1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yeahdude320. Show Yeahdude320's posts

Can you see Robinson Cano in a Sox uniform ?

Now before all of you go off on me hear me out . Where would we put him ? Good question , answer : I would probably move him to third base and start bogearts at SS. Now I definitely wouldn't give him 300 mil but neither is any one else . How does 175 for 10 yrs sound . Worst case scenario we drive the price up for the Yankees . He has power , decent arm and stays healthy.  I really don't think we would ever sign him but just for fun it does make you curious as to what if !

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Re: Can you see Robinson Cano in a Sox uniform ?

In response to Yeahdude320's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Now before all of you go off on me hear me out . Where would we put him ? Good question , answer : I would probably move him to third base and start bogearts at SS. Now I definitely wouldn't give him 300 mil but neither is any one else . How does 175 for 10 yrs sound . Worst case scenario we drive the price up for the Yankees . He has power , decent arm and stays healthy.  I really don't think we would ever sign him but just for fun it does make you curious as to what if !

[/QUOTE]

HA HA HA HA HA HA .......I needed that.....HA HA HA HA HA

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam789123. Show jam789123's posts

He has the Yankee stink on him and a me first attitude.  Why not bring back Bobby V. and Aceves while you're at it?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

Here are his similars from baseballreference.com; Good to very good players, but not break the bank mega stars. He's never had to be "the man" in NY, he's 31 years old, buyer beware!

1. Nomar Garciaparra (919)
    2. Chase Utley (904)
    3. David Wright (888)
    4. Rich Aurilia (859)
    5. Victor Martinez (857)
    6. Jose Vidro (841)
    7. Wally Berger (839)
    8. Carlos Baerga (837)
    9. Mike Lowell (836)
    10. Mike Sweeney (833)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'll do other things for fun besides imagining Robinson Cano playing for the Red Sox for a hefty 10 year contract.  I'd rather imagine no heaven.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Dreamtime is here.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

No No and No

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Ain't gonna happen and at his age iu wouldn't give him a 10 yr contract. 5 maybe...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

The Red Sox don't want to go to three years on Saltalamacchia...but I'm sure they'd love to sign Cano until he's 40.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

The simple answer is no I can't see him in a Sox uniform. 

The more complicated answer is given his age and everything I've read to date with regards to what he and his agent are seeking in years and terms. His signing would be in complete contrast to what has already proven to be a more prudent approach to signing free agents by Cherington and the Red Sox Owners. 

If you look beyond the field and a players ability. Many of the marque guys are signed for reasons having to do with where a team stands and in many cases the owners trying to create a buzz to generate support in the buisness community and among thier respective fan bases. Arte Moreno in LA and the Dodgers led by Magic come to mind. Another is the Texas Rangers who in the land of the Dallas Cowboy's have to generate buzz to stay relevant. 

The Red Sox, coming off a season in which they won a championship don't need to sign a marque name like Cano and in fact I doubt his name has ever even been discussed in the board room. aside from perhaps a few barbs about needling the Stienbrenners and making Cashman sweat a little. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from djcbuffum. Show djcbuffum's posts

You don't pay that kind of money for a guy who you would have to play out of position.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

HA HA HA HA HA HA .......I needed that.....HA HA HA HA HA

[/QUOTE]

You beat me to the punch.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

I don't want Cano's agility and throwing from my 3B.