1. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

Bold prediction of the year

Call me crazy but I think that the 14-1 thrashing of the Indians was exactly what the sox needed. Not only will Lester's start give himself confidence but I think it will rub off on everyone else. I'm predicting the sox SWEEP the orioles this series. Beckett is going to go out tonight and compete. Do I think he is gonna duplicate Lester? No but I think he will throw 6 solid innings maybe 3 runs. Tonight will be the toughest game because that Wei yen Chen guy is good. IF the sox sweep the o's they will be right back in the wild card race. I could be wrong but it's just a feeling I have. Lets hope I'm right.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Re: Bold prediction of the year

Definitely bold.  Rotation likely to hold Sox back, and the lineup keeps getting injured.  First CC and Ells, then Youk, then Pedroia, then Ross, and now Ortiz and Middlebrooks, two pretty good bats.  Ortiz had far and away the best OPS (1.028) on the team, and Middlebrooks was over .800 and had matched a feat--most dingers and rbi's in first 73 games or so with the Sox--going back to Ted Williams in 1939. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Not to take the pessimist's pov, but the Sox haven't swept a series since June.  They swept the Marlins.  Prior to that, they swept Seattle in a two game set.

That's it.  And both of those are sucky teams.  Sox will do well to win one in Baltimore.  Maybe even win the series.  But one of those games is going to be a blowout at the hands of Baltimore.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Granite2000. Show Granite2000's posts

He's talking about Josh Beckett, right?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

They need to repay Baltimore for last year.  That is all.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

If they play true to form, they'll go on a little run, maybe go 3 games over .500.  they'll get so gullible fans excited before slinking back under .500.

This year's team never had the talent to be a contender for the WS.  But they certainly have the telent to be better than 500.

If a team under performs, blame the manager.

8. This post has been removed.