Cabrera & Fielder should feel guilty collecting their salaries.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Cabrera & Fielder should feel guilty collecting their salaries.

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:
    [QUOTE]

What is most comical here is ones that come down on Ortiz for not hitting, are giving Fielder a free pass. W H A T is up with that?

[/QUOTE]

You mean because of the game winning Grand Slam vs one of the biggest base running blunders in post season history? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

or could it be the 2 year/25 mil $ deal vs the 9 year/214 mil $ deal?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Prince Fielder was 9 for 40 (.225) with one XBH and 0 RBIs.  But give credit to great pitching.  

The Tigers need to improve their bullpen.  They will be back next year.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Prince Fielder was 9 for 40 (.225) with one XBH and 0 RBIs.  But give credit to great pitching.  

[/QUOTE]

they need to cut payroll

they will be back b/c the Central sux

they made trade Max away........would you deal for him?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

they need to cut payroll

[/QUOTE]

Hello andrewmitch   Laughing

The Tigers have around $100 million (I forgot the exact number) committed to six players in 2014 and Max will enter his final year of arbitration.  So I guess there is a chance that he will be traded.  Nothing in baseball surprises me anymore.

If Max does get traded then I hope its in the NL because he is so good.   LOL 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I can imagine the Detroit fan base disgusted with these two and, yup, I know Miggy was injured. If I were not such a fanatic Sox fan, I'd felt sorry for Scherzer. Many of us were unhappy with Naps' strike outs but his 2 HRs were critical. Victorino was 2 for 20 something and there was talk of moving him down in the order but he was in a slump & hopefully he's out of it for the next series. Drew's offense was pathetic but he paid his way with great defense especially tonight with 2 men on and Cabrera up. Ross contributed in Game 5 and is a VG defensive catcher. Zander had ice water in his veins waiting out to get 2 walks and then a double. I'd continue to play him instead of Middy. Salty, hopefully will come alive & provide some power with a HR(s), double etc. I'd play Gomes as much as possible. Hey, Pedey missed getting us a 3 run lead by inches and I forgive his bobble in game 4 with his defense tonight. OK, I'm rambling. Do we pitch Peavy in Game 4 ? I say, yes, but on a very short lease. Good night guys. Only 10pm here on the coast.

[/QUOTE]

How classless can you get?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

they need to cut payroll

[/QUOTE]

The Tigers have around $100 million (I forgot the exact number) committed to six players in 2014 and Max will enter his final year of arbitration.  So I guess there is a chance that he will be traded.  Nothing in baseball surprises me anymore.

[/QUOTE]

at least the yankees have no prospects to trade for him!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

they need to cut payroll

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

at least the yankees have no prospects to trade for him!

[/QUOTE]

True andrewmitch   Laughing

Speaking of the Yankees, they have a lot of work to do during the offseason.   LOL

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

Fielder plays every game. In eight years, he's missed just 13 games, and just one in the past 5 seasons. Obviously, he's actually in great shape, despite his size, and can be counted on to answer the bell. Fielder went into a slump, against some very tough pitching, no shame in that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to blingblang's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Cabrera is injured, pretty admirable to even willing to be in the lineup.

Fielder was just attrocious.  I think he has to do something about that great hanging out tummy that seems to come in the middle of everything he does.  That slide stopping short of 3rd was hillarious.

[/QUOTE]

It was pretty funny.  The guy is an athlete and should get in shape.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:

In response to Chicagofire's comment:

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:

In response to Chicagofire's comment:

[QUOTE]

SFBostonFan is actually very happy tonight. Don't misunderstand him.

Hi Chicago, 

Not sure where your handle comes from but I work in the Windy City.

Not trying to be too hard on him but I don't understand negative feelings about a player SF probably knows little to nothing about, plays in another city, etc. Instead of posting negative stuff fans should be screaming from the roof tops, well maybe not, but you get my idea.

Hetchless 

Check out my IP address. I live in Chicago also but am an avid Red Sox fan. I expected just a bit of celebration here tonight but see none.

Not sure how to check your IP Address from here but great to see another Sox fan out here. I had my 2007 Red Sox World Series sweat shirt on all day and found numerous other Sox fans out here in Milwaukee while around town today.

