Can Lackey pitch 225+ innings and win 22+ for us this year?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: Can Lackey pitch 225+ innings and win 22+ for us this year?

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

In response to mef429's comment:

You claim it doesn't mean anything. I've showed you otherwise, and via this high effort cherry picking, you've reinforced my point. Of course, there are other factors, such as run support, both lack of (Hernandez, Peavy, Johnson, Oswalt, Lincecum, Kershaw) and the opposite (Beckett, Burnett) or clutch pitching (Nova, and yrs ago Morris). Plus, you're stretching the truth here, i.e Harrison has a mediocre ERA at 3.29?

i said mediorce IN COMPARISON to the non-bold stats.

Playing in the AL at Texas stadium? Good for 7th in the league in ERA? Really? It's also notable how most of your high ERAs (DH counts for at least 0.75 runs), are AL and low are the NL (except Hernandez, who plays in a pitchers park with a weak hitting team in tow). Misrepresentative, to say the least.

Do you agree that a qualified sub-par pitcher can lead the league in wins? In theory if he has good run support and a good BP behind him it doesn't matter how good he pitches. A qualified sub-par pitcher CAN NOT lead the league in other pitching stats (like ERA, WHIP, SO/BB etc.) because then he wouldn't be a sub-par pitcher now would he? because what constitutes a good pitcher? good ERA, WHIP SO/9 etc...

In my eyes, W/L should only be used as a tiebreaker in the event that stats between pitchers are extremely close. example: Pitcher A has a 2.68 ERA, 1.116 WHIP, 13-12. Pitcher B has a 2.81 ERA, 1.067 WHIP, 18-5. Then i would say Pitcher B is better. Of course, there are 15 other pitching stats i would use to settle the debate ahead of wins/losses. If judging a pitcher on W/L floats your boat thats fine by me. To each their own. People value different statistics at differing rates. I put 0 value into the W/L stat because of so many variables that determine if a pitcher ends up with a "win" or not. Especially when there are an abundance of other stats that do a much much much much better job of displaying how good a pitcher is.

I have a similar view on IP, just because a guy pitches 250 innings doesnt mean he is good. it just gives some perspective when comparing other stats between pitchers.

Yeah. This post was written by a 20-year-old who just supposedly took his father's account while he wasn't on the computer and made it his own.

....is there a point to this post?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

You claim it doesn't mean anything. I've showed you otherwise, and via this high effort cherry picking, you've reinforced my point. Of course, there are other factors, such as run support, both lack of (Hernandez, Peavy, Johnson, Oswalt, Lincecum, Kershaw) and the opposite (Beckett, Burnett) or clutch pitching (Nova, and yrs ago Morris). Plus, you're stretching the truth here, i.e Harrison has a mediocre ERA at 3.29?

Playing in the AL at Texas stadium? Good for 7th in the league in ERA? Really? It's also notable how most of your high ERAs (DH counts for at least 0.75 runs), are AL and low are the NL (except Hernandez, who plays in a pitchers park with a weak hitting team in tow). Misrepresentative, to say the least.

Do you agree that a qualified sub-par pitcher can lead the league in wins? In theory if he has good run support and a good BP behind him it doesn't matter how good he pitches. A qualified sub-par pitcher CAN NOT lead the league in other pitching stats (like ERA, WHIP, SO/BB etc.) because then he wouldn't be a sub-par pitcher now would he? because what constitutes a good pitcher? good ERA, WHIP SO/9 etc...

In my eyes, W/L should only be used as a tiebreaker in the event that stats between pitchers are extremely close. example: Pitcher A has a 2.68 ERA, 1.116 WHIP, 13-12. Pitcher B has a 2.81 ERA, 1.067 WHIP, 18-5. Then i would say Pitcher B is better. Of course, there are 15 other pitching stats i would use to settle the debate ahead of wins/losses. If judging a pitcher on W/L floats your boat thats fine by me. To each their own. People value different statistics at differing rates. I put 0 value into the W/L stat because of so many variables that determine if a pitcher ends up with a "win" or not. Especially when there are an abundance of other stats that do a much much much much better job of displaying how good a pitcher is.

I have a similar view on IP, just because a guy pitches 250 innings doesnt mean he is good. it just gives some perspective when comparing other stats between pitchers.

Yeah. This post was written by a 20-year-old who just supposedly took his father's account while he wasn't on the computer and made it his own.

Well there's your profile for one...

About Me: My name is Rusty Shackleford. I am 34 years old and secretly a yankee apologist -don't tell-

It's interesting that you were saying you were 19 and stole your dad's ID when he wasn't on the computer. When I asked you about it and whether or not you and your dad were sharing your ID you said you turned 20.

