Bring on the Rays! Predictions?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Re: Bring on the Rays! Predictions?

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

I predict a 12-2 Red Sox victory in game 1.

Nice pick Exam

Wink

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I predict the Sox will use the Rays for batting practice today in preparation for hammering Price tomorrow. :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

In response to moonslav59's comment:

We beat them all year. We will beat them now. Sox will find a way to win , despite the Ray's pitching. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

Yes, we did beat them this year, but not by facing Moore and Price in 80% of the games.

Don't forget the last part: " Despite the Ray's pitching." 

Yes, we beat them despite their pitching, but the pitching we faced in the regular season was not 80% by the lefty starters.

0nly 80% if they change things. As of now, Hellickson is pitching game four.  That would make it 60 % if this goes five.  IF IT GOES FIVE. By the way, Moore looked very impressive today.

Even 60% is way more than we saw them in the regular season, but I don't believe we won't see Moore and Price twice each, especially if TB is down 2-1 going into game 4. (I'd also bet on Archer over Hellickson anyways.)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to tomnev's comment:

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

[QUOTE]

That's right!  It's not me, it's Farrell

I would go with the following against Price:

1)  Vic

2)  Pedey

3)  Ortiz

4)  Nap

5)  Middlebrooks

6) Gomes

7)  Salty

8)  Boggarts

9)  Ellsbury

I agree on the Boegaarts instead of Drew vs Price in Game 2, but Max made a good point that Drew is 2/5 vs Moore and with Moore being a little wild, Drew will be more patient than Bogey.....so Drew Vs Moore, Bogey vs Price.....as for Salty/Ross, Farrell has said he will use Ross in one of the 1st 2 games and Salty is 1/14 vs Price and Ross is 2/5 with 2 hrs.....So Ross vs Price and Salty vs Moore in Game 1.....if however we get into a Game 5 versus Price....I would think Farrell will go with all his normal starters....he is not going to lose a Game with Salty/Drew on the Bench. 

[/QUOTE]

Originally, I wanted Ross to start vs Price, but the way Salty looked today, I think he should stay in the line-up, but bat lower.

I would start Bogey instead of Drew vs Price, but I would not drop Ellsbury down in the line-up. Although a .691 OPS is not great or even good (Jacoby career vs Price), against Price, it is probably better than most other Sox players do against him.

I think I'd go with this:

1) Ellsbury CF

2) Victorino RF

3) Pedroia 2B

4) Ortiz DH

5) Napoli 1B

6) Gomes LF

7) Middlebrooks 3B

8) Saltalamacchia C

9) Bogaerts SS

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Sox players careers vs Price:

Ross  2.000 (2 for 5 with 2 HRs)

Snyder 1.167 (2 for 6 with 1 HR)

Middy   1.077 (5 for 13 with an HR & a 2B)

Napoli    .889 (9 for 30 with 2 Hrs and 2 2Bs)

Pedroia .775 (12 for 51 with an HR & 4 2Bs)

Ellsbury .691 (7 for 34 witn an HR, 3B, & 3 2Bs)

Ortiz .607 (8 for 37 with 3 2Bs)

Gomes .488

Vict .473

Salty .319

Nava .243

Drew .091

On third thought, maybe starting Ross might work.

LOL

Sox4ever

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I picked the Rays to sweep.  Seriously.  This seems to have cursed the Rays, along with moving to a different TV for the bottom of the 4th.  I know nothing, it appears, about MLB.

But I sure did enjoy game 1.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to tomnev's comment:

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

That's right!  It's not me, it's Farrell

I would go with the following against Price:

1)  Vic

2)  Pedey

3)  Ortiz

4)  Nap

5)  Middlebrooks

6) Gomes

7)  Salty

8)  Boggarts

9)  Ellsbury

I agree on the Boegaarts instead of Drew vs Price in Game 2, but Max made a good point that Drew is 2/5 vs Moore and with Moore being a little wild, Drew will be more patient than Bogey.....so Drew Vs Moore, Bogey vs Price.....as for Salty/Ross, Farrell has said he will use Ross in one of the 1st 2 games and Salty is 1/14 vs Price and Ross is 2/5 with 2 hrs.....So Ross vs Price and Salty vs Moore in Game 1.....if however we get into a Game 5 versus Price....I would think Farrell will go with all his normal starters....he is not going to lose a Game with Salty/Drew on the Bench. 

Originally, I wanted Ross to start vs Price, but the way Salty looked today, I think he should stay in the line-up, but bat lower.

I would start Bogey instead of Drew vs Price, but I would not drop Ellsbury down in the line-up. Although a .691 OPS is not great or even good (Jacoby career vs Price), against Price, it is probably better than most other Sox players do against him.

I think I'd go with this:

1) Ellsbury CF

2) Victorino RF

3) Pedroia 2B

4) Ortiz DH

5) Napoli 1B

6) Gomes LF

7) Middlebrooks 3B

8) Saltalamacchia C

9) Bogaerts SS

Ross is an automatic out. While Price can make any batter look foolish, I would rather take my chances with Salty who has at least a chance of making contact with the baseball. I agree with Bogaerts over Drew.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Ross is an automatic out. While Price can make any batter look foolish, I would rather take my chances with Salty who has at least a chance of making contact with the baseball. I agree with Bogaerts over Drew.

Not against lefties.  .804 OPS this year.  Add in the numbers of he and Salty vs. Price and it's pretty much a slam-dunk for Ross.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

[QUOTE]

Not against lefties.  .804 OPS this year.  Add in the numbers of he and Salty vs. Price and it's pretty much a slam-dunk for Ross.

[/QUOTE]

Ross is also 2-5 against Price.

Those two hits being HRS.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Ross got off to a good start this year. Until May 5 his OPS was .943. Since then he has been pretty much irrelevant at the plate. His BA/OPS since then is .200/.529. He should not be playing at all because he has been an automatic out for a long time. Salty is not going to be much better against Price; no one really hits this guy very well on the team. I realize Ross has hit two HRs vs him, but his last HR was May 5 vs Texas. Ross is going to hurt us at the plate if he starts today.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Ross got off to a good start this year. Until May 5 his OPS was .943. Since then he has been pretty much irrelevant at the plate. His BA/OPS since then is .200/.529. He should not be playing at all because he has been an automatic out for a long time. Salty is not going to be much better against Price; no one really hits this guy very well on the team. I realize Ross has hit two HRs vs him, but his last HR was May 5 vs Texas. Ross is going to hurt us at the plate if he starts today.

He had a decent finish.  In Sept. he hit .280 with a .357 OBP.  He was 3 for 7 his last 2 starts.