BREAKING: Ryan Dempster will not pitch for #RedSox in 2014

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

Re: BREAKING: Ryan Dempster will not pitch for #RedSox in 2014

In response to craze4sox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

To all those that were his detractors due to his not delivering to expectations last year. There's no need to apologize, but perhaps one might chose to use less defaming terms when expressing thier disappointment. In baseball many of us are conditioned to use terms like "bum" to express our disappointment in a player, manager or umpirer's performance. We boo in full throat with one voice at the park to express our disapointment when the results are less than. Often though, we do so with out all of the facts. Cleary in the case of Ryan Dempster we the fans through no fault of our own were in the dark about his personal life struggles and as such, it does lessen the burden of our collective venom. It doesn't however excuse those that chose to attack his character. On the field he was a bum, off the field he was a leader. 

I was against the signing from day one, even though I am a huge pitching advocate.

Dempster did meet my "expectations", but it appears mine were lower than many here.

I don't think I've ever called any Sox player a bum. Dempster was not a bum- on or off the field. My only beef was the salary paid for the performance received. Now, that issue is resolved.

I wish the very best for Ryan and his family. He's a classy guy that deserves some time off.

[/QUOTE]

I was on board with the same thoughts moon.  I couldn't believe the signing and never thought for a minute it would help us in the win/loss column.  In the clubhouse and off the field Dempster was a class act but he simply didn't have much left in the tank.  When you begin to age and lose a couple of MPH on your fastball you need to learn how to hit spots to have any chance of extending your career.  Throwing balls down the center of the plate that batters are sitting on when your off speed stuff isn't working will get you in trouble almost every time.

[/QUOTE]
    There were two major reasons why the Sox signed Dempster. One reason being that they needed a guy who was going to give them innings at the back of the rotation with the durability of Doubront, Buchholz & Lackey (coming off surgery) all in question.  Dempster gave them 29 starts & actually pitched well when they needed him most (After Clay's injury - mentioned on this thread).  

Reason number two & maybe just as important, they wanted a veteran professional presence in the rotation who was the "anti-Beckett" off the field.  Considering the other veteran options available & the fact that Dempster was part of a Championship team, it's tough to argue that the Sox didn't make the right decision.  Maybe they could've received better on field production from the kids, as some have mentioned,  but at best it would have been shortsighted to bank on the likes of Workman & Webster last winter. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to jasko2248's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

To all those that were his detractors due to his not delivering to expectations last year. There's no need to apologize, but perhaps one might chose to use less defaming terms when expressing thier disappointment. In baseball many of us are conditioned to use terms like "bum" to express our disappointment in a player, manager or umpirer's performance. We boo in full throat with one voice at the park to express our disapointment when the results are less than. Often though, we do so with out all of the facts. Cleary in the case of Ryan Dempster we the fans through no fault of our own were in the dark about his personal life struggles and as such, it does lessen the burden of our collective venom. It doesn't however excuse those that chose to attack his character. On the field he was a bum, off the field he was a leader. 

I was against the signing from day one, even though I am a huge pitching advocate.

Dempster did meet my "expectations", but it appears mine were lower than many here.

I don't think I've ever called any Sox player a bum. Dempster was not a bum- on or off the field. My only beef was the salary paid for the performance received. Now, that issue is resolved.

I wish the very best for Ryan and his family. He's a classy guy that deserves some time off.

[/QUOTE]

I was on board with the same thoughts moon.  I couldn't believe the signing and never thought for a minute it would help us in the win/loss column.  In the clubhouse and off the field Dempster was a class act but he simply didn't have much left in the tank.  When you begin to age and lose a couple of MPH on your fastball you need to learn how to hit spots to have any chance of extending your career.  Throwing balls down the center of the plate that batters are sitting on when your off speed stuff isn't working will get you in trouble almost every time.

