boston red sox.a real team.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxyjim. Show soxyjim's posts

boston red sox.a real team.

this team just will not quit.i dont care who they play.this is a joy to watch

after last year.the BOSTON RED SOX IS AMERICAS TEAM.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: boston red sox.a real team.

I can agree 100% that this is a real team.

They play as a unit, no true superstars, no ace pitcher.

Every night a different player comes through.

However, I don't know how the rest of the country feels about the tag "America's team"...I strongly resented when the Atlanta Braves and Dallas Cowboys used that label.

"Advertising is legalized lying."- H.G.Wells

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to soxyjim's comment:

this team just will not quit.i dont care who they play.this is a joy to watch

after last year.the BOSTON RED SOX IS AMERICAS TEAM.

A bunch of good players who love the game, that's old fashioned baseball to me.  Love it!  I hope the sox have learned that a team filled with high priced prima donna's just doesn't work.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

this is not America's team. Let's hold off on the WS predictions, let them make the playoffs first. I still have 2011 still vivid in my mind. A history of collapses. This has been a nice run

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In response to ANONMD08's comment:

this is not America's team. Let's hold off on the WS predictions, let them make the playoffs first. I still have 2011 still vivid in my mind. A history of collapses. This has been a nice run

You don't have to win a World Series to be "America's Team."

The Braves used that moniker when they were the Dale Murphy show back before Maddux and Glavine.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I'm as happy as everyone else, but I think we are going a little overboard here.  These guys lose a lot too, even when they maybe shouldn't, so of course I get mad as heck.  It's all part of being a fan, and I am more comfortable with being allowed to curse occasionally than with endlessly singing their praises even though there is a lot to like. 

So here's an example of griping even after a win.  8th inning, game now tied, and Lackey is hoping to stick around and get a win.  First man up, an out, no problem.  But the second guy is Davis, who last night owned Lackey with a double and a dinger, so Farrell goes out and calls for the lefty Breslow, who has had great success with Davis.  Lackey puts on a show about what a raw deal this is, etc, but final leaves the mound.  Lackey is having a great year despite the won-loss record, but there are times I wonder whether he really is part of the team. 

On the other hand, I loved that cheap win with the weak singles, etc last night driving in at least 3 runs.  Also Ellsbury stealing second and scoring on a single with the hurt foot.  Like the OP says, not a lot of stars, but definitely a bunch of good ballplayers. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

In response to ANONMD08's comment:

You don't have to win a World Series to be "America's Team."

The Braves used that moniker when they were the Dale Murphy show back before Maddux and Glavine.

Back then the Braves games were shown on " Superstation "  TBS.  They were the only team whose games were seen all over the country. That is how they got that " America's Team " thing. It was probably a promotional gimmick  for the station. Ted Turner owned both the team and the station at that time.   Not too many fans outside of Atlanta actually thought of them as " America's Team ."  I think the Red Sox probably have more fans outside of their area than any other team, with the possible exception of the Yankees. The Yankees probably have more fans who actually hate them also.