Broadcasting question

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sjddaj. Show sjddaj's posts

Broadcasting question

Going to the Sox-Rays game on Saturday.  The game is on Fox.  Is it still also broadcasted on NESN as well?  Will Don and Remdawg at least be in their booth? 

As odd as it may seem, we would like to try and recognize Don and Remdawg.  Love them both, and for those of you who have to watch the games through a baseball package (and have to listen the home announcers from the other teams) will know what I mean when I say they are by far the best in the business.

Maybe bring a banner or something if they are going to be there.  Thanks guys.

Go Sox !! (will need all of the luck we can get with our #5 Lackey going against their ace in Sheilds).

Thanks guys

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Re: Broadcasting question

I just looked on my TV listings for tomorrow and the game isn't on NESN,it's only on Fox.Sorry 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Fox games are not broadcast on NESN due to legal issues.

Namely , FOXSPORTS knows no one would watch the game on FOX if they had a choice. The advertisers would pull out and Fox would have to stick with what they do best, trashy shows, COPS and stupid cartoons.

As a fan of NASCAR, I wish these people would leave racing to networks like TNT that do a far better job. FOX likes to stick cartoon gophers on your screen during NASCAR and a foolish robot doing jumping jacks during NFL football. They ruin the enjoymnet of every sport they touch.

RANT OVER.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from the_yazzer. Show the_yazzer's posts

In Response to Re: Broadcasting question:
    [QUOTE]Fox games are not broadcast on NESN due to legal issues. Namely , FOXSPORTS knows no one would watch the game on FOX if they had a choice. The advertisers would pull out and Fox would have to stick with what they do best, trashy shows, COPS and stupid cartoons. As a fan of NASCAR, I wish these people would leave racing to networks like TNT that do a far better job. FOX likes to stick cartoon gophers on your screen during NASCAR and a foolish robot doing jumping jacks during NFL football. They ruin the enjoymnet of every sport they touch. RANT OVER.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

good rant zilla; i too despise the fox network. just for creating and televising AMERICAN IDOL  alone makes me hate that scummy network.
    american idol---as if i needed more proof how stupid this country is.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

yazzer, not to be opposed to your thinking , by any means....

...but, the "country" is not 'stupid'....this is the greatest country in the world, maybe the universe. I have only left it for a few days to visit Canada....do you know they speak French in some areas of Canada??? How inconsiderate, how inconvenient!!!

No, the country is not stupid....

...but a hell of alot of the people in it have brains not operating on full wattage.

People who text while driving.

People who watch too much "Reality T.V."

The so called "Tea Party."

People who consistently vote Republican.

People who eat McDonalds for lunch everyday.

People who think drivethroughs are great while having a "think green" bumpersticker on their car.

etc.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]yazzer, not to be opposed to your thinking , by any means.... ...but, the "country" is not 'stupid'....this is the greatest country in the world, maybe the universe. I have only left it for a few days to visit Canada....do you know they speak French in some areas of Canada??? How inconsiderate, how inconvenient!!! No, the country is not stupid.... ...but a hell of alot of the people in it have brains not operating on full wattage. People who text while driving. People who watch too much "Reality T.V." The so called "Tea Party." People who consistently vote Republican. People who eat McDonalds for lunch everyday. People who think drivethroughs are great while having a "think green" bumpersticker on their car. etc.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]  ZILLY...."WOW" !!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

What's the over-under on how many times Screaming Don Orsillo will mention the pitch count?
    I think Orsillo actually thinks the pitcher's arm will fall off on the mound if he goes over 100 pitches.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]yazzer, not to be opposed to your thinking , by any means.... ...but, the "country" is not 'stupid'....this is the greatest country in the world, maybe the universe. I have only left it for a few days to visit Canada....do you know they speak French in some areas of Canada??? How inconsiderate, how inconvenient!!! No, the country is not stupid.... ...but a hell of alot of the people in it have brains not operating on full wattage. People who text while driving. People who watch too much "Reality T.V." The so called "Tea Party." People who consistently vote Republican. People who eat McDonalds for lunch everyday. People who think drivethroughs are great while having a "think green" bumpersticker on their car. etc.

....and people who think raising taxes on job creators will create more jobs. It will, just not in this country.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

FOX really ticks me off because they repeatedly black me out from the Red Sox on Saturdays.   They are doing it again this week.  Even though the Red Sox/Rays is one of the FOX games, they seem to think that people in my area would prefer to watch either a New York, Atlanta, or Philadelphia game.  This week, they are airing the Phillies/Mets game in my region.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Broadcasting question :  just for creating and televising AMERICAN IDOL  alone makes me hate that scummy network. american idol---as if i needed more proof how stupid this country is.
    Posted by the_yazzer[/QUOTE]

I like American Idol.    ;-(

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]FOX really ticks me off because they repeatedly black me out from the Red Sox on Saturdays.   They are doing it again this week.  Even though the Red Sox/Rays is one of the FOX games, they seem to think that people in my area would prefer to watch either a New York, Atlanta, or Philadelphia game.  This week, they are airing the Phillies/Mets game in my region.
    Posted by RedSoxKimmi[/QUOTE]

