can we now send the cubs lackey or dice as the player to be named later?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

can we now send the cubs lackey or dice as the player to be named later?

obviously, i am just being sarcastic regarding the most poorly executed trade in the history of baseball. but jeez, after receiving the soon to be immortalized (only in trivia games) aaron kurz and that other guy for a player to be named later in addition to the sit on your hands and do nothing all off-season mr. epstein (y didnt he try this approach his last 2 seasons in boston or atleast his last crawfordlesss off-season?). i don't even care to speculate who the class A bust willl be, but can you imagine if he turns out to be the next wakefield (gets converted to a knuckler or some other creative thinking position/role) or finds his stick or fastball some how in chicago and we get hosed all the way around? just sayin. still, wouldn't be great if we could send ANY player back and we just returned one of mr. epstein's flunkies to him reminding all of chicago that he didnt just walk on water during his tenure here. let's see, mr. lackless would be first followed by dice and heck even mr. crawford. who else?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: can we now send the cubs lackey or dice as the player to be named later?

Send them Jenks and we're under the Luxury Tax Cap.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

send them Dice-K?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from iamme17. Show iamme17's posts

the cubs get a say in who gets sent and lackey or dice or any other high priced trash is gonna get a "nay"from them

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

It's really uncomfortable to see players with 19 and 18 wins in the major league being called trash... what a world we live in... or should I say what a fanbase we live in...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

I would move Lackey to the Cubs or any other team and pay 25% of his salary in a heartbeat. I know there are tons of Lackey Lovers out there and others who will take my statement and trash it based on well thought out financial rationale and/or the hope that he comes back healthy, wins 15 to 18 games and is a model citizen. Bottom line for me is Lackey needs to go at any price.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

In Response to Re: can we now send the cubs lackey or dice as the player to be named later?:
    [QUOTE]I would move Lackey to the Cubs or any other team and pay 25% of his salary in a heartbeat. I know there are tons of Lackey Lovers out there and others who will take my statement and trash it based on well thought out financial rationale and/or the hope that he comes back healthy, wins 15 to 18 games and is a model citizen. Bottom line for me is Lackey needs to go at any price.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]

why now?? he wont even be on the field this year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In Response to Re: can we now send the cubs lackey or dice as the player to be named later?:
    [QUOTE]It's really uncomfortable to see players with 19 and 18 wins in the major league being called trash... what a world we live in... or should I say what a fanbase we live in...
    Posted by seannybboi[/QUOTE]

man, you took the words right outta my mouth. in my worst day as a red sox fan I wouldn't use trash to discribe Lackey or DiceK. But you know what they say right?
    opinions are just like butt holes! everybodies got one!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: can we now send the cubs lackey or dice as the player to be named later? : why now?? he wont even be on the field this year.
    Posted by stillallbost08[/QUOTE]
    To reduce his cost this year by 75%, now having said that, his salary may not be charged against our 2012 payroll?? If it does go against 2012, valid reason IMO. The other important reason(s) are to insure he will never wear a Red Sox uniform again and to insure his salary will not go against 2013 payroll.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: can we now send the cubs lackey or dice as the player to be named later? : why now?? he wont even be on the field this year.
    Posted by stillallbost08[/QUOTE]
    Also, IF there is a "taker" right now, why not do it now, rather than hope someone will take him later??

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I am looking forward to Dice-K's return as it appears the team could really use him... plus he will be pitching for a contract. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]It's really uncomfortable to see players with 19 and 18 wins in the major league being called trash... what a world we live in... or should I say what a fanbase we live in...
    Posted by seannybboi[/QUOTE]

And that poster has 300+ posts in three years, and no one knows him. You don't even know if that is a Sox fan. It doesn't help that the majority of Yankee fans, along with some other teams' fans, never identify themselves. I've always said, if I ever went to a Yankee board, which will never happen, I would be there as a Sox fan. It's common curtesy so that posters know where the opinion is coming from. I think Sox fans get a bad rap for posts that aren't even from Sox fans. JMO

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]I am looking forward to Dice-K's return as it appears the team could really use him... plus he will be pitching for a contract. 
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

I agree. It would be ridiculous to get rid of him now. With Bobby as manager, there may be a comfort level there considering his experience with Japanese pitchers and culture. I think we may see a whole new Dice-K.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]Send them Jenks and we're under the Luxury Tax Cap.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

You've said this so many times, I wonder if it will happen. He does have a connection to Chicago after all. Having said that, if it doesn't happen, I'm looking forward to a better season from him as well as all the formerly injured players.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

The Red Sox have already been handsomely compensated for the departure of Theo Epstein, so why should the Sox be further compensated by transferring the negative value of John Lackey, Daisuke Matsuzaka or Bobby Jenks?

I suspect the Red Sox will complete the deal by sending the Cubs an out-of-options player such as Michael Bowden, Felix Doubront, Andrew Miller, Darnell McDonald, Franklin Morales or Matt Albers.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]I would move Lackey to the Cubs or any other team and pay 25% of his salary in a heartbeat. I know there are tons of Lackey Lovers out there and others who will take my statement and trash it based on well thought out financial rationale and/or the hope that he comes back healthy, wins 15 to 18 games and is a model citizen. Bottom line for me is Lackey needs to go at any price.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]

The only way the Cubs or "any other team" takes 75% of Lackey's salary is if they get to send back an equal or worse contract.

The Sox would be better off on all fronts with Lackey as opposed to, say, Alfonso Soriano or Vernon Wells...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m