BONDS OR CLEMENS: WHO GOES IN FIRST, IF U HAD TO PICK JUST ONE FOR THE HOF?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

BONDS OR CLEMENS: WHO GOES IN FIRST, IF U HAD TO PICK JUST ONE FOR THE HOF?

I KNOW, LIKE ASKING SOME OF YOU IF YOU WOULD RATHER BE BLUDGEONED TO DEATH OR SUFFOCATED. but you must pick one now that htey are both LEGALLY acquitted or at least not found guilty by law. we can do innuendo games al we want but its time to let bygones be just that. I SAY clems fo r he NEVER did it. accident or not, bonds admitted to an unfair advantage! eventually bonds can come but less beef with clem!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from The--Babe--. Show The--Babe--'s posts

Re: BONDS OR CLEMENS: WHO GOES IN FIRST, IF U HAD TO PICK JUST ONE FOR THE HOF?

Who goes in first implies that both are going in and the second part of your question implies that only one can go in. Which is it?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

I say Bonds because he was unreal even for a steroid user.  Clemens was dominant but was noth far and away the best pitcher as Bonds was the best hitter.

Either way, they compliment each other well as the faces of the steroid era.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from The--Babe--. Show The--Babe--'s posts

In Response to Re: BONDS OR CLEMENS: WHO GOES IN FIRST, IF U HAD TO PICK JUST ONE FOR THE HOF?:
    [QUOTE]I say Bonds because he was unreal even for a steroid user.  Clemens was dominant but was noth far and away the best pitcher as Bonds was the best hitter. Either way, they compliment each other well as the faces of the steroid era.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

Maybe, but I think Roger had a much better relationship with the writers over his career than bonds did.

My guess is neither.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from The--Babe-. Show The--Babe-'s posts

In Response to Re: BONDS OR CLEMENS: WHO GOES IN FIRST, IF U HAD TO PICK JUST ONE FOR THE HOF?:
    [QUOTE]I say Bonds because he was unreal even for a steroid user.  Clemens was dominant but was noth far and away the best pitcher as Bonds was the best hitter. Either way, they compliment each other well as the faces of the steroid era.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

Maybe, but I think roger had a better relationship with the writers over his career than bonds did.

But my guess is neither.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Hoping neither gets in.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxforlife22. Show soxforlife22's posts

I would rather that neither get in, but if i had to pick then i would go with bonds, because he was on his way to 500 home runs and 500 steals before he started taking steroids. I think he would have been in the hall of fame if he never took steroids.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" I SAY clems fo r he NEVER did it"

What you fail to understand is that the burden of proof in court must be extremely high due to jailtime. In the case of Clemens there was quite a bit of powerful evidence against him but he got a mistrial based on a technicality of sorts (the Prosecution screwed up). Since my judgement won't put Clemens in jail, I feel comfortable saying he was juiced. And Bonds was a juicer also. You probably realize that Bonds would have been found guilty also if his trainer had not served a long jail sentence to avoid testifying against him. 

These guys were both 'roiders. Clemens in particular has been a disgrace in how he has handled the issue. (Andy Pettite "misremembered" and other such junk). 

Having said that, I believe they were both hall of fame players before they started juicing, so I'd let them both in but probably with a disclaimer that they were both accused of lying to Grand Juries about steroid use later in their careers but not convicted.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

[QUOTE]"  I SAY clems fo r he NEVER did it" What you fail to understand is that the burden of proof in court must be extremely high due to jailtime. In the case of Clemens there was quite a bit of powerful evidence against him but he got a mistrial based on a technicality of sorts (the Prosecution screwed up). Since my judgement won't put Clemens in jail, I feel comfortable saying he was juiced. And Bonds was a juicer also. You probably realize that Bonds would have been found guilty also if his trainer had not served a long jail sentence to avoid testifying against him.  These guys were both 'roiders. Clemens in particular has been a disgrace in how he has handled the issue. (Andy Pettite "misremembered" and other such junk).  Having said that, I believe they were both hall of fame players before they started juicing, so I'd let them both in but probably with a disclaimer that they were both accused of lying to Grand Juries about steroid use later in their careers but not convicted.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

Interestingly, they both came up at around the same time and it is speculated that they started juicing around roughly the same time.  They were at their "steroid peak" around the same time as well.