Fox has exclusive rights to Saturday baseball. the have it in their agreement with MLB. If you want to chastise someone, it should be Major League Baseball.
    I too get frustrated that I must watch the Fox game and, living in FL, must watch the Rays station (if it's on) because I am blacked out by the Rays, even when they play in Boston, and this is on MLB Extra Innings through DirecTV.
    I live 500 miles from Tampa.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from the_yazzer. Show the_yazzer's posts

zilla, i agree, this is the greatest country in the world; but the competition sux!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I agree about where the blame should fall, it's all on MLB. They are willing to sell the integrity of their game, and sacrifice control of what the fans see for a few extra dimes. Yeah yeah, capitalist, free market, blah blah blah. I'm not against people wanting to make money, but when that seems to be the ONLY concern (hello NFL owners) I take offense. Just like Rockeffeller said way back when, "How much is enough? Just a little bit more..."

Also Ali, Cigna just got handed 80mil by CT to move HQ to Bloomfield. It will create 200 more jobs (in CT, s c r e w PHI), possibly up to 800. Now do the math, even with 800 new jobs, Cigna just made out like bandits. Despicable.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Broadcasting question : Fox has exclusive rights to Saturday baseball. the have it in their agreement with MLB. If you want to chastise someone, it should be Major League Baseball. I too get frustrated that I must watch the Fox game and, living in FL, must watch the Rays station (if it's on) because I am blacked out by the Rays, even when they play in Boston, and this is on MLB Extra Innings through DirecTV. I live 500 miles from Tampa.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

I understand.  I also have the Extra Innings Package and I live in VA.  I am blacked out from all the Orioles (and Nats) games on the package and I have to watch those on the Orioles station.

As far as the FOX exclusive rights go, I am ticked at FOX because they  are the ones who decide which game to air in each region.  They have about 4 FOX Games of the Week, and for whatever reason, they rarely air a Red Sox game in my area.  I usually get either a NY or a Philly game.

I know someone who lives in Canada who says that he gets all the FOX games aired on his cable tv, and he gets to choose which game he wants to watch.  I don't know why we couldn't get that same option.  I guess that might be more of a cable/satellite issue than a FOX issue though.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Broadcasting question : I understand.  I also have the Extra Innings Package and I live in VA.  I am blacked out from all the Orioles (and Nats) games on the package and I have to watch those on the Orioles station. As far as the FOX exclusive rights go, I am ticked at FOX because they  are the ones who decide which game to air in each region.  They have about 4 FOX Games of the Week, and for whatever reason, they rarely air a Red Sox game in my area.  I usually get either a NY or a Philly game. I know someone who lives in Canada who says that he gets all the FOX games aired on his cable tv, and he gets to choose which game he wants to watch.  I don't know why we couldn't get that same option.  I guess that might be more of a cable/satellite issue than a FOX issue though.
    Posted by RedSoxKimmi[/QUOTE]

I've heard the O's broadcaster. Don't they have Rick Dempsey?
    At least you don't have to listen to Dwayne Staats.....what a moron!

They always show the Braves if it's a Fox game on Saturday. in my area.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sjddaj. Show sjddaj's posts

Seems like many fo you have "extra innings" just as I do.

I live about 40 miles from Tampa, so obviously have the black rules as well.

But, going back to my original post....., for you guys with extra innings know, there isn't a better pair of broadcasters in the league than Don and Jerry.  You people that bash them, trust me, you don't know how lucky you are.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

As odd as it may seem, we would like to try and recognize Don and Remdawg. Love them both,

just because they aren't doing the game

unless sox are the sun espn game too

odds  favor they will be there 

I'd keep an eye open for them

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoeFoyFan. Show JoeFoyFan's posts

Hit the mute button and enjoy the game!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjnmjn. Show mjnmjn's posts

Sorry Zill, but I agree with P. T. Barnum who said;
    "Nobody ever lost a dime underestimating the intelligence of the American public."

BTW Directv now allows viewers to choose the feed they watch for every game, so Don and Jerry can be seen nightly, except when FOX (which I agree sucks) or ESPN (marginally better) own the rights to the game.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sjddaj. Show sjddaj's posts

Tonight?  Yes, I may feel like hitting the mute button.  :)

stripe - Pretty sure they are the Sunday night game too.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Broadcasting question : I've heard the O's broadcaster. Don't they have Rick Dempsey? At least you don't have to listen to Dwayne Staats.....what a moron! They always show the Braves if it's a Fox game on Saturday. in my area.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

Rick Dempsey does the pre and post game analysis.  As far as I know, he does not do the in game stuff.  Gary Thorne is the play by play guy, and he is extremely annoying, IMO.  Either Mike Flanagan or Jim Palmer does the color commentary.  I don't care much for Flanagan, but I really like Palmer.

I agree with you, the Rays team is one of the worst.

And to the OP, I agree with you.  Orsillo and Remy are one of the best!