Xander Bogaerts is 0-for-6 with four strikeouts and a .000 on-base percentage in the World Series.

It's a small sample, but so was the small sample of a combined 11 plate appearances in the League Divisional Series and the League Championship Series.

Jacboby Ellsbury, Mike Napoli and Stephen Drew are each hitting .143 in the small sample of two World Series games.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

Time to give WMB a sht in Game 3 with X sitting on the bench, giving Gomes company, both available as pinch hitters.

Red Sox in 2013 World Series, Patriots in 2014 Super Bowl!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to hill55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

To be precise, Xander Bogaerts is 0-for-6 with four strikeouts and a .000 on-base percentage in the World Series.

It's a small sample, but so was the small sample of a combined 11 plate appearances in the League Divisional Series and the League Championship Series.

Jacboby Ellsbury, Mike Napoli and Stephen Drew are each hitting .143 in the small sample of two World Series games.

[/QUOTE]

Remember three straight games in St Louis at the same time there is no DH.  Farrell's mind set is to play good defense and good pitching.  So therefore, Ross should go back to catcher spot who is probably going to hit better than Salty and Middlebrook at 3B who is a better defender as well he probably going to hit better than Bogaerts.  For SS spot, nothing we can do cuz Drew is unbelievable defender for the whole post season.  He saved probably at least 5 to 8 runs for the whole post season.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

ya gotta remember jf knows these guys better, playing in the series brings more than having talent and a quick whit, it also brings nerves. If a player did great and would have made a play in the minors it doesn't mean they'd make that same play in the series. jf knows what he's doing.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Interesting stat, Bogaerts walk rate has gone up at every single level he has played.....and he just turned 21. 

He's not a top prospect because he has 8 power, he's probably more of a 20-25 HR guy (although some think he has the potential to have 30+ in his prime years) He's a top prospect because he's a .300 hitter he's going to get on base above a .400 clip and he plays a premium position and has shown positional versatility.

I normally agree with not putting a rookie in the spotlight, but it's not like he hasn't been playing baseball his whole life, he's a rookie to the big show but he's a veteran in the game of baseball and as I said in my last post not all rookies are created equal.  Bogaerts breaks the mold, he's special, he's a cut above the rest...and I wouldn't be surprised if he has a monster series.

He's one of the most talented hitters on our team, has a rare skill set and most importantly St. Louis probably has less scouting on him that ANYONE. 

[/QUOTE]

not exactly a veteran move to stay glued to  third base as the ball is clearly not on target.  If Boggie starts next game then Middy is either injured or Boggie is JF's long lost son.

[/QUOTE]

DO NOT THINK MIDDY IS HURT.  JUST THINK FARRELL THOUGHT HE LL GET OUT OF THE SLUMP IN GAME 2.  GUESS FARRELL GAMBLED IT ALL WRONG.  NOW HE HAVE A DECISION TO MAKE, START BOGAERTS OR PUT MIDDLEBROOK BACK IN THE LINE UP.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from victoryismine. Show victoryismine's posts

How bout both?