[/QUOTE]
    There were two major reasons why the Sox signed Dempster. One reason being that they needed a guy who was going to give them innings at the back of the rotation with the durability of Doubront, Buchholz & Lackey (coming off surgery) all in question.  Dempster gave them 29 starts & actually pitched well when they needed him most (After Clay's injury - mentioned on this thread).  

Reason number two & maybe just as important, they wanted a veteran professional presence in the rotation who was the "anti-Beckett" off the field.  Considering the other veteran options available & the fact that Dempster was part of a Championship team, it's tough to argue that the Sox didn't make the right decision.  Maybe they could've received better on field production from the kids, as some have mentioned,  but at best it would have been shortsighted to bank on the likes of Workman & Webster last winter. 

[/QUOTE]

jasko,

Adding Dempster to stabilize the staff was probably a positive but probably not really necessary with Farrell and Nieves on board to keep everyone focused.  Like I said before considering our situation going into the season the FO was very fortunate.  I would have never expected or added the aging Dempster at 26.5mil for two years to a mix that already included.

... Lackey coming off surgery and previous struggles

... Lester was struggling going into the season 

... Doubront was still very raw and inconsistent

... Clay was a sure bet to go on the DL at some point

It was a huge gamble that only paid off because everyone above improved including Clay before going on the DL again.  Peavy was also a necessary move but possibly cost us our best defensive SS ever who may have finally been maturing offensively.  Time will tell what Bogy does but we probably wouldn't even be talking about Drew today if Clay had stayed healthy or we had a better contribution from a guy like Dempster.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

jasko,

Adding Dempster to stabilize the staff was probably a positive but probably not really necessary with Farrell and Nieves on board to keep everyone focused.  Like I said before considering our situation going into the season the FO was very fortunate.  I would have never expected or added the aging Dempster at 26.5mil for two years to a mix that already included.

It was a huge gamble that only paid off because everyone above improved including Clay before going on the DL again.  Peavy was also a necessary move but possibly cost us our best defensive SS ever who may have finally been maturing offensively.  Time will tell what Bogy does but we probably wouldn't even be talking about Drew today if Clay had stayed healthy or we had a better contribution from a guy like Dempster.

[/QUOTE]

Who would you have added?  They needed to add someone.  Maybe "you" didn't think the Sox needed to add a veteran presence because of Farrell & Nieves, but the Sox Front Office did.  It worked out well.  I don't see how signing Dempster was a "huge gamble," when you consider what was available.  

As far as Iglesias goes, he wasn't part of the long term plan.  They feel they sold high on him, but obviously time will tell.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

It's very easy to underestimate the value of a guy who just takes the ball every fifth day and gives you 30 starts of roughly 4.50 ERA. There is a very foolish poster in another thread which I won't dignify with a response claiming that "Dumpster" was a net negative baseball-wise, which is moronic. How many teams would be absolutely THRILLED to get that kind of production and stability from their #5 starter?

The one potential knock on the signing is the money, and though I didn't like the signing much at the time for that reason, it was hardly the worst contract in MLB...and as even mid-level pitching gets pricier and pricier, Dempster's deal looks less and less excessive, as someone else mentioned.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

jasko,

Who would you have added?  They needed to add someone.  Maybe "you" didn't think the Sox needed to add a veteran presence because of Farrell & Nieves, but the Sox Front Office did.  It worked out well.  I don't see how signing Dempster was a "huge gamble," when you consider what was available.  

As far as Iglesias goes, he wasn't part of the long term plan.  They feel they sold high on him, but obviously time will tell.  

With the state of our staff I would have gambled on Anibal Sanchez for three more years and 4 or 5mil more.  If Dempster had a few more productive outings I doubt we trade Iggy because we would have been in a better position.  Workman probably would have been a viable option but with Demp struggling and Clay on the DL we needed insurance to stay in the race.

