Capuano and Harang

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Capuano and Harang

Rumors are swirling and Cafardo is saying that the Dodgers could be open to trading either Capuono or Harang or both. Ben please spend some money on Annibal Sanchez and not pick up these guys. Capuono is a below .500 pitcher. No Ben don't do it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: Capuano and Harang

In response to AL34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rumors are swirling and Cafardo is saying that the Dodgers could be open to trading either Capuono or Harang or both. Ben please spend some money on Annibal Sanchez and not pick up these guys. Capuono is a below .500 pitcher. No Ben don't do it.

[/QUOTE]

Capuano and Harang are just two more mediocrities. We have to resist the urge to keep adding these types.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

God no. Not capuano and fat a55 Aaron Harang. Harang at one time was an ace but not so much anymore. Dont know too much on capuano but you have to wonder why the dodger wanna get rid of them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

God no. Not capuano and fat a55 Aaron Harang. Harang at one time was an ace but not so much anymore. Dont know too much on capuano but you have to wonder why the dodger wanna get rid of them.

[/QUOTE]

yeah i wonder why???? because they just signed 2 pitchers...my god....they gotta get rid of somebody...not to bright.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

yeah i wonder why???? because they just signed 2 pitchers...my god....they gotta get rid of somebody...not to bright.

[/QUOTE]

It's like the money is meaningless.

• Greinke
    • Beckett
    • Kershaw
    • Billingsley
    • Lilly
    • Capuano
    • Ryu
    • Harang

And wait'll they see the recption they get in the market when they try to trade their #8.  No sign of desperation there.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's like the money is meaningless.

• Greinke
    • Beckett
    • Kershaw
    • Billingsley
    • Lilly
    • Capuano
    • Ryu
    • Harang

And wait'll they see the recption they get in the market when they try to trade their #8.  No sign of desperation there.

[/QUOTE]

Lilly, Capuano, and Harang look like they are outside looking in, I could see them holding on to Lilly and stashing him in the pen.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Both are # 6-7 type guys, which I would take either as long as Ben finds that # 5 guy like Jackson / Marcum . Or wants to spend stupid $ on Sanchez which I only agree with if for 3 yrs, he scares me as far as staying healthy. But really think this guy will get his 5-6yr from somebody w/ pitching the way it is. Just hope Ben hasn't had too much Holiday Cheer and make an unwise investment, the same type that got us in trouble to begin with. Other people can say all they want about paying too much for Naps, Shane, Ross, or Gomes but if short term deals doesn't handcuff team like CC, Beckett or Agon deals

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I like Ted Lilly.  The Dodgers have EIGHT starting pitchers.  Holy s**t.   LOL

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I gotta think a healthy LAckey is better than these guys?? Sox also have to find a way to get De La Rosa 125-150 innings, with out fail.

I am willing to roll the dice with Lackey, Doubrant, De La Rosa and Morales as 4-7. If Sox are going to get another SP, they have to look at a #1 or #2 to go along with Lester and Buch.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

No...no..no...

What is the difference that boston can just resign Cook and Padilla, and sign either Harang or Caupono?   

Come on, that is not what Boston need (bottom of the rotation pitcher)!!

i know Boston is trying hard to get Lohse as well maybe Sanchez.

If they lose out for both, guess Boston will try to make a trade, but there is nothing out there!!

That is why Boston isnt going to waste $$$$ on a crappy pitcher.  Best solution is to move Aceves to the rotation as well to hope that one of the pitcher in the farm system can start this season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

i would rather give morales/tazwa/aceves starts before giving up prospects for garbage

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from craig2174. Show craig2174's posts

i agree. De la rosa needs a shot. Kid is the real deal

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

I have no problem with giving the best young guy in spring training a shot in the rotation.

Sometimes I think that the Sox hold their best prospects back a little too much, but with pitching so difficult to sign or trade for right now, it might be a good idea to give the best spring training young guy a spot right out of the gate.

Trading quality prospects is not a terrible idea if they bring back top of the line talent, but I do not like sending them anywhere for a guy like Harang who is already a little older and has show to be a .500 type pitcher for most of his career.   I think that a guy like De La Rosa can win 50% of his games as well with the offense the Sox should have in 2013.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to craig2174's comment:
    [QUOTE]

i agree. De la rosa needs a shot. Kid is the real deal

[/QUOTE]

if he wasn't coming off of TJS i would be OK. but i think he should be brought along slowly and possibly bring him up at the AS break depending on the health of the team and where we are in the standings.

of course if he pulls an Adrian Peterson and comes out strong in ST then i would not be opposed to giving him a shot

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[/QUOTE]

if he wasn't coming off of TJS i would be OK. but i think he should be brought along slowly and possibly bring him up at the AS break depending on the health of the team and where we are in the standings.

of course if he pulls an Adrian Peterson and comes out strong in ST then i would not be opposed to giving him a shot

[/QUOTE]

I don't agree.  If he's healthy enough to pitch in the minors, he's healthy enough to pitch in the majors. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Dont be stupid you can NEVER have too much pitching.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't agree.  If he's healthy enough to pitch in the minors, he's healthy enough to pitch in the majors. 

[/QUOTE]

meh, thats debatable. the games in the minors do not count for the big league team and would be a good starting point to see how his recovery is coming along without too much pressure.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm not seeing much from the FO thats going to work in our favor.  It looks like we are still looking at the second, third and fourth cheapest options out there.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I gotta think a healthy LAckey is better than these guys?? Sox also have to find a way to get De La Rosa 125-150 innings, with out fail.

I am willing to roll the dice with Lackey, Doubrant, De La Rosa and Morales as 4-7. If Sox are going to get another SP, they have to look at a #1 or #2 to go along with Lester and Buch.

[/QUOTE]

Thats rolling the Dice for sure, our present staff won't get us out of last place.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickEO. Show RickEO's posts

I would rather Beckett comes back.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from craig2174. Show craig2174's posts

This will be 2nd season after surgery for Rubby, he pitched end of last season

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thats rolling the Dice for sure, our present staff won't get us out of last place.

[/QUOTE]

Well unless they do something big thats about 169 dollars I save on a basball package to watch "high character" guys who are low on talent. With two girls in sports my time is better spent on them than watching a mediocre 4th place baseball team. I still cannot believe we gave Victorino 39 million dollars.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I like Ted Lilly.  The Dodgers have EIGHT starting pitchers.  Holy s**t.   LOL

[/QUOTE]

Lilly and Billingsley both ended last season on the DL.   While it is possible both start the season on the team, I would be surprised.

They have 6 SP, one of whom has never thrown a professional inning on this continent....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

notin making a sensible point. 

Yes, the Dodgers picked up a good young talent from Japan.  Darvish worked out well.  So did Dice-K, for the first two years, for that matter.  But it certainly is no guarantee that their wunderkind (if I can mix my nationalities) will be a top of the rotation force right out of the box.  I do not see LA as having an embarassment of riches.  I think they have a good starting rotation and a desirable amount of depth should injuries occur.  But they don't have much to give away, currently, and anything they do give away, ain't worth giving a dime for, as they say.