I have no doubt you're a Yankee apologist lol, but who's 34? Your father? It's so interesting that you are now Zac's new bud, and have taken on the persona of beating up Boston fans here. Then there was your new Dolphins avatar after football season is over laughing at the Pats on a Boston board.

Actually, nothing about you makes sense - except for your screenname's original date 2006 and your new age listed as the number 34. Hi, Mikey!

Shakedown -- Bob Seger

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to Triumph-'s comment:

Well there's your profile for one...

About Me: My name is Rusty Shackleford. I am 34 years old and secretly a yankee apologist -don't tell-

It's interesting that you were saying you were 19 and stole your dad's ID when he wasn't on the computer. When I asked you about it and whether or not you and your dad were sharing your ID you said you turned 20.

I have no doubt you're a Yankee apologist lol, but who's 34? Your father? It's so interesting that you are now Zac's new bud, and have taken on the persona of beating up Boston fans here. Then there was your new Dolphins avatar after football season is over laughing at the Pats on a Boston board.

Actually, nothing about you makes sense - except for your screenname's original date 2006 and your new age listed as the number 34. Hi, Mikey!

Shakedown -- Bob Seger

What a lame/ non baseball post

I guess we now know who Triumph the insult comic dog, Yazzer, MrYazz, etc. actually is. Your way too easy, and, apparently way out of your league when it comes to fooling anyone.

Still don't get why a screenname that comes here just to insult people with your avatar is still here when Sox fans get banned here. Even if your other screennames are a little more subtle. But, hey, nice of you to jump right in with "Triumph". LOL

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

yeah. that's weird that my profile says all that.. i wonder why that is? am i 20? am i 37? what is my real name? why did i change my avatar as soon as the forums reinstated the feature (which so happened to be after the football season ended)? does anyone but you really care? Does my personal information affect the quality of my baseball posts? if so, why? Will you finally explain your obsession with this "mikey" character? and why do you think im him/her? my account was created years ago. is this some elaborate long term con to dupe the forum into thinking a hate filled, spiteful, closet yankee fan is really a lovable RS fan with a red sox tattoo? was that just a confession to my real motives? will any of these questions be answered?

maybe if your a good girl :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

yeah. that's weird that my profile says all that.. i wonder why that is? am i 20? am i 37? what is my real name? why did i change my avatar as soon as the forums reinstated the feature (which so happened to be after the football season ended)? does anyone but you really care? Does my personal information affect the quality of my baseball posts? if so, why? Will you finally explain your obsession with this "mikey" character? and why do you think im him/her? my account was created years ago. is this some elaborate long term con to dupe the forum into thinking a hate filled, spiteful, closet yankee fan is really a lovable RS fan with a red sox tattoo? was that just a confession to my real motives? will any of these questions be answered?

An account you said was created by your father that you took on when he wasn't on the computer one day. lol I asked you what happened when he came back to the board, and why didn't you just create your own. Maybe it's just that you know some of your posts appear to be written by a 20-year-old, and just felt it was a better fit. Just didn't have the math skills to think about your dad being 34. Give it up already. You're just digging a bigger hole.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

And don't worry. JBay is definitely NOT on top of this so you and your current screennames are completely safe.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

To the OP on Lackey. No. Lackey will be lucky to get to the Dice K 14 game mark. He'll be our #5 guy by midseason. Not sure it will matter all that much if we can get one more decent pitcher in here...

"JBay is definitely NOT on top of this" 

Kim stop it with the JBay junk. JBay isn't in control of this board.  A number of months ago before the move off the outsourced managed board he forecast a number of changes including bans by IP which have not happened. In fact his impression of this situation was almost totally wrong, he implied a more controlled and carefully handled board whereas it's now all but abandoned in terms of any kinds of feature improvements. No offense to J-Bay he was just relaying very optijmistic info from someone on the inside but it was not to be. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

An account you said was created by your father that you took on when he wasn't on the computer one day. lol I asked you what happened when he came back to the board, and why didn't you just create your own. Maybe it's just that you know some of your posts appear to be written by a 20-year-old, and just felt it was a better fit. Just didn't have the math skills to think about your dad being 34. Give it up already. You're just digging a bigger hole.

its all part of the mystery.. *cue ominous music* and its up to you to figure it out kim. seeing as no one else cares who i am or anything else about my personal life. Do you have some sort of crush on me? Your spending all this time wondering about something that doesn't matter at all. If you weren't such a creeper i probably would tell you about myself but i really enjoy watching you blindly grasp for any and all reasons to discredit me. Which is why i put up bogus info on my profile. and you bit hook, line and stinker. Any dope with an ounce of common sense would read my profile and instantly realise it was fake. it's painstakingly obvious..... I knew one of the "private eye posters" here would take it literally and use it in a pathetic attempt to prove my dishonest intentions. Congrats kim, your the bottom of the barrel.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

To the OP on Lackey. No. Lackey will be lucky to get to the Dice K 14 game mark. He'll be our #5 guy by midseason. Not sure it will matter all that much if we can get one more decent pitcher in here...