The Sox did sell high on Iggy but as far as him not being part of the future that was just a smoke screen for the press because we needed pitching.  Don't forget Iggy was playing two positions like a pro and beginning to hit so I doubt our FO wanted to lose him.  Our FO doesn't even know as of today whether Bogy is the answer at SS, or if Middy will improve. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

jasko,

[/QUOTE]

With the state of our staff I would have gambled on Anibal Sanchez for three more years and 4mil more.  If Dempster had a few more productive outings I doubt we trade Iggy because we would have been in a better position.  Workman probably would have been a viable option but with Demp struggling and Clay on the DL we needed insurance to stay in the race.

The Sox did sell high on Iggy but as far as him not being part of the future that was just a smoke screen for the press because we needed pitching.  Don't forget Iggy was playing two positions like a pro and beginning to hit so I doubt our FO wanted to lose him.  Our FO doesn't even know as of today whether Bogy is the answer at SS, or if Middy will improve. 

[/QUOTE]

You're assuming Anibal Sanchez was an option.  He made it clear that he wanted to stay in Detroit & Detroit wanted him back.  Boston also made it clear they were going to try to avoid 100 plus million dollar contracts for players outside of the organization, at least for the time being.  They weren't going there for a guy like Sanchez, especially when he made it clear Detroit was his preference.  The Ilich family pretty much has unlimited resources, and you are assuming the Sox could have outbid them, which I doubt.  The Sox certainly weren't going to pay huge dollars/long term for a guy that would rather be somewhere else, something they clearly learned with Gonzalez/Crawford deals. 

It's no secret that Ben Cherington refuses to part with prospects he is high on, and Iglesias, for lots of reasons, wasn't highly regarded by many in the organization.  Calling it a "smoke screen" is an opinion without any factual basis.  There are also many people in the Sox organization who have a lot more confidence in Bogaerts' defense than some people on this board.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]

jasko,

With the state of our staff I would have gambled on Anibal Sanchez for three more years and 4mil more.  If Dempster had a few more productive outings I doubt we trade Iggy because we would have been in a better position.  Workman probably would have been a viable option but with Demp struggling and Clay on the DL we needed insurance to stay in the race.

You're assuming Anibal Sanchez was an option.  He made it clear that he wanted to stay in Detroit & Detroit wanted him back.  Boston also made it clear they were going to try to avoid 100 plus million dollar contracts for players outside of the organization, at least for the time being.  They weren't going there for a guy like Sanchez, especially when he made it clear Detroit was his preference.  The Ilich family pretty much has unlimited resources, and you are assuming the Sox could have outbid them, which I doubt.  The Sox certainly weren't going to pay huge dollars/long term for a guy that would rather be somewhere else, something they clearly learned with Gonzalez/Crawford deals. 

It's no secret that Ben Cherington refuses to part with prospects he is high on, and Iglesias, for lots of reasons, wasn't highly regarded by many in the organization.  Calling it a "smoke screen" is an opinion without any factual basis.  There are also many people in the Sox organization who have a lot more confidence in Bogaerts' defense than some people on this board.

[/QUOTE]

First off Anibal is making 80mil for 5 years which is very reasonable for his talent.  Secondly, how many players have stated over the years they would like to return to their present team but never did for one reason or another? 

As far as assumptions you have the right to believe or not believe what you read just like anyone else.  As we stand today these are the facts ...

We know Iggy played insanely good defense at 3B and SS, something Bogy has yet to prove.  We also know the only thing our FO wasn't sure about was Iggy's ability to hit which he began to improve on but just not consistently.  So it would make little sense to trade him unless it was absolutely necessary which it was.  One reason was because Clay was down, another Dempster wasn't holding up his part of the rotation.  Finally, a little more production from Dempsters spot and we would probably have a lot more inexpensive depth in Iggy than thinking about signing Drew for two years.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

jasko,

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

First off Anibal is making 80mil for 5 years which is very reasonable for his talent.  Secondly, how many players have stated over the years they would like to return to their present team but never did for one reason or another? 

As far as assumptions you have the right to believe or not believe what you read just like anyone else.  As we stand today these are the facts ...