Yeah, I thought the same. Thought I'd log on and see lots of folks cheering like crazy, but it seems the majority of us are ecstatic, but the usual one or two trolls to remain un-named as we all know who they are, continue to post the usual Sctuff. Amazingly Softy and Bill806 are suddenly very quiet. It's probably past the bedtime.

Any ways, it's a great night to be a former Bostonian and still as always a diehard Red Sox fan.

Cheers,

Hetch  

[/QUOTE]

===============================

RE: Not sure why the hatred for Fielder. I watched him play for the Brewers out here in Milwaukee for most of his career until signing with Detroit. He might be heavy, and his range isn't great but for a big man he covers a decent amount of ground, and has a lifetime .992 fielding avg. He's a team player from what I know of him, doesn't complain, etc. He had a bad post season but players slump, maybe putting too much pressure on themselves to help the team win. He regularly drives in over 100runs a year with a very high OBP. I guess you would have hated Ted William based on his one post season appearance when he his .200 in seven games with zero hrs and one rbi.

Just making a valid point. 

Hetch

Hetch---your making a valid point is your opinion and you are entitled to it and you are factual but I feel Fielder is overpaid and overrated and I will appreciate no scathing remarks about my $.02 because I'm entitled to feel as I do as a fan. He can play on your team if you want but I wouldn't want him on mine.

First of all, Thank You Chicago for explaining you are a non Boston resident but still a fan.

Also, Thank You Bling Blang as I agree with you about "Fielder was just attrocious.  I think he has to do something about that great hanging out tummy that seems to come in the middle of everything he does.  That slide stopping short of 3rd was hillarious."

And thank you also donrd4 "Does Fielder have 9 years left on contract?   Wow ! what a waste of millions. Nobody is worth a huge contract with many years added to it."

Hetch,  this is a forum and we are entitled to offers opinions, negative or not, and I do not need to hear " but I don't understand negative feelings about a player SF probably knows little to nothing about, plays in another city, etc. Instead of posting negative stuff fans should be screaming from the roof tops".

I did apologize for my negativity on Cabrera but I am entitled to say for his salary I would not want Fielder on my team. Read my BIO/Pro-File. Roots run deep as I'm born in Portland and spent 21 years, college and all, in Maine and although I live in Cal, I am and have been, the past 40 + years a Boston Team's fan, Sox, Pats, Celtics & Bruins. Return every year to New England where I still have family & go to Fenway. I actually wanted A's & Dodgers to win so I could go to the Sox games & also root against C. Crawford(oops hope you're not offended I said that about C.C.).

Cabrera was injured so excusable he didn't play well this series. However, the Triple Crown winner in last year's World Series when they were swept by the Giants( former Sox alumni I always liked Marco Scutaro was a hero), hit 3-13(.231) and Fielder really did choke last years as this one too hitting 1-14(.071).

And by the way I was estatic with our victory and in a sports bar where at least 75% of the fans were Expats. How's this for consideration, I actually feel bad for Scherzer who deserved a better fate yet I'm delighted we won. Please let fans express their feelings, negative or otherwise, w/o disparaging remarks questioning one's baseabll acumen & saying probably knows nothing about something.

[/QUOTE]

Well said

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Yankees have a weak system but that doesn't mean they don't have any chips.  They do have Gary Sanchez who would be a top 3 in anyone's system.  Raphael de Paula, and  Mason Williams are good prospects too.  The Yankees also had the third best draft in 2013 according to baseball America.

If they really wanted to they could headline some of their young pitching from a group of Nova, Pineada, and Phelps and augment one or two of those guys with Sanchez ++ for just about anyone.

Problem is their system would literally be baron, unlike the Sox where we could pull off that trade and still have some talent left over in our system. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yankees have a weak system but that doesn't mean they don't have any chips.  They do have Gary Sanchez who would be a top 3 in anyone's system.  Raphael de Paula, and  Mason Williams are good prospects too.  The Yankees also had the third best draft in 2013 according to baseball America.

If they really wanted to they could headline some of their young pitching from a group of Nova, Pineada, and Phelps and augment one or two of those guys with Sanchez ++ for just about anyone.