Kim stop it with the JBay junk. JBay isn't in control of this board.  A number of months ago before the move off the outsourced managed board he forecast a number of changes including bans by IP which have not happened. In fact his impression of this situation was almost totally wrong, he implied a more controlled and carefully handled board whereas it's now all but abandoned in terms of any kinds of feature improvements. No offense to J-Bay he was just relaying very optijmistic info from someone on the inside but it was not to be. 

JBay is definitely not on top of this because it's his friend Mikey. The person you continue to call mysterious when there's nothing mysterious about him. So, who are you since you also felt the need to jump into this conversation and go after me? You passed over triumph the insult comic dog to get to me, and you're a supposed "troll spanker". LOL Why do you even care what I say about anything? And care sooo much?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

its all part of the mystery.. *cue ominous music* and its up to you to figure it out kim. seeing as no one else cares who i am or anything else about my personal life. Do you have some sort of crush on me? Your spending all this time wondering about something that doesn't matter at all. If you weren't such a creeper i probably would tell you about myself but i really enjoy watching you blindly grasp for any and all reasons to discredit me. Which is why i put up bogus info on my profile. and you bit hook, line and stinker. Any dope with an ounce of common sense would read my profile and instantly realise it was fake. it's painstakingly obvious..... I knew one of the "private eye posters" here would take it literally and use it in a pathetic attempt to prove my dishonest intentions. Congrats kim, your the bottom of the barrel.

No for the 1,000th time I don't have a crush on you, Mikey. It's really gettting old even asking me that. I did find it hilarious when you asked me under "Camelwalk" if I had a crush on Mikey -- you know, before you even admitted to being Camelwalk. Your act is getting old and predictable.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

JBay is definitely not on top of this because it's his friend Mikey. The person you continue to call mysterious when there's nothing mysterious about him. So, who are you since you also felt the need to jump into this conversation and go after me? You passed over triumph the insult comic dog to get to me, and you're a supposed "troll spanker". LOL Why do you even care what I say about anything? And care sooo much?

i find it funny you demand others to answer question X Y and Z but you always deflect and ignore questions directed to you. why do YOU care so much?

and you got me, im mikey, camelwalk, triumph, j-bay, pumpsie, enchilada, moon, softy, pike, and many others. Others who haven't even posted yet. i just have their accounts sitting there so it doesnt look conspicious when i start using them for my deviant acts. You've exposed the conspiracy. now what is your plan of attack?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:

man kimsaysthis you are whacked and tiresome

Riiiiight. And it's completley over your head that a poster who apparently wanted to protect his age and his information gave it freely as a 20-year-old using his "father's" account. All the while having a profile that said 34. Looks more to me like someone who forgot he said he was 34. But don't worry. That's not whacked.

He also said his name was Michael. I even responded to his post asking if his name was really Michael. Some things are just common sense.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

But don't worry because I just gave your thread a thousand more posts because when you say anything negative about a Yankee fan, the posts just add up. You're welcome.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

i find it funny you demand others to answer question X Y and Z but you always deflect and ignore questions directed to you. why do YOU care so much?

and you got me, im mikey, camelwalk, triumph, j-bay, pumpsie, enchilada, moon, softy, pike, and many others. Others who haven't even posted yet. i just have their accounts sitting there so it doesnt look conspicious when i start using them for my deviant acts. You've exposed the conspiracy. now what is your plan of attack?

Anyone who's wondering who you are, just really needs to read this thread. Doesn't take a genius. And naming other posters is just your way of dragging other people into the conversation when it's obvious there's only one person we're talking about.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Anyone who's wondering who you are, just really needs to read this thread. Doesn't take a genius. And naming other posters is just your way of dragging other people into the conversation when it's obvious there's only one person we're talking about.

More KST drivel. Any baseball thoughts kim?

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Napoli.... 150 games played, 40 homers.

Lackey..... 35 starts, 22 wins, and an era under 2.5

lol

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Thanks, BTS. No offense taken.  BDC is still working on upgrading  the software, ie ignore button, etc. They did step up the moderating in house, which seems to be combating some of the issues

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

I was going to use the "ignore" button on kimsaysthis but the button refused.