BV flying solo?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

BV flying solo?

Will Valentine be buying his own plane ticket back to Boston after tonight's game?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Re: BV flying solo?

In response to chuchos's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Will Valentine be buying his own plane ticket back to Boston after tonight's game?

[/QUOTE]

No, but he will be buying his own plane ticket OUT of Boston tomorrow.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

fingers crossed. word is, it will be announced Friday. bye bye bobby.

[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Francona is scheduled to interview with the Cleveland Indians, Friday. If Tito leaves ESPN Sunday Night Baseball, will BV replace his replacement??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

Francona is scheduled to interview with the Cleveland Indians, Friday. If Tito leaves ESPN Sunday Night Baseball, will BV replace his replacement??

[/QUOTE]

It would save ESPN the trouble of going through the interview process.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

no reason to fly.  it's only ~ 30 minute drive to Stamford from the Bronx.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How Long On A Bike........

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to 56redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Depends on how many French tourists are out there.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

I just hope it doesn't take as long to fire him as it did to hire him.  Sox need a new manager in place before the winter FA season.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

double that.  although i would hate to have to ride a bicycle on the Hutch/Merrit.  better off just hoping on Metro North....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

fingers crossed. word is, it will be announced Friday. bye bye bobby.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thats one day too long IMO. No reason to delay it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to ThefourBs's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Depends on how many French tourists are out there.

[/QUOTE]

LOL, 4B's. No texting while biking;)

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Bobby is almost certain to have a lot to say when he (hopefullY) gets fired this week.  It has always been all about him so I cannot imagine that he walks away silently even with his $2M in salary for next year in his pocket without trying to lay the blame on someone else.

If he has a problem with loyalty from the players or the assistant coaches it is because he lost all of them back in spring training.  Trust and loyalty are very closely related and blaming Youkilis in public cost him all of his players and coaches because they could never trust him after that day.

I have no problem with Valentine thinking that Youkilis was not "right" during spring training for whatever reason, but it should have been handled in a private meeting.  You can tell a player/employee a lot of things that he does not like (or want to hear) in a private meeting that cannot be shared publicly and still be able to work together.

However, when trust is lost with one employee in the way that Valentine handled his problems with Youkilis it may as well have been lost with every employee in the room because no one could trust the manager at any time.

The 2012 Sox ended up having no grit (check their extra innings and one run game records) as a result of Valentine and all of the mess he created.  Injuries or not, the Red Sox were never a "team" this year and that falls directly on the manager.

Hopefully, he is released from his contract (tonight would be great) very soon after tonight's game and the 2013 rebuilding can begin.  Whatever he has to say can just go in one ear and out the other for all I care.  He should have been never hired and certainly fired before July 1st of this season to give the team and the fans a chance at salvaging the 2012 season.

Good bye Bobby!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Flying low

Flying high

As long as he's leaving

Bobby, bye bye.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

I'm for bringing him back.  These are well paid professionals, not high school or college kids. With all that's gone on this year, and if everything were repeated to the letter, except for Beckett and Lester's records. Just reverse their records, which still wouldn't be what should be expected of your #1 and #2 starters, and the Sox would be in or very close to the playoffs. That doesn't tell me the manager did a bad job, in fact it says just the opposite !

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

if 'cona is smart, he'll keep his job at espn. because if he takes the indians' job, he'll be unemployed a year from now.

'cona's a lot of things, but a major league manager isn't one of them.

[/QUOTE]

Right, he lasted 4 years his first managing job, and 8 years his second job, so...you make no sense whatsoever.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

if 'cona is smart, he'll keep his job at espn. because if he takes the indians' job, he'll be unemployed a year from now.

'cona's a lot of things, but a major league manager isn't one of them.

[/QUOTE]

why not figure a rally point?  Like, who has the post wins over 2004-2011?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to BOSOX1941's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm for bringing him back.  These are well paid professionals, not high school or college kids. With all that's gone on this year, and if everything were repeated to the letter, except for Beckett and Lester's records. Just reverse their records, which still wouldn't be what should be expected of your #1 and #2 starters, and the Sox would be in or very close to the playoffs. That doesn't tell me the manager did a bad job, in fact it says just the opposite !

[/QUOTE]

On the contrary. It tells me, had the starting rotation lived up to expecttations, the mistakes made by Bobby V would've been the difference between making or missing the playoffs.

Just because this team was exceptionally bad, doen't mean BV was good at his job.

just look at the second game against the Yankees this week and explain to me why he didn't pinch run for Salty or pinch hit for Iglesias.

If Francona had made those non-moves, we'd be hearing about it from you for a weeek.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from candre99. Show candre99's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

On the contrary. It tells me, had the starting rotation lived up to expecttations, the mistakes made by Bobby V would've been the difference between making or missing the playoffs.

Just because this team was exceptionally bad, doen't mean BV was good at his job.

just look at the second game against the Yankees this week and explain to me why he didn't pinch run for Salty or pinch hit for Iglesias.

If Francona had made those non-moves, we'd be hearing about it from you for a weeek.

[/QUOTE]

when he did pinch hit for Iglesias a week or so ago, everybody jumped all over him

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to candre99's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

when he did pinch hit for Iglesias a week or so ago, everybody jumped all over him

[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure circumstances were different then.

Like the middle of an at bat, for instance? In the seventh innning, not extra innings?