Calling out softlaw.....

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Re: Calling out softlaw.....

I am surprised they did this well. All the posters who were dogging the Red Sox before the season started aren't nowhere to be found. 2 more wins will solidify home field through out the playoffs. Won't be easy since they're playing the Orioles and we know how tough Baltimore can be. Even though Baltimore is not in the playoffs they can still riun the chances of homefield through out. Let's take care of business and win this whole thing. GO SOX

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

Come now my dear BDC ally.... time to man up and admit your wrongs. I wonder if you ever have? Or if you can? I know you thrive on standing alone and strive to be the solo resident on an island of self-logic but how can you continue to harp on the negatives in one of the best runs of our teams history?

In fact you need not admit your wrongs so long as you stop trying to re-reason your positions from the spring. Simply grab a BoSox hat and cheer for the team! I know you are a baseball junkie, I respect your opinions (normally), and I look forward to your schooling of moon in December! 

Now is a time for positivity, a time to be a fan who against all expectations has now found themselves on top of the world because their team, an underdogs underdog, has their lips on that big champagne glass - that world series champagne.

Herein lies the "problem".  Softy will jump on that statement and say that team with a $180,000,000 payroll should not be considered underdogs and that they spent poorly on Drew, Vic and 'Dumpster'...blah blah blah...... 

Don't bother....

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Hey I disagree with a few of their moves, past and present! But the team gelled... time to get behind it! In fact we should have all been onboard by mid-August.

Agree with you 100%!! 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Calling out softlaw is like trying to have a conversation with a wall.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

[QUOTE]

Come now my dear BDC ally.... time to man up and admit your wrongs. I wonder if you ever have? Or if you can? I know you thrive on standing alone and strive to be the solo resident on an island of self-logic but how can you continue to harp on the negatives in one of the best runs of our teams history?

In fact you need not admit your wrongs so long as you stop trying to re-reason your positions from the spring. Simply grab a BoSox hat and cheer for the team! I know you are a baseball junkie, I respect your opinions (normally), and I look forward to your schooling of moon in December! 

Now is a time for positivity, a time to be a fan who against all expectations has now found themselves on top of the world because their team, an underdogs underdog, has their lips on that big champagne glass - that world series champagne.

Herein lies the "problem".  Softy will jump on that statement and say that team with a $180,000,000 payrollshould not be considered underdogs and that they spent poorly on Drew, Vic and 'Dumpster'...blah blah blah...... 

Don't bother....

[/QUOTE]

$180m, $200m, 5 gazzilian......all the same in Stiffyland.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

There is nothing to call out, hate to tell you.  Ever one to move the goal posts, Softy has now fallen back on the only criticism left that hasn't been completely rebuffed:  With a payroll this big, anything less than WS championship is a failure.  This is a great position for him.  It is fail-safe.  If they lose, he finally gets the Red Sox failure he so desperately wants.  And, if they win, well, they SHOULD win.          

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

There is nothing to call out, hate to tell you.  Ever one to move the goal posts, Softy has now fallen back on the only criticism left that hasn't been completely rebuffed:  With a payroll this big, anything less than WS championship is a failure.  This is a great position for him.  It is fail-safe.  If they lose, he finally gets the Red Sox failure he so desperately wants.  And, if they win, well, they SHOULD win.          

AKA.....a slimy lawyer......(at least that's what he/she claims to be)

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Cool.

I needed a nap...

I love the smell of asphalt in the morning.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:

I get my talking points from Softlaw, just like Obama gets his talking points from K. Marx. However, don't confuse me with Softlaw and don't confuse Obama with Marx. I already gave myself an F for my projection on Red Sox total regular season wins of 91. Joe gave himself a B for projecting 89 wins and a playoff spot and AL playoff exit. Now, at 96 wins, with 3 games to go, the breakdown of the Yankees losing Tex, Jeter and A-Roid was no suprise, but losing Tex with the other two was the straw that finished the Yankees and helped the Red Sox get 5 or 6 more wins that I failed to anticipate. Fundamentally, I still see this Red Sox team as the "a bubble playoff championship pretender team" I called them before this season started. I hope I'm wrong on that, and I also said that Middlebrooks was the key for the Red Sox having any remote chance at all to win the AL.  I hope I'm wrong on that, and I like how Middlebrooks is showing his obvious talents after being mishandled by Red Sox middle management with a demotion instead of the DL he needed because of injuries, all in the name of asuaging the ego of their absurd 9.5 "investment" in part-timer S. Drew. If Middlebrooks shines in the playoffs, the Red Sox have a chance, because he addresses what otherwise would be a fatal flaw for an AL title team.      

As usual, the Rays always remain as pretenders, joined by the Indians. Red Sox need to hope the Rangers don't clip the Rays or Indians, because the Rangers are a greater challenge to the Red Sox in a playoff series.  

