Breslow's take on his outing last night

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Breslow's take on his outing last night

Here's a paragraph and link to read the whole blog from Craig Breslow about his outing last night.It's a rather long and he goes through each pitch and explains what his thinking was.I found it interesting:

http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/2013/10/25/craig-breslows-playoff-blog-simply-put-i-didnt-make-pitches/

As complicated and complex as this game can be at times, it can also be incredibly simple. If you get a chance to make pitches, you have to make them. And on Thursday, in Game 2 of the World Series, I didn’t.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Re: Breslow's take on his outing last night

Absolutely right.  In addition, Lackey had in fact been making pitches before the 7th, when he too stopped making them. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Here's a paragraph and link to read the whole blog from Craig Breslow about his outing last night.It's a rather long and he goes through each pitch and explains what his thinking was.I found it interesting:

http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/2013/10/25/craig-breslows-playoff-blog-simply-put-i-didnt-make-pitches/

As complicated and complex as this game can be at times, it can also be incredibly simple. If you get a chance to make pitches, you have to make them. And on Thursday, in Game 2 of the World Series, I didn’t.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting this.  It's very much worth reading for anyone who's intersted in a player's perspective on what happened after the game. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Thanks for posting.  Doesn't take the sting out, but great to get this indepth of a look at a player's thought process.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

good insiders view

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Kudos to Breslow.  After reading that....what a class act and a solid writer to boot!

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Kudos to Breslow.  After reading that....what a class act and a solid writer to boot!

[/QUOTE]

The guy is one smart dude.

A graduate of Yale. He declined acceptance at NYU Medical School, to play ball.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

It's refreshing to see a player take responsibility for his mistakes.Players can't be perfect all the time and he knows he didn't perform at his best last night and isn't afraid to admit it.It had to be difficult to write a blog like this after a loss for him.

I have faith that he'll perform better the next time he gets an opportunity.

GO RED SOX !!!! 

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In response to nyfan13's comment:

Funny, he sounded just like Buckner.  Nice choke by the way. Bha ha ha

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Please. Breslow has been great for us. No one is perfect. I feel bad that he might feel bad about the game.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In the end, Breslow needed to own it and it appears he has...turn the page go get em today. If each of them had it to do over Gomes would have simply hit the cut instead of throwing home, Salty would have moved his feet to get in front of the ball and Breslow would've simply held the ball Instead of throwing it into left field...All three are guilty of simply trying to hard to make a play. What none us can say with certainly is that had all three done as suggested instead of a single Beltran hits one in a gap or over the monster....the score would still have been 4 to 2 or even 5 to 2. 

Game one St Louis kicked the ball around that led to us having a big inning...Game two we kicked the ball around which led to the Cards having a big inning. So the axiom of the the key to winning in the postseason is good pitching, solid defense and timely hitting. Has proven to be profethic in the first two. 

Thus whomever wins today's game will likely be the team that executes best in all three phases. The team that does it best in 3 of the next 5 will get a trophy with shiny flags on it and we the fans will get a parade and bragging rights for a year...FYI both teams as of this morning are tied in the win column at 105 the first to 108 gets the prize. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Nice article by Breslow.  After all, he did graduate from Yale with a degree in molecular biophysics and biochemistry.  I'm assuming he turned down a job from NASA to play for the Red Sox.   LOL   

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Nice article by Breslow.  After all, he did graduate from Yale with a degree in molecular biophysics and biochemistry.  I'm assuming he turned down a job from NASA to play for the Red Sox.   LOL   

[/QUOTE]

He has something to fall back on if this baseball gig doesn't work out for him. Laughing

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

To expect perfection in a game of failure is simple ridiculous. Yes, maybe he should have held on to the ball. Yes, Salty muffed the double steal. It happens. We saw the top defense in MLB, the Rays, look like a AA team out there. Even St.L looked really bad in game one. Worse than the Sox looked in game 2. Salty and Breslow were vital parts to the Sox being where they are. It s u c k s, but it is what it is.

Time to move on to game 3 and leave game 2 behind.