We know Iggy played insanely good defense at 3B and SS, something Bogy has yet to prove.  We also know the only thing our FO wasn't sure about was Iggy's ability to hit which he began to improve on but just not consistently.  So it would make little sense to trade him unless it was absolutely necessary which it was.  One reason was because Clay was down, another Dempster wasn't holding up his part of the rotation.  Finally, a little more production from Dempsters spot and we would probably have a lot more inexpensive depth in Iggy than thinking about signing Drew for two years.

[/QUOTE]

Don't believe everything you read.  If the Sox were going to outbid Detroit, which they never would have attempted, then the deal was going to be upwards of 100 plus million.  Again, the Sox weren't going there.  You can believe what you want, but Sanchez was never a realistic option for Boston.  That I do know.  We can agree to disagree.

The reason the Sox were no longer high on Iggy had little to do with his talent level, offensively or defensively, but I'm not going to get into all that.  You are entitled to your opinion, but I can assure you that Ben Cherington & his staff weren't very reluctant to part with Iglesias.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

jasko,

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Don't believe everything you read.  If the Sox were going to outbid Detroit, which they never would have attempted, then the deal was going to be upwards of 100 plus million.  Again, the Sox weren't going there.  You can believe what you want, but Sanchez was never a realistic option for Boston.  That I do know.  We can agree to disagree.

The reason the Sox were no longer high on Iggy had little to do with his talent level, offensively or defensively, but I'm not going to get into all that.  You are entitled to your opinion, but I can assure you that Ben Cherington & his staff weren't very reluctant to part with Iglesias.  

[/QUOTE]

I work for NESN Jasko and hear a lot of rumblings.  What you just stated is completely untrue period.  I won't ask you to prove your statements because you simply can't.

Have a nice day!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

jasko,

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I work for NESN Jasko and hear a lot of rumblings.  What you just stated is completely untrue period.  I won't ask you to prove your statements because you simply can't.

Have a nice day!

[/QUOTE]

You have a nice day as well!  Say hi to Jen if you see her.  I usually get together with her, Joe Mac from ESPN, Ian Browne & a few others for drinks at the Winter Meetings, but couldn't make it work in Orlando this year.  By the way, based on your posts, you're talking to the wrong people at NESN.  I also rarely post anything on here that I'm told in confidence & most stuff is common knowledge.

By the way, if you work at NESN, was Heidi Watney sleeping with one of the guys who went to LA at the time of the Dodgers trade? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Hey guys, we are living in a world that a team pays over $150M to a pitcher who never pitched an inning in the major league.  Comparing Dempster's contract to that and now this, Dempster's contract wasn't that bad.  

It was bad.

The Tanaka contract might be bad or good.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]

Hey guys, we are living in a world that a team pays over $150M to a pitcher who never pitched an inning in the major league.  Comparing Dempster's contract to that and now this, Dempster's contract wasn't that bad.  

It was bad.

[/QUOTE]

If the contract is good, then presumably Tanaka is a stud, in which case he will opt out after 4 years.  which then makes the contract more like a 27 million a year.  In which case I'm sure the Yankees will end up signing him to an extension at some ridiculous price. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

It was bad.

http://www.gammonsdaily.com/peter-gammons-ryan-dempster-at-peace-with-decision/

After reading that article, I came away with the impression that the entire Sox Organization is still regretting the day they signed Ryan Dempster.  Ben probably wishes that he would've moved their spring training facility to Arizona to sign Brandon McCarthy or ignored his own philosophy of not signing players with 5 cent heads & went with Shawn Marcum.  Oh well, I'm sure Dempster won't be the Sox' last "bad signing."

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]

It was bad.

[/QUOTE]

The Red Sox won the World Series last year. As far as I'm concerned, there wasn't a bad contract on the team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Have a nice day!

[/QUOTE]

You have a nice day as well!  Say hi to Jen if you see her.  I usually get together with her, Joe Mac from ESPN, Ian Browne & a few others for drinks at the Winter Meetings, but couldn't make it work in Orlando this year.  By the way, based on your posts, you're talking to the wrong people at NESN.  I also rarely post anything on here that I'm told in confidence & most stuff is common knowledge.

By the way, if you work at NESN, was Heidi Watney sleeping with one of the guys who went to LA at the time of the Dodgers trade? 

[/QUOTE]

So Jasko whats the name of the last bar you, Jen and Joe Mac hung out in at the winter meetings together?  I just happen to have both on my Twitter list so amuse me.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to royf19's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

It was bad.

[/QUOTE]

The Red Sox won the World Series last year. As far as I'm concerned, there wasn't a bad contract on the team.

[/QUOTE]

That's one way of looking at it, but not mine.

Dempster and Hanrahan were both bad deals.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Have a nice day!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So Jasko whats the name of the last bar you, Jen and Joe Mac hung out in at the winter meetings together?  I just happen to have both on my Twitter list so amuse me.

[/QUOTE]

"Fuse" at Grande Ol' Opry in 2012...Joe Mac didn't go to meetings this year in Orlando because he was covering B's.  Tek & Harold Reynolds there as well.  Huge sports bar.  "Jasko" is my old dog's name & I won't give my real name on here, but Jen & Joe will remember the bar.  I have no idea why you would think I would make this stuff up, though.  If you worked with Jen, then you should also know that the last 2 digits of her cell phone are "99."

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to royf19's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

It was bad.

[/QUOTE]

That's one way of looking at it, but not mine.

Dempster and Hanrahan were both bad deals.

[/QUOTE]

maybe / maybe not.

maybe without dempsters loosey-goosey fun times the Sox are tight and don't win it.

maybe without hanrahan we pick up a different option and koji-san never gets his opportunity and we dont win it.

things happened the way they happened and we won the whole shebang.

to me...thats a good deal.

edit added:

also, neither one of those deals have us hamstrung for multiple years.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Have a nice day!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

"Fuse" at Grande Ol' Opry in 2012...Joe Mac didn't go to meetings this year in Orlando because he was covering B's.  Tek & Harold Reynolds there as well.  Huge sports bar.  "Jasko" is my old dog's name & I won't give my real name on here, but Jen & Joe will remember the bar.  I have no idea why you would think I would make this stuff up, though.  If you worked with Jen, then you should also know that the last 2 digits of her cell phone are "99."

[/QUOTE]

You are amusing to say the least Jasko, especially if you are talking about Middy's girl.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Have a nice day!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You are amusing to say the least Jasko, especially if you are talking about Middy's girl.

[/QUOTE]

How am I "amusing?" Jen wasn't dating Middy at the time, I have her number for professional reasons only & never did I insinuate that she is promiscuous in any way.  You asked for proof & I gave it to you.  I now seriously doubt you work at NESN.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I read Ben's now looking to add a veteran SP who would sign as a depth and start the season in the minor.  Jair Jurrjens or Jeff Niemann could be strong candidates.  I personally want to see Ben signing Johan Santana with minor league deal with incentives if he pitches in the major.  

[/QUOTE]

This isn't a terrible idea at all IMO.

I have been too busy to chime in on this so far, but I was very shocked to hear this news.  All winter we had people suggesting that we trade either Peavy or Demps to free up the money they are owed.  People were not expecting much in return in a trade as they would mainly be salary dumps.  Now that Demps took himself out of the season for very noble and honerable reasons... I will commend him and look towards the future.  He is a good guy who didn't try to squeeze every penny out of a team like most others in this world would do... I respect the heck out of him.

Onto the next steps... I think it would be a good idea for the Sox to buy a lottery ticket with Santana since the upside could be huge.  We already have a good amount of depth in the minors for replacement level pitchers... what we don't have is a potential ace down there.  Santana is a potential ace and a player that I could very well see sitting in the minors for the Sox while he tries to regain his form.  Good suggestion.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How am I "amusing?" Jen wasn't dating Middy at the time, I have her number for professional reasons only & never did I insinuate that she is promiscuous in any way.  You asked for proof & I gave it to you.  I now seriously doubt you work at NESN.  

[/QUOTE]

If it's any consolation I believe Jasko was your dogs name and Jen wasn't dating Middy in 2012 :)  I also know the bar you mentioned was an average hotel bar and the primary hang out for everyone was Sams all American Sports grill in Nashville.  Lastly you definately don't know Jen unless she gave you a false cell phone number.

Not sure who you are but I have worked for NESN on and off as an IT Manager for close to 7 years.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Why so angry, Jim...?

Dempster's daughter's condition is very, very sad, and it must weigh on him constantly. However, it's also a situation that has been ongoing for the last few years and has not kept him from signing new contracts, etc. None of the media reports I've read today have mentioned it as the sole cause of him leaving...most have focused on his physical issues and the fact that he just didn't feel he could pitch as effectively as in the past.

So I don't see how it's illegitimate for people to discuss and speculate on Dempster's reasons for leaving now. No one is criticizing or attacking him for it...quite the reverse, if anything, which is as it should be. This seems to be a rare instance where the best interests of the player, his family, and the organization are all aligned, and every Red Sox fan ought to commend him for what he did today.

[/QUOTE]

The issue is people NOT taking him at his word and thinking there are all these other reasons. I take him at his word and show how he does have a real major family issue and people attack me. Yes many others play MLB with kids who have similar issues or worse. Just because he stated it as part of his reason people do not believe it and make up alternative reasons is pure BS on their part. 

He stopped playing because he was not ready to play and wanted to be with is family. Why do so many make up conspiracy theories is beyond me.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If it's any consolation I believe Jasko was your dogs name and Jen wasn't dating Middy in 2012 :)  I also know the bar you mentioned was an average hotel bar and the primary hang out for everyone was Sams all American Sports grill in Nashville.  Lastly you definately don't know Jen unless she gave you a false cell phone number.

Not sure who you are but I have worked for NESN on and off as an IT Manager for close to 7 years.

[/QUOTE]

Okay, now I'm done with you.  You work at the same company as Jen & you can't find anyone with her cell phone #?!  I have her business card, but maybe she makes up false cards to give to people.  Again, the relationship is purely professional.

As far as the bar goes, are you seriously insinuating that all of those people couldn't have gone to Fuse, because it wasn't the most popular?!?!  Are you serious!? I have a few thousand posts on here & I would like you to find one where I come across as some psycho who makes up stories about who he hangs out with.  I don't appreciate being called a liar and I've answered all of your smug little questions, yet you can't check the phone # of someone you supposedly work with.  Carry on, my friend...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Okay, now I'm done with you.  You work at the same company as Jen & you can't find anyone with her cell phone #?!  I have her business card, but maybe she makes up false cards to give to people.  Again, the relationship is purely professional.

As far as the bar goes, are you seriously insinuating that all of those people couldn't have gone to Fuse, because it wasn't the most popular?!?!  Are you serious!? I have a few thousand posts on here & I would like you to find one where I come across as some psycho who makes up stories about who he hangs out with.  I don't appreciate being called a liar and I've answered all of your smug little questions, yet you can't check the phone # of someone you supposedly work with.  Carry on, my friend...

[/QUOTE]

You started the chat by stating you had inside info on why Iggy was really traded after I gave you the two primary reasons but wouldn't elaborate.  Anyone surrounding the Red Sox organization knows this and it's certainly not secret information.  You then said I must be getting my information from the wrong source even though I worked directly with Jen and Hiedi both at times including attending business dinners, parties and corporate training events together.  Then you called "Fuse" a huge Sports bar when in fact its a simple hotel bar at the Gaylord hotel.

I'm not saying you didn't go to this bar, or may have met Jen at some point but thats not her cell number.  As a matter of fact none of our cell phone numbers are listed on our business cards, it's an office answering service # and email address for obvious reasons.

Lets just agree to disagree as you stated earlier because at this point I could care less.