Calm down, please...... In Ben I trust .........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Calm down, please...... In Ben I trust .........

In response to toccooa's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"I know that we'll have a very strong payroll, a large payroll. I know that we're going to add to it this winter. I'm confident in saying that we'll be amongst the larger payrolls in the game."

Please read the above words of incompetence. 

[/QUOTE]

Please read the above words of incompetence.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to seabeachfred's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

what has 4BS written that is even worth reading? Crawford and lackey were bad deals - lets not do it again....the free agent market is weak.....thanks for all the great insight you monosyllabic fool....seabeach actually has insight, not lame talking points...

[/QUOTE]

Thanks Georom!!!!  The good thing about this board is that we have a number of posters who seem to know what they're talking about.  The others?  Well, like you, I suffer fools very badly

[/QUOTE]

Fred, 4 B's has proven to be an irascible midge here more than once. He is best ignored when he misbehaves. Occasionally he has some good ideas, but too much of his time is spend agitating and not commenting on baseball. As for Cherington having the ability to do anything at all to improve the team next year to the point where we can contend for a playoff spot, that is highly unlikely. I certainly do not want him to make the same mistakes Epstein made here and commit long term to overpriced free agent players. He needs a three year plan that involves identifying, securing, and retained excellent young pitching. Thats the formula for success. We cannot bash our way into the world series. That approach has failed repeatedly. I would trade Ellsbury for good pitching prospects, for starters, if we can. Next year is not going to be much better than this year more than likely.

[/QUOTE]

If it helped to get you to quit being a PITA towards others you carried a grudge against, it was worth every minute.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to ThefourBs's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to seabeachfred's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

what has 4BS written that is even worth reading? Crawford and lackey were bad deals - lets not do it again....the free agent market is weak.....thanks for all the great insight you monosyllabic fool....seabeach actually has insight, not lame talking points...

[/QUOTE]

Thanks Georom!!!!  The good thing about this board is that we have a number of posters who seem to know what they're talking about.  The others?  Well, like you, I suffer fools very badly

[/QUOTE]

Fred, 4 B's has proven to be an irascible midge here more than once. He is best ignored when he misbehaves. Occasionally he has some good ideas, but too much of his time is spend agitating and not commenting on baseball. As for Cherington having the ability to do anything at all to improve the team next year to the point where we can contend for a playoff spot, that is highly unlikely. I certainly do not want him to make the same mistakes Epstein made here and commit long term to overpriced free agent players. He needs a three year plan that involves identifying, securing, and retained excellent young pitching. Thats the formula for success. We cannot bash our way into the world series. That approach has failed repeatedly. I would trade Ellsbury for good pitching prospects, for starters, if we can. Next year is not going to be much better than this year more than likely.

[/QUOTE]

If it helped to get you to quit being a PITA towards others you carried a grudge against, it was worth every minute.

[/QUOTE]

You were correct in that case, I admit, though your persistence in being a PITA was past all understanding.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

Bill, I'm a big fan. Do you think Warren Buffet will drop his IRS dispute and simply donate billions to save the federal government from defaulting on their entitlement welfare payment promises? Will that be enough to take care of the Democrat Party national electorate?

[/QUOTE]  A big fan ???  A big fan of who, Warren Buffet or BILL-806 ???????

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]

I'm a big fan of Bill. I disdain the intolerant and hateful and hypocrital welfare State advocate, filthy rich Warren Buffet table.

[/QUOTE]

You two should get a room.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I'm a big fan of Bill. I disdain the intolerant and hateful and hypocrital welfare State advocate, filthy rich Warren Buffet table.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They already have...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Or SHUCKS. again I feel sooooo humble !!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

I agree with don't panic - let's reassess the off season at Christmas.

However - please no more "In Ben I trust..." foolishness.

The guy has no record.  He has not earned any trust. 

Let's just see what he does and then evaluate accordingly.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I agree with don't panic - let's reassess the off season at Christmas.

However - please no more "In Ben I trust..." foolishness.

The guy has no record.  He has not earned any trust. 

Let's just see what he does and then evaluate accordingly.

[/QUOTE]  I place more TRUST in Ben & his early record, that I do in the "BIG O" AND HIS "COVER-UP GANG' !!!!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Let's just see what he does and then evaluate accordingly

How to you evaluate his 6 million plus offer to a career backup catcher who never made more than half the 3M+ yearly amount on this 2 year deal?

[/QUOTE]

A smart move for a number of reasons. If you cant figure them out, thats too bad for you...Real knowledgeable baseball fans know.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

How to you evaluate his 6 million plus offer to a career backup catcher who never made more than half the 3M+ yearly amount on this 2 year deal?

