Carl Crawford is 0 for his last 14 with 7 strikeouts and no walks, no steals, no runs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

Carl Crawford is 0 for his last 14 with 7 strikeouts and no walks, no steals, no runs

Yikes.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Re: Carl Crawford is 0 for his last 14 with 7 strikeouts and no walks, no steals, no runs

Don't worry, if he goes 1-3 tomorow the "he has turned the corner" crowd will cheer him on. He sucks. Excuse maker. Lousy player with a bad or good elbow its all the same.

The one positive attitude player on the team and he blows.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Carl Crawford is 0 for his last 14 with 7 strikeouts and no walks, no steals, no runs

He is not a fit for this team and this city...He needs a low-profile city and a line up where it makes sense to have a guy like CC...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Crawful is horrid. He makes Nava look like Babe Ruth. Wild swings at low and away pitches. Lousy defense. He can't steal first.
    Awful signing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

You would think he could catch the ball and steal a base (more often)... he cannot even do that right. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

I still do not understand him batting 7th. First of all he is putting up numbers that befit a 9 hole hitter and second of all pairing up with Elles in the line-up has always been ideal. If he can't hit in the 2 hole then put him 9th.

Batting 7th in the order is absurd.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

*wish it was Sunday, that's my fun day*...manic CC

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

whine about batting 7th

get rid of him

no upside

142 mill for zilch

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

In Response to Re: Carl Crawford is 0 for his last 14 with 7 strikeouts and no walks, no steals, no runs:
    [QUOTE]*wish it was Sunday, that's my fun day*...manic CC
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

Woah there!  What did you just say??????

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

does not look good at all

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ejusox21. Show ejusox21's posts

Keep the Faith!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

I do not like the return that the Red Sox received on Carl Crawford but he does have an elbow injury and I think they should give him thebsurgery already and enough of this physical therapy. It was a hope and reach that he could help somewhat. The season is over now and they should not waste anymore time that might impact next year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from practial. Show practial's posts

Bat him 10th, he belongs on a softball team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Burrito bashing Crawford.  And so begins another day in RSN ....

Yawn ....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Guy needs surgery.  This is the problem - he will continue to struggle because he needs surgery.

Some still haven't heard that - including the red sox FO

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In Response to Re: Carl Crawford is 0 for his last 14 with 7 strikeouts and no walks, no steals, no runs:
    [QUOTE]I still do not understand him batting 7th. First of all he is putting up numbers that befit a 9 hole hitter and second of all pairing up with Elles in the line-up has always been ideal. If he can't hit in the 2 hole then put him 9th. Batting 7th in the order is absurd.
    Posted by EnchiladaT[/QUOTE]

Crawford can hit as a #2 hole where he was doing very well while Dustin was on DL as well Dustin moved to the #3 spot.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

That's what most of us were afraid of.  He missed the whole season and practically all of ST.  He still has an issue with his elbow. The smart thing might be to get the tommy john surgery done now and kiss this season goodbye.  You can bet the FO is thinking about it. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

If the Red Sox continue to flounder losing a couple of more series i think you'll see Crawford go on the DL and get the surgey and get rehab out of the way before next season.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

I would bat him 2 or 9 for starters.

I would have him examine film of his great years. 

He is a mess in the field and batting. Maybe he needs to have a full phsical and Psyche exam inc. an eye exam. 

There's no doubt he's hurting the team right now in all phases of the game.

DL him and get him back together.

He overthrew the cut off man last night as did Ross.

CC may just be looking to blow the arm out at this point to have the surgery.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Crawford has made some pretty decent throws so I am not buying the arm is a problem; granted as the doctors say eventually it will need surgery.

And Sox FO believe they are still in a pennant race....Even if they lose the series in ny and fall to 3 games under .500 they are still going to spin it

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

I guess most people have totally forgotten the Carl Crawford that virtually destroyed the Red Sox year-after-year; the MVP of the All Star, Gold Glove winner, etc.

I don't know what happened. Is it a case similar to Renterea, or Lackey? Or is the guy hurting so bad he can't swing the bat or scoop up a ground ball single?

Maybe someone knows, but it's a mystery, and not the case of a man not trying, or trying too hard. I think it's time someone in the organization (higher up than this GM kid) rollup his/her sleeves and get some facts.

This is NOT the same guy who was "Rays Player of the Year"

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

it's very much mental and it's why the Sox should have seriously used a counselor and used maybe a couple of former sports reporters to interview both Lackey, CC, and others they have signed over the years to determine if they might have some problems dealing with the FishBowl Boston media.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Certainly the signs other than mental that would have been red flags for me if I was the GM
    1. His butchering play as a LF for Tampa at Fenway. He exhibited a highlight reel of bloopers at the park and this is over a course of time. Some opponents learned the wall really well--David Justice was incredible in the games he would play in LF at Fenway. He was a veteran guy who just seemed to pick up immediately the bounces and did well. A lot of opponents get eaten up by the wall, but there are just as many opponents who seem to figure out the Wall and figure out how to play defense out there. 
    2. They already had a version of CC in CF.
    3. They had too many left-handed regular hitters already with Ellsbury, Gonzalez, Ortiz and Drew. 
    4. The fact that he was black and playing in a smaller market-Tampa for many years--sorry to say was another RED FLAG. He's proven that the racial thing has already come up--albeit not in Boston, but in a minor league rehab, but probably directed at him for his poor play. It's wrong, but it happens and it's a factor. But we've had many black players who did well here, danny!! Right, and those were guys who were immediately embraced because they performed IