can A-Gon Start in RF?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

can A-Gon Start in RF?

Lets play Anderson at 1rst..he could be ready!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Re: can A-Gon Start in RF?

I do think the Sox need to move Anderson to the OF.

Or to another team...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I love having Agon on the team. I just hate the fact that Youk now has to play third when he was so outstanding at first. Also, it's a much more demanding position, and I don't want to see Youk getting injured and out of the lineup again. Agon has always been considered such an amazing player, I would just assume that he can play another position. Too bad it's not SS or catcher.

I also heard that playing RF in Fenway is one of the hardest positions in baseball. I hope that at least gives people something to think about when bashing JD Drew. He was great in that position, with and without injuries. It really takes a lot of ----- for people to keep insisting he was faking injuries. I can't wait to see how it works out for other players.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Anderson should get traded for better opportunities for him.  He's gotta prove himself in ST that he's major league quality, and we should get decent OF or bottom of rotation guy in return.  win win for both Anderson and Sox..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Dewey Evans is rolling over in his Jet Blue Park suite chaise lounge

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: can A-Gon Start in RF?:
    [QUOTE]Dewey Evans is rolling over in his Jet Blue Park suite chaise lounge
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]WOW !!!!!  SPACE, WHEN YOU AND I BECOME CONSULTANTS TO LUCCIANNO's, REMIND ME NOT TO READ THIS BOARD ANYMORE !!Cool

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CRJB1. Show CRJB1's posts

Taking a gold glover away from his position is ludicrous

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

[QUOTE]Dewey Evans is rolling over in his Jet Blue Park suite chaise lounge
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

"sigh" Space my brothah, there never has and there never will be a right fielder that will have a better more acurate arm that our beloved dewey evans.  talk about intimidating the other team. one game way back when I was alot younger sitting on the first base side of fenway and watched dewey warming up throwing from deep in right to third without a bounce and from deep in right to the plate with one bounce. and just to rattle the yankees watching from their duggout, he threw one from the right field warning track over the catchers head and the ball hit the screen. holy cannon batman.............never saw an arm like that man. never.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: can A-Gon Start in RF? : "sigh" Space my brothah, there never has and there never will be a right fielder that will have a better more acurate arm that our beloved dewey evans.  talk about intimidating the other team. one game way back when I was alot younger sitting on the first base side of fenway and watched dewey warming up throwing from deep in right to third without a bounce and from deep in right to the plate with one bounce. and just to rattle the yankees watching from their duggout, he threw one from the right field warning track over the catchers head and the ball hit the screen. holy cannon batman.............never saw an arm like that man. never.
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we used to sit in the bleachers a lot, so I was always watching him warm up between innings.  It was amazing.  Not just the fact that he was launching beebees.  But the fact that it looked absolutely effortless.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: can A-Gon Start in RF? : Yeah, we used to sit in the bleachers a lot, so I was always watching him warm up between innings.  It was amazing.  Not just the fact that he was launching beebees.  But the fact that it looked absolutely effortless.  
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

exactly my point. there was simply no arc what so ever to his throws. it would just go straight for ever. that's funny space, that you were a bleacher creature man. oh for the price of a bleacher seat back in 1975 eh space?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: can A-Gon Start in RF? : exactly my point. there was simply no arc what so ever to his throws. it would just go straight for ever. that's funny space, that you were a bleacher creature man. oh for the price of a bleacher seat back in 1975 eh space?

ha.  yeah, those days are gone with the wind.  You can't even buy a beer at fenway for the price of a bleacher seat back then, or an "obstructed view".  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from IGatorbait. Show IGatorbait's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: can A-Gon Start in RF? : Finally, a smart post.
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]

ditto ....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Anderson should get traded for better opportunities for him.  He's gotta prove himself in ST that he's major league quality, and we should get decent OF or bottom of rotation guy in return.  win win for both Anderson and Sox..

I'd settle on trading Anderson for a decent major league middle reliever. There's no room on the major league roster for Anderson here, but he's probably deserving of an opportunity. Trade him to a team with less depth at first base.

As for Gonzalez playing RF, I'm all for it during away games in interleague play. He's a professional athlete. He can handle playing up to a dozen or so games in the outfield. We need to stop babying these people to the point of eliminating all versatility. It's not as though Gonzalez never played the outfield before. He has experience there, and he'll do just fine. I'd rather have both his bat and Ortiz's bat in the lineup than only one of their bats and a better defender. The Red Sox can always move Gonzalez back to first base late in games when a lefthander comes in to face Ortiz. That's when the Red Sox can insert a defensive replacement.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

What about Lava in RF? He should have a decent arm and he did play RF at Yale before they asked him to replace an injured catcher, I believe.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Sox need to find a 3B. If youk remains with Boston next year, he will undoubtedly move to DH. Will Middlebrooks be ready? If the answer is yes, then he needs a lot of exposure this year to make it so.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

[QUOTE]What about Lava in RF? He should have a decent arm and he did play RF at Yale before they asked him to replace an injured catcher, I believe.
    Posted by BOSOX1941[/QUOTE]

Not enough foot speed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

I can't believe with all the outfield talent this club has that someone is suggesting putting our gold glove first baseman in right field. somebody needs a nap.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]I can't believe with all the outfield talent this club has that someone is suggesting putting our gold glove first baseman in right field. somebody needs a nap.

ME!!!