[/QUOTE]

A smart move for a number of reasons. If you cant figure them out, thats too bad for you...Real knowledgeable baseball fans know.

[/QUOTE]

translation: i dont know why its a smart move but i just will support ben because...well just because......btw softy doesnt have to prove ben is incompetent - his 2012 results as GM were dismal and record settingly dismal.....YOU have to prove why this is a GOOD SIGNING given his track record

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Thesemenarecowards' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Too much "PANIC" in the early going......  I have full trust in Ben C. doing the right things/moves...... Forget the Marlons & Jays, that was just a "dump" of overrated, overpaid player$ ....  How did that work out for th Dodgers ??.... All the Jays just did was to get $uckered !!!

[/QUOTE]

Forget the Marlons?? Byrd, Brando, Wayans, and Anderson, are the only Marlons I can remember.

[/QUOTE]

excuse mr bill for his spelling deficiencies. he's a tea baGGer and correct spelling is frowned upon by that group of illiterates

[/QUOTE]  SORRY IF I DON'T MEASURE UP WITH THE "BIG O" & LIZ WARREN...... BUT, I AT LEAST KNOW WHEN TO COME IN OUT OF THE RAIN !!!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from baddad. Show baddad's posts

so far ben has done squat.....trust like respect ie earned........let Ben earn it and then trust him

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

translation: i dont know why its a smart move but i just will support ben because...well just because......btw softy doesnt have to prove ben is incompetent - his 2012 results as GM were dismal and record settingly dismal.....YOU have to prove why this is a GOOD SIGNING given his track record

[/QUOTE]

nice try, but your wrong. You should get a new translator. if youve been paying attention I have listed a few reasons this was a smart move already on other threads. Namely the one I started when Ross was first signed. You say its a bad move and say I have to prove it was a good move, but you dont have to prove why its a bad move?

translation: i dont care what move it is, I dont like Ben so every move is incompetent.

Also, there were many other circumstances last year involved in Bens first year as GM. LL choosing HIS guy for manager, not having the financial flexibility to make certain moves. They wanted to stay under the luxury tax threshold so they wouldnt be taxed. These arent excuses, they are facts.

I liked some moves he made last year considering the circumstances. Did I like all of them? No, but then again nobody like every move thats made.

Now that there is a clean slate and BC has been left to do his job (or so it would appear so far), Ill wait and see what moves he makes and what direction this team is headed before I jump on the "BC is incompetent" bandwagon.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

nice try, but your wrong. You should get a new translator. if youve been paying attention I have listed a few reasons this was a smart move already on other threads. Namely the one I started when Ross was first signed. You say its a bad move and say I have to prove it was a good move, but you dont have to prove why its a bad move?

translation: i dont care what move it is, I dont like Ben so every move is incompetent.

Also, there were many other circumstances last year involved in Bens first year as GM. LL choosing HIS guy for manager, not having the financial flexibility to make certain moves. They wanted to stay under the luxury tax threshold so they wouldnt be taxed. These arent excuses, they are facts.

I liked some moves he made last year considering the circumstances. Did I like all of them? No, but then again nobody like every move thats made.

Now that there is a clean slate and BC has been left to do his job (or so it would appear so far), Ill wait and see what moves he makes and what direction this team is headed before I jump on the "BC is incompetent" bandwagon.

[/QUOTE]
    i appreciate your reasoned response and agree with you about valentine not being ben's...but his refusal to support him continued the player circus that started in 2011 - that was bad..also his first choice for manager, and his present choice are all last place managers for their respective teams...the big dump trade was great but done after the fact that the season was lost and beckett was finally seen to be a cancer (like some of us said all along)....his signings were truly bad save for Ross (which is why i am so confused why he is not being resigned for the modest 3/25m) but Ben has been bad...incompetent even/maybe

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They already have...

[/QUOTE]

I don't begrudge them each other's comfort....they only have each other.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    i appreciate your reasoned response and agree with you about valentine not being ben's...but his refusal to support him continued the player circus that started in 2011 - that was bad..also his first choice for manager, and his present choice are all last place managers for their respective teams...the big dump trade was great but done after the fact that the season was lost and beckett was finally seen to be a cancer (like some of us said all along)....his signings were truly bad save for Ross (which is why i am so confused why he is not being resigned for the modest 3/25m) but Ben has been bad...incompetent even/maybe

[/QUOTE]

I have yet to truly form an opinion as of yet of Ben as a GM, Geo. I did like some moves he made like I stated earlier, but I think in better circumstances (financially) he might have done something different.

Ill just wait and see what this offseason brings before I hang him out to dry.