1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Cano flies to Seattle to meet with the Mariners

Go Cano! Go Mariners! Make this happen!! SmileCool

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: Cano flies to Seattle to meet with the Mariners

In response to redsoxriteofspring's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We'll soon see who is bluffing. While it's quite possible, hard to see the Yankees letting the only real less than old and broken down starts skip town. Ellsbury makes Cano look like Ted Williams. 

[/QUOTE]

He was a god on the Yankees. He would be beyond that on the Mariners. That has to be appealing in some way.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

And the Yankees are already working around him -- even at second base. He has to be annoyed at that as well.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Seattle is reportedly offering 9 years $225mill, apparently with the goal of staying $50mil ahead of the Yankees...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Seattle is reportedly offering 9 years $225mill, apparently with the goal of staying $50mil ahead of the Yankees...

[/QUOTE]

Who would have ever thought it...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

If this happens, I am forever going to celebrate the day as "Cano Day". lol

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Could Cano Day be today? He did fly out to Seattle in person -- not sending his people. They are outbidding the Yankees -- unprecedented as far as I know. Could happen. Laughing

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Not a way to build a team ... Red Sox were smart - they signed a number of short-term players who each have been or could be an all*star on any random year and had a complete line-up. Mariners will tie their entire future down to Cano/Felix

What is the point?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

I would too if Yanks told me they would only go to 160, then sign Ellsbury to a 153 pact? While I like Ells as a player, not going to get close to the offensive #'s that Cano will put up. Don't be surprised if Yanks don't change their toon in a hurry, lets just hope they pissed off Cano enough, have tough time though seeing any good offensive player going to play in that park. Any where else I think he would be gone, but thats like Siberia for hitters.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc1944. Show MadMc1944's posts

Cano is a difference maker. If they sign him and have enough money left over to sign Choo then with the 2 B and the OF'der that's being replaced they go out and trade for another part Or resign Morales--perhaps trade for two years of David Price---they have a pretty good team.

The Red Sox put together a pretty good team over one winter between FA signings and trades.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Marioguy424. Show Marioguy424's posts

Hmm... Redsoxriteofspring is a new poster, has already posted multiple messages, and has an unfavorable view of Ellsbury (albeit, Cano is much better than Ellsbury, but Ellsbury doesn't look so much worse that Cano looks like Ted Williams by comparison.) My friends, I believe Softlaw has risen from the ashes.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

Love to see it happen Kim, but I don't think it will. Can't see Cano wanting to play for Seattle and it would be a PR nightmare for that jerk Jay Z (Mr. New York). I can't really see him rapping about Seattle and wearing a Mariner's cap.

I think they are just trying to play the yankees to get their offer up.

Hope I'm proved wrong.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

He'll end up with Yankees

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Go Cano! Go Mariners! Make this happen!! SmileCool

[/QUOTE]

I really can't picture Cano signing with the Mariners, or JAYZ allowing his first client to sign anywhere but in a big market.  This is probably the same game Boras used with the Red Sox with Tex.  Remember Tex supposidly flying to meet with the Nationals because they offered him some crazy amount of money, the Sox taking a final stand and the Yanks swooping in for a couple mil more but less than what the Nationals probably never offered in the first place?  Or maybe they did but Tex (like Cano) never had any intensions on signing there.

JAYZ in my opinion is just trying to drive up NY's price because they are the only ones crazy enough to pay it in my opinion.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He'll end up with Yankees

[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm thinking too, but if they lose Cano and gain Ellsbury, they are not much better off than 2013.

McCann is not leading them to the promise land.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Wow.. Mariners offered him 9yr $225M but Jay-Z countered with 10yr $250M which made M's CEO explode.  Obviously Cano and Jay-Z don't want to go to Seatle.  Jay-Z is just trying to make the Yankees pay more.  Cano will go back to the Yankees on Yanks term.  Jay-Z thinks he's a super agent suddenly.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Seattle offered a stunning 9 year 225M contract and Jay-Z demanded 10/250M and the M's owner blew a fuse and ended the meeting. NYY have Cano by the yam sack now and Im pretty sure Jay-Z will not represent any other ballplayer after this completely mishandling Cano's negotiations.

edit: Looks like we read the same article Seannybboi

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Seattle offered a stunning 9 year 225M contract and Jay-Z demanded 10/250M and the M's owner blew a fuse and ended the meeting. NYY have Cano by the yam sack now and Im pretty sure Jay-Z will not represent any other ballplayer after this completely mishandling Cano's negotiations.

This is pretty bad for Jay Z. It is going to be hard for him to get any clients knowing that he cost his first and best one 50 million.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Maybe the Tigers move in quick and sign him at little less.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Lol...I can hear Scott Boras laughing evilly from here.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I read this quote on another site and though Id share it...Jay-Z isnt just a businessman...Hes a business, man.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:

ha ha just what we were thinking flapjack (not the evilly part)

that plane ride home from seattle was pretty long under normal circumstances

OMG

yanks should give cano and soon 2 B ex agent JZ

a chance to save face and up their offer a tad and end this

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Flapjack07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

ha ha just what we were thinking flapjack (not the evilly part)

that plane ride from seattle was pretty long under normal circumstances

OMG

yanks should give cano and soon 2 B ex agent JZ

a chance to save face and up their offer a tad and end this

[/QUOTE]

The Yanks might be like you know we really only feel comfrontable with 160, to really put it to Cano and JayZ.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Sweeny Murti ‏@YankeesWFAN 10h

Person close to Cano said he's upset with how much Ellsbury got compared to his offer. NYY not feeling optimistic but prepared to move on.