Bucholtz questionable?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

Re: Bucholtz questionable?

I thought Buchholz looked possibly injured the last two hitters he faced in the last game. Its why I was cool with pulling him. He lost his velocity and command. Hopefully I am wrong.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Listened to WEEI on the way home. Dave O'Brien asked why would they have Doubrant throw a side session, on the mound, instead of the dugout...was it to confuse the Cardinals, by not naming Buch or Peavy, to the 3rd or 4th start? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I think a professional athlete under the age of 30, with a $35 million dollar contract, requires more than 3 1/2 months to get over an injury from sleeping incorrectly.  You guys who expect Clay to pitch ever 5 games is completely and totally unrealistic; World Series or no World Series!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Listened to WEEI on the way home. Dave O'Brian asked why would they would have Doubrant throw a side session, on the mound, instead of the dugout...was it to throw off the Cardinals, not naming Buch or Peavy to the 3rd or 4th start?  

Buck may need the extra day rest and if he can't go on 5 days rest that also would mean he wouldn't be able to go G3 and G7.  Doubrant pitching is a necessity given Clay's Crick has come back.  Thorton also pitching means Day to Day Clay could be DL'd and Thorton being moved to the active roster.  It's not good.  I think Clay will pitch G4, give them 80 pitches, and then be done for the Series.  Maybe then they could DL him (legitmately?) and bring Thorton on the roster............That's what I think will happen.  I also think Buck will need to be dealt in the off season........

And Doubrant would be the first guy out of the pen to relieve Buck.....

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to beachboy88's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Andrewmitch was AWOL all season. Is that what one calls a fair weather fan or a bandwagon rider. He always seemed to act like he was entitled to a pennant every year since they had a high payroll and that should guarantee success. Talk about spoiled.

[/QUOTE]

And this from the man w/ 22 posts LMAO!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Farrell: Buch will start game 4 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Farrell would say that right up until the day before game 4 even if there is a 90% chance Buchholz won't be able to go. By naming him to start game 4 and not game 3 it means something is up. I do not trust Peavy at all out there. This guy is a disaster. Next time his contract comes up his injury history MUST be considered, much like the upcoming Ellsbury contract negotiations.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Farrell would say that right up until the day before game 4 even if there is a 90% chance Buchholz won't be able to go. By naming him to start game 4 and not game 3 it means something is up. I do not trust Peavy at all out there. This guy is a disaster. Next time his contract comes up his injury history MUST be considered, much like the upcoming Ellsbury contract negotiations.

Buch "just giving me a extra day"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrickford. Show patrickford's posts

Let's assume Bucholtz is hurt.  Great selfless effort pitching hurt and trying to help the team, while not making excuses. 
    Shows how tough he is. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to youkillus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bucholtz? Oh, BUCHHOLZ.  B-U-C-H-H-O-L-Z. Here's a little game to play, "B" Be the best speller you can be. "U" You can do this. "C" see the double "h" coming next? "HH", "O" Oh, you're almost there. "L" and "Z", dont be LA-ZY and add the "T", it's prounounced but not really there!

[/QUOTE]

Really dude  this isn't a memo to his boss.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

I'm totally biting my tongue on this one...but man is it hard!!! He's our guy and we need to support him, but an "Iron man" he sure is NOT. Ok...back to tongue biting!!! 

Undecided

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to patrickford's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Let's assume Bucholtz is hurt.  Great selfless effort pitching hurt and trying to help the team, while not making excuses. 
    Shows how tough he is. 

[/QUOTE]

I'd trade an ounce of health for a pound of selflessness. This guy is a Man of Glass and its really getting old. Yes he is very good when he is healthy, but it seems he never is healthy. Not much we can do about it now, but when contract time comes up there sure is.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrickford. Show patrickford's posts

Health issues are a huge factor to consider in terms of money and contracts. 
    Health issues have nothing to do with personal character. People might want to consider all the abuse which was heaped on Lackey. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

Sox are in a good position to bring Doubront for Buchholz should Buchholz be not ready for the game.  Cards don't fare well against good lefties not named Kershaw.

This is a testament to this team.  You never know where the next contribution is coming from, and they always do in surprising ways.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

In response to blingblang's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sox are in a good position to bring Doubront for Buchholz should Buchholz be not ready for the game.  Cards don't fare well against good lefties not named Kershaw.

This is a testament to this team.  You never know where the next contribution is coming from, and they always do in surprising ways.

[/QUOTE]

I agree..........

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Has anyone other than me noticed that there's something odd (one of my favorite words, btw) going on with this whole Buchholz issue?

First it was that he "slept wrong holding the baby" and was initially day-to-day, which turned into month-to-month.  After three months recuperating from his baby injury he came back with four QS, and suddenly for no apparent reason he's having trouble pitching again.

I'm of the opinion that there's a lot more going on behind the scenes than the FO is letting on. The Red Sox (should) have a crack medical staff and all the diagnostic tools in the world - probably literally! - and they can't figure out what's wrong with him??

I'm very aware of the Bill Belichik sport of gamesmanship and I have to wonder if that's not what's going on here, that the Sox know more than they're releasing and it's because they don't want to give their opponents any strategic advantage.  I'm fine with that. It's just that in this world where we as fans sometimes feel entitled to all the data, it IS frustrating. 

While we may never know all the details, IMO the FO may give us all we need to know in the off season.  If CB is on the trading block it will indicate that the FO has some issues with his attitude and/or durability.  If he's not on the block it'll mean that the Sox know what his problems are, that they're solved and he's going to be a viable pitcher in 2014. And that they were BS-ing us and the world all along.   

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NLU75. Show NLU75's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to LagunaJose's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think that many of us are aware of his medical history. Is this newsworthy?

Not at all newsworthy.  Telling us that "DAY TO DAY CLAY" is well, Day-to-Day is no different than telling us that sun is hot.  It's something inheritant in the universe.

Sometimes late when things are real. ANd people share the gift of gab between themselves. Some are quick to take the bait. And catch the perfect prize that waits among the shelves. But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man.