The Tigers remain the probability favorite, outside Red Sox fan and mass media mania. The A's are back in the playoffs for the 2nd straight season and are a most dangerous heavy underdog team. 

Folks, this is going to be one of the most entertaining post seasons in a long time, for all baseball fans except Hill. His "young Mariners", as he says every single season, never seem to do more than that. 

For the Red Sox and the massive labor costs payroll, to claim they did the job they are collectively paid to do, their labor must either win the title or lose in the WS in a well played WS to any NL team but the Pirates.  The same can be said for the Dodgers and the Tigers. Accountability comes to those with much, which is a favorite economic class warfare tenet of a late First Lady.  

It appears is though the matchups of Red Sox and Tigers and then Red Sox and A's is not possible, but replace the Indians for the Tigers or A's and the matchups are intensely compelling.

My hope is that the Red Sox and Indians play in ALDS, while the Red Sox meet the Tigers or A's for the ALCS.

In the WS, I'd like to see the Red Sox and the Dodgers in an instant classic matchup that requires some quick research going back to Brooklyn. Neil Diamond migh decline a WS Sweet Carolina, I mean Sweet Caroline Kennedy Sloshberg. I think Neil's reached an age where lip sync might be needed for October baseball on the New Southern Ireland frigid nights. But I digress.

I'd also love to see Red Sox and Cards, which inculdes the added benefit of a learning opportunity for MLB baseball value and fit challenged Red Sox middle management to study why the Cards are the gold standard for the non-small-market baseball franchises.  

I'd also love to see Red Sox and Braves, which provides an instant classic matchup and another learning opportunity for Red Sox middle management. 

Even the Red Sox vs. The Reds would bring back memories of double knit leisure suits, stack shoes, 'fros, and Bench and Yaz et al. I hit some golfballs next to Jim Rice a few months ago, and it's the same powerful baseball swing with more bending over at the hips to hit the ball near that down and in position that most lefty hitters looking for power, love. Rice was hitting it high and far and deep, if not always Hoganesque on accuracy of ballflight. As he used his massive wrists and forearms to muscle the clubhead through the ball, I wondered whether he had a smaller rounded gear for the touch shots. I knew he was in the area to get away from the media sales business and relax and enjoy the greatest game ever played, so I didn't even ponder speaking to him. Several friends of mine asked me, "is that Jim Rice"? I said, "no, but he looks just like him except Red Sox HOF Jim Rice is a lot taller than that".

Red Sox vs Pirates would also be a compelling matchup of the greedy rich vs. the poor.

Friends, and I consider all fellow Red Sox fans as friends, I'm excited about our first post season appearance in 4 years! It took a long time and a lot of money shotgunned in a wide swath, but we're finally in again!!!!!!!!!!!!  I have gone down into my libations' catacombs and instructed my Baja independent contractor to bring up 10 cases of my finest bottled lagers.  And when that Red Sox 3rd baseman puts the sweet spot of the bat, on the ball, my spirits will soar as I watch the artform of using fluid tempo and rhythm to produce nearly effortless bat speed. 

I've already planned ahead on roster construction for future years, but I will take a few breaks to see how the 2013 roster construction turns out. It will either crumble, teeter, or stand tall. Breaking Bad is bad drama but good comedy, but the Red Sox in the post season is the very best entertainment in the only reality TV with some redeeming social value.

probably the best post you have ever made old friend. give my regards to your brother-in-law and tell him to always check his jesus nut.Wink

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Reading Softy's last post made my eyes droop in the same way they did when I tried to read Das Kapital.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Rice was hitting it high and far and deep, if not always Hoganesque on accuracy of ballflight. As he used his massive wrists and forearms to muscle the clubhead through the ball, I wondered whether he had a smaller rounded gear for the touch shots.

AWKWARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to 17Again's comment:

[QUOTE]

Are you also calling every sports writer in Boston to admit they were wrong?  I hope whoever picked the sox to be in this position, also has this much luck and wisdom when playing the lottery.

[/QUOTE]

Perhaps it is not so much about folks picking the Sox to be in this position; But, rather that some folks merely allowed for this possibility, not writing epitaphs for the 2013 Sox before the season had even begun ... like some folk did ...

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

"Playoff bubble team" isn't an epitaph. However, "title pretender" is. I hope I'm wrong.

Me too.  

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Possibly it was dan shaugnessy using the handle softy.  Whatever the case, so what.  The sox are moving on, if you or anyone else picked the sox to be first, then good for you.  Print out your post where you picked them to be first and head over to the sox ticket office.  See if they exchange your post for a couple of playoff tickets.

Where I come from, if you said something stupid, particularly in reference to sports, you heard about it.

If you were dumb enough to repeat it, over and over, you were ridiculed.

I'm glad your buddies treated you so much gentler.

Must have been idyllic, growing up in one those "all opinions are valuable" neighborhoods.

I love the smell of asphalt in the morning.