Buck and Mccarver sound so distraught over SOX win

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Re: Buck and Mccarver sound so distraught over SOX win

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Buck is well respected in the business. He gets all the big baseball and football games for a reason.  It is not just him and McCarver. We heard the same complaining about the TBS guys, including a pro like Smoltz. Same thing with the ESPN guys and opposing team's home announcers. I think it is now predictable that many Sox fans are always going to complain about the announcers. Sounds a little paranoid. Same thing with the umpires, by the way.

[/QUOTE]

Well to be honest this is my first time making reference to Buck and Mccarver. I heard what I heard. What can I say. No paranoia just fact. I mean, did you see how long they spent with Scherzer in game one. Seriously while the game was going on. It was like they were wining and dining him. Unreal. As for the umps they have not been great for both sides. And the Tigers pitching has been out of this world, yet the Sox still had a chance in game 1 and take advantage of the chance given in game 2. And during game 2 it was turning into the Verlander show. So I hope that comes back to bite them in the arssss too. Enjoy the ride. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I don't perceive bias in McCarver.  I just think he is a terrible color guy.  You would think a former player of his stature and experience would be able to pay attention and keep up.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't perceive bias in McCarver.  I just think he is a terrible color guy.  You would think a former player of his stature and experience would be able to pay attention and keep up.

[/QUOTE]

Terrible. Always has been. Happy retirement Tim.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think we are going to miss him.  Who do you prefer?  I do like Buck Martinez....I don't know, I have grown to like Tim & Joe....Could you get Al Michaels?  Maybe Dave O'Brien?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think we are going to miss him.  Who do you prefer?  I do like Buck Martinez....I don't know, I have grown to like Tim & Joe....Could you get Al Michaels?  Maybe Dave O'Brien?

[/QUOTE]

Honestly, anyone.  Anyone ... except joe Morgan.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes.  Morgan was brutal.  His last year I said to myself that I would no longer watch the Sox on Sunday Nights but he was thankfully fired in the off-season.  That has never happened before - me not wanting to watch a game b/c of an announcer.  Not even when I had to listen to Phil Rizzuto for yankee games!!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Too funny. Morgan would be worse. The better of 2 evils I guess. GO SOX

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

All of Twitter was questioning whether Scherzer was hired as the third man on their crew for the game. That's in between Joe West trending above and beyond the Red Sox during the game. If that's not a sign of a problem, I don't know what is..

That interview was soooooooooooooooooooo long, it's like they didn't even care that Sox fans weren't all that interested in talking with him for 10 hours.

Seriously, he's not that fascinating. #moveon

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Everyone is different. I happen to like Harrellson, while many hate him. Buck and McCarver correctly pointed out last night that Clay was leaving the ball up too much and could get in trouble. Sure enough.  Sometimes we don't like what we hear , but that doesn't make it wrong or incompetent. Maybe we are spoiled because Orsillo and Remy not only will not say anything critical, but sometimes totally ignore the action on the field. I guess it all depends on your own biases and taste.  It's just that every single announcer is getting blasted. Are they all really that bad or that biased against the Sox?  I don't see it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

All of Twitter was questioning whether Scherzer was hired as the third man on their crew for the game. That's in between Joe West trending above and beyond the Red Sox during the game. If that's not a sign of a problem, I don't know what is..

That interview was soooooooooooooooooooo long, it's like they didn't even care that Sox fans weren't all that interested in talking with him for 10 hours.

[/QUOTE]

Well said Kimsays. I hope Verlander implodes on Tuesday just so I can hear what the 2 have to say......

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to antiqueman1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well said Kimsays. I hope Verlander implodes on Tuesday just so I can hear what the 2 have to say......

[/QUOTE]

I already made my prediction for Tuesday. VERLANDER GOES DOWN. Happy trails Verlander. Hope those two can get over it. They're so in love with Scherzer, especially Joefreakenbuck, I wonder if they're even going to be paying attention to a game he's not in. Guess that means he's going to be interviewed for another 10 hours...not sure if I'd rather lose than have that happen. lol

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

The most annoying thing w/ those 2 is that every player is always "THE MOST EVER" or "THE BEST EVER"

Last night it was "Max Scherzer is the nicest player in baseball....of all time"!!!!!!!!!!!! 

