Bradley not starting against a righty

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Bradley not starting against a righty

So is Bradley now the 4th oufielder? I think if he isnt going to start against righties the time to send him down now so he can keep getting at bats.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Bradley not starting against a righty

They need to get Gomes more AB's. Especially at the start of the season so he can get his timing down. JBJ should be going down soon. I hope they make a move even before papi is back so JBJ can get regular AB's. They are now starting to hurt his development by sitting him this much.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

They need to get Gomes more AB's. Especially at the start of the season so he can get his timing down. JBJ should be going down soon. I hope they make a move even before papi is back so JBJ can get regular AB's. They are now starting to hurt his development by sitting him this much.

I agree.  Was rooting for the kid like crazy but facts are facts...he's not producing and even though it's a long season it will be a tight race and every game counts.  Go with the people who are swinging a better bat.  He needs more at bats and REALLY needs more work on how to hit that inside pitch.  You gotta feel for the kid but we need to be in the business of winning games....not working with rooking on how to hit a curve.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

need to get gomes more at bats? gomes is a plug and even with jbj's struggles i would rather let him start his last few games until ortiz returns, gomes is a 4th outfielder/platoon guy at best. should not be starting. time for the sox to admit they overpayed and deal for a slugging LF. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

None of you guys appear to read extra bases.  If you had, you would know Gomes is 5 for 12 against Cleveland's starter tonight.

Moreover, these days Bradley would have trouble hitting in a slow pitch softball game.  I love watching him play because he is a terrific outfielder, even with the occasional error, but right now MLB pitchers have his number.  Big time. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to redsoxpride34's comment:

need to get gomes more at bats? gomes is a plug and even with jbj's struggles i would rather let him start his last few games until ortiz returns, gomes is a 4th outfielder/platoon guy at best. should not be starting. time for the sox to admit they overpayed and deal for a slugging LF. 

Gomes isn't starting everyday. he IS a platoon guy. that's why he is in a platoon role..... duh!

the only reason he is starting against the righty tonight is because he crushed Ubaldo. he is not an every day guy and won't be unless there is an injury (which there is. that allows both him and his platoon counterpart Nava to both be in the lineup). When Papi comes back soon both he and Nava will be manning LF and you won't see Gomes starting against righties unless it's a situation like today where he has a history against the pitcher.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

They need to get Gomes more AB's. Especially at the start of the season so he can get his timing down. JBJ should be going down soon. I

I agree, 11 games isn't enough time to get the timing down. I'm concerned about S. Drew's timing, too. I'm also concerned about the leadoff spot OBP and big hop defense.

Hey, did you see that great play that S. Drew made? Where a ball was hit right at him and he fell down and the ball bounced off his chest and Pedroia retrieved it and then threw Jennings out? That was a great play for one player.

Speaking of Stephen Drew, he's played 5 games and he needs a day off already?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Moreover, these days Bradley would have trouble hitting in a slow pitch softball game.

In 11 gams, Bradley has 3 hits, one of them a double. He drove a ball near the track with runners on during the home series v Rays.

Now, you would have trouble hitting a slow pitch softball. S. Drew would also have problems hitting a softball during a T-Ball game.

The funny thing is that Drew has the same amount of hits in about 4 games as Bradley all season. The switch over to Drew doesn't address your refusal to acknowledge Bradley's struggles.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Moreover, these days Bradley would have trouble hitting in a slow pitch softball game.

In 11 gams, Bradley has 3 hits, one of them a double. He drove a ball near the track with runners on during the home series v Rays.

Now, you would have trouble hitting a slow pitch softball. S. Drew would also have problems hitting a softball during a T-Ball game.

He has 3 hits and 12 K's and is hitting .097.  He has zero AAA experience and not much AA or A experience.  We can all see his potential, but you alone seem to think he is ready for MLB right now. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

They need to get Gomes more AB's. Especially at the start of the season so he can get his timing down. JBJ should be going down soon. I

I agree, 11 games isn't enough time to get the timing down. I'm concerned about S. Drew's timing, too. I'm also concerned about the leadoff spot OBP and big hop defense.

Hey, did you see that great play that S. Drew made? Where a ball was hit right at him and he fell down and the ball bounced off his chest and Pedroia retrieved it and then threw Jennings out? That was a great play for one player.

Stephen Drew has it written into his contract that he doesn't have to play night games in Ohio during April, so he apparently marched into Farrell's office with a copy of his contract this morning.  There's that and Ciriaco has 2 hits in 3 at bats against Jimenez and some managers actually think it's a good idea to play the utility guys once in a while, you know, to try to keep them sharp.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to jasko2248's comment:

Stephen Drew has it written into his contract that he doesn't have to play night games in Ohio during April, so he apparently marched into Farrell's office with a copy of his contract this morning.  There's that and Ciriaco has 2 hits in 3 at bats against Jimenez and some managers actually think it's a good idea to play the utility guys once in a while, you know, to try to keep them sharp.

Dont make too much sense jasko, softy and adg's heads might explode.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

That whole "driving the ball near the track" thing must have been a thing of wonder to watch.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

You're right, Southpaw...Not sure why I even bothered.  ADG wouldn't read it anyway.  I pretty much only banter back & forth with a couple of Softy's personalities.  Most of the others are unreachable...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

You're right, Southpaw...Not sure why I even bothered.  ADG wouldn't read it anyway.  I pretty much only banter back & forth with a couple of Softy's personalities.  Most of the others are unreachable...

Yeah, his "team" of personalities are very predictable nowadays. Its funny seeing them squirm with JBJ drowning and Drew showing his glove. I know they will talk around it and make light of it, but its still amusing to me.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

You're talking to guys that couldn't care less what the strategy is, if they understand it at all.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

He has 3 hits and 12 K's and is hitting .097.  He has zero AAA experience and not much AA or A experience.  We can all see his potential, but you alone seem to think he is ready for MLB right now. 

It's actually worse than that.  He's 0-20 now, with a 10/2 K/W over that stretch.  I think he's gotten the ball out of the infield 3x in 20 ABs.  I still think he'll be our starting CF next year, but he needs to practice.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

FYI---the Sox are three games into 17 games in 18 days---everybody needs a day off in that  tough schedule. Of course if a player is making more than the Major League Minimum they should be in there for every inning of every game; is that correct Softy???

It's really sad that you guys participate in this forum--you really don't get it.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Thats funny I thought this thread was about Jackie Bradley Junior....is softlaw throwing diversions again because he is incapable of admiting fault????

If you answered YES, then you are correct.