Problem is their system would literally be baron, unlike the Sox where we could pull off that trade and still have some talent left over in our system. 

[/QUOTE]

Pineada?  Really?  In a package for The Cy Young?  When was the last time he threw a pitch in the majors?  After the Chamberlain/Hughes fiasco what team would want to take a chance on a "top yankee prospect" any time soon?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Dombraski has run circle around Cashman before and he would run circles around him again.  I am sure if he dealt Max to the da yankees he'd get 3 future hall of famers

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to bosoxmal's comment:

[QUOTE]

I can imagine the Detroit fan base disgusted with these two and, yup, I know Miggy was injured. If I were not such a fanatic Sox fan, I'd felt sorry for Scherzer. Many of us were unhappy with Naps' strike outs but his 2 HRs were critical. Victorino was 2 for 20 something and there was talk of moving him down in the order but he was in a slump & hopefully he's out of it for the next series. Drew's offense was pathetic but he paid his way with great defense especially tonight with 2 men on and Cabrera up. Ross contributed in Game 5 and is a VG defensive catcher. Zander had ice water in his veins waiting out to get 2 walks and then a double. I'd continue to play him instead of Middy. Salty, hopefully will come alive & provide some power with a HR(s), double etc. I'd play Gomes as much as possible. Hey, Pedey missed getting us a 3 run lead by inches and I forgive his bobble in game 4 with his defense tonight. OK, I'm rambling. Do we pitch Peavy in Game 4 ? I say, yes, but on a very short lease. Good night guys. Only 10pm here on the coast.

[/QUOTE]

Hey Old Timer, firstly let me thank you for your service in the Big War & also I sympathize with you for your wife in the nursing home. I don't feel I'm offending you calling you "Old Timer" as I'm 75. Also, I am a Combat Veteran having served in Vietnam. A bullet or bomb was as lethal as one in WW2 or any war. Now to my point.

Are you a Liberal ? In my experience with Liberals when they disagree with something, they come back many times with scathing remarks that I'm wrong, not smart or as you said "classless". I have found, however , that a conservative might disagree with you but will come back with an intelligent rebuttal as to why they disagree. So, instead of calling me classless, what was it in my comments, all of them, one issue, one sentence etc. with which you disagreed. Other than saying, in my opinion, many of Detroit's fan base must be upset with Miggy & Fielder, I call you attention to many of our fans were unhappy with Peavy's performance, Naps' many strikeouts, Drews' lousy offence, some bad decisions they felt Farrell made and posters gave their opinions. That's what these forums are about. If you read my comments again you'll see the double edge sword remarks that many of our players didn't play well but in crunch time they turned it around. So, I said Miggy was injured and affected his play but Fielder, irrespective of his stats during the season, stunk in these playoffs & did likewise in the 0-4 sweep by SF Giants last year. I'm entitled to say he choked. Please tell me why I am classless & you will be if you don't respond but, truthfully, my feathers will not be ruffled if you don't. I am a hardened former Marine.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

last time I checked 5'11 300 pounds is by definition, OBESE regardless of what you bone density is.....it's good that he played every game though - puts of lots of goose eggs!  Dombraski's first mistake - he just paniced when VMart went down.....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

First of all that package would be headlined by Gary Sanchez, not Pineda. And I think it would take a lot more than those two.  I think it's uneasily and effectively not possible but if they really really wanted too they probably could.

Honestly they probably don't match up too well, because New Yorks better prospects are mostly corner infielders. But I'm also willing to bet most people in here have little knowledge of NY's minor league system, which is actually pretty stacked once you get below high A ball.

If they threw Nova/Phelps/Sanchez/de Paula/ Austin + a few high ceiling lottery guys in they'd bring most teams to the table. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

People complain about too much negativity, then revel in negativism themselves. Cabrera and Fielder should feel guilty ? How about just giving credit to our scouting report, game plan and execution of same?  We were able to pretty much shut down their top threats. To demean Cabrera and Fielder , is to take away from our terrific pitching. In the end, baseball boils down to pitcher vs. batter. Give credit to the winner instead of blaming the loser. The 2004 ALCS was maybe the greatest moment in Red Sox history. But saying that the Yankees choked actually serves to diminish the Sox comeback. The greatest comeback in sports  history. This year's ALCS was a battle between two outstanding teams.  In the end, the better team prevailed. Let's celebrate that. Cabrera remains a great hitter. Fielder remains a very good hitter. The Boston Red Sox are headed to the Fall Classic. That is the reality. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

Cabrera was hurt, and it robbed him off anything he could do that requires lower body strength, which is practically everything.  Despite that, he did fantastic.

Fielder had a disappointing series.  It's a shame.

Fortunately for Sox, that broke well for them, else life would have been more difficult for them.

Sox batting was also pretty disappointing in this series, except for some timely hits by Papi, Napoli and Vic.

May have to do with good pitching on both sides.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

[QUOTE]

Dombraski has run circle around Cashman before and he would run circles around him again.  I am sure if he dealt Max to the da yankees he'd get 3 future hall of famers

[/QUOTE]

Didn't DD get fleeced on the Granderson trade?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to bosoxmal's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hey Old Timer, firstly let me thank you for your service in the Big War & also I sympathize with you for your wife in the nursing home. I don't feel I'm offending you calling you "Old Timer" as I'm 75. Also, I am a Combat Veteran having served in Vietnam. A bullet or bomb was as lethal as one in WW2 or any war. Now to my point.

Are you a Liberal ? In my experience with Liberals when they disagree with something, they come back many times with scathing remarks that I'm wrong, not smart or as you said "classless". I have found, however , that a conservative might disagree with you but will come back with an intelligent rebuttal as to why they disagree. So, instead of calling me classless, what was it in my comments, all of them, one issue, one sentence etc. with which you disagreed. Other than saying, in my opinion, many of Detroit's fan base must be upset with Miggy & Fielder, I call you attention to many of our fans were unhappy with Peavy's performance, Naps' many strikeouts, Drews' lousy offence, some bad decisions they felt Farrell made and posters gave their opinions. That's what these forums are about. If you read my comments again you'll see the double edge sword remarks that many of our players didn't play well but in crunch time they turned it around. So, I said Miggy was injured and affected his play but Fielder, irrespective of his stats during the season, stunk in these playoffs & did likewise in the 0-4 sweep by SF Giants last year. I'm entitled to say he choked. Please tell me why I am classless & you will be if you don't respond but, truthfully, my feathers will not be ruffled if you don't. I am a hardened former Marine.

[/QUOTE]

Interjecting politics into a discussion that has nothing to do with them is absolutely classless. Because bosox disagrees with you he's automatically a liberal? Ive seen a lot of your posts and you come off as way to holier then thou. Cabrera and fielder took their contracts and should feel guily for collecting them because of a bad post season?? That's a sample size of at most 11 games for them. Not a definitive baseball sample size at all. They didn't play well, it happens. But seriously please keep your political slander out of this forum, its for baseball.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to 49thparallel's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

All GM's have made good and bad trades. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to 49thparallel's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No way. He got Jackson, Coke and flipped Kennedy for Scherzer. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

If the yankees had a single top prospect you would had seen him this past season. 

They need a 3B.  Do they call up a kid?  No they sign Youk.  Youk goes down.  Do they call up a kid?  No, they give the job to Adams.  He fails and they give to Nix.  He fails and they like their "SS of the future" over there.  Not once did they call up an Iglessias a Middlebrooks, or a Boeggarts.  Pathetic. 

Look at 1B.  They need one and they have no one to call up.  So they take Overbay who was a retread that was cut by the Red Sox. 

They needed a LF and they trade for Wells who no one wanted.  They didn't call up a Jackie Bradley or find a Daniel Nava.  And when Wells crapped out do they call up any young studs?  Nope.  They deal for another overpaid player that no one wanted in Soriano.

Their bull pen was horrible.  Who did they call up to help out there?  It goes on and on but if the yankees had any farm system at all, you would had seen at least one position player and one pitcher light it up and be in the ROY discussions.  You didn't.  They are toast.  Welcome back to the 80's yankee fans!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Oh and they needed a SS.  Do they call up their contigency plan to replace Old Man Jeter?  Nope, they trade for a guy who wouldn't even be eligible to play on the post season roster.  I've never seen the team so desperate before.