How many time a game does McCarver use the phrase "the best I have ever seen".....it's insane.

The only statement last night that would had been justified w/ ending in "The best I've ever seen" would be Ortiz being the best clutch hitter any of us have ever seen.

Don't believe me?  Listen more carefully.........

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eddymon. Show Eddymon's posts

Buck misses his BF and football partner Aikman. :)

While McCarver is just way beyond being usefull behind the microphone.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]

The most annoying thing w/ those 2 is that every player is always "THE MOST EVER" or "THE BEST EVER"

Last night it was "Max Scherzer is the nicest player in baseball....of all time"!!!!!!!!!!!! 

How many time a game does McCarver use the phrase "the best I have ever seen".....it's insane.

The only statement last night that would had been justified w/ ending in "The best I've ever seen" would be Ortiz being the best clutch hitter any of us have ever seen.

[/QUOTE]

I doubt they said that about Ortiz. How could they? I bet they were still making out with Scherzer after the game. :)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I doubt they said that about Ortiz. How could they? I bet they were still making out with Scherzer after the game. :)

[/QUOTE]

LOL

There was nothing worse than McCarver drooling over Jeter in the 2003 ALCS.....
    especially when Nomar was indeed better......

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to antiqueman1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wow. Congrats to the Sox for an amazing never giving up win. It was something to hear and listen to Buck and Mccarver so distraught when the Sox tied up the game. They were more worried about Hunter rather what the Sox had just done: an Ortiz Grand Slam.  Then the walk off left them speechless which is the best way to listen to these 2 clowns. GO SOX. GO PATS. What an amazing day for Boston Sports. 

[/QUOTE]

I did not see that at all. Watch the highlights. This constant bashing of the announcers is really becoming tiresome. These guys are doing an excellent job. As did the TBS announcers. But you are right when you say it was a great day. 

[/QUOTE]

well chum, buck and mccarver have never evah liked the red sox. evah. didn't you find it a bit odd the first game when they were having this long drawn out conversation with the tigers 2nd game starter during the game? sorry to disagree with you man. they are two red sox haters. period.

[/QUOTE]

I agree.  They were chatting away as if they were talking to an old friend.  Not the time or the place for that.

These guys have never liked the sox.  Having said that I think they have toned down their ant-sox banter a bit.  If they get on my nerves I mute them and listen to weei on my computer.  Much more fun!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL

There was nothing worse than McCarver drooling over Jeter in the 2003 ALCS.....
    especially when Nomar was indeed better......

[/QUOTE]

I wonder if they have the same publicists as some of the players. It's just ridiculous how they can seem so obsessed with someone. With Scherzer I was asking if they wanted to marry him or at least date him. It was obvious to the entire Twitter world, which actually IS the world view.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from djcbuffum. Show djcbuffum's posts

Joe Buck is a big part of why I don't watch these games on TV, but listen on the radio instead. He's insipid. I remember watching the '07 series with the TV on mute, and the radio playing in the bckground. Unfortunately, they didn't sync very well, so I switched to radio only. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to djcbuffum's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Joe Buck is a big part of why I don't watch these games on TV, but listen on the radio instead. He's insipid. I remember watching the '07 series with the TV on mute, and the radio playing in the bckground. Unfortunately, they didn't sync very well, so I switched to radio only. 

[/QUOTE]

Insipid. So apt. Classy response considering the responses from some of us (myself included), and it really just sums it up. Well done.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to djcbuffum's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The computer is a bit faster than tv but I still use both.  When the sox do well it's fun to hear it then see it.  When they don't do well at least I'm prepared for what's to come ;0)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Did you guys know that Max Sherzer is, apparently, the only pitcher in the majors, smart enough to vary the time he holds the ball, to disrupt a base stealers timing?

I was amazed to learn this...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Did you guys know that Max Sherzer is, apparently, the only pitcher in the majors, smart enough to vary the time he holds the ball, to disrupt a base stealers timing?

I was amazed to learn this...

[/QUOTE]

I know! I think he's superman. He's the only pitcher who ever lived. Now I know that after listening to Fox. Thanks Buck and McCarver. That's information I didn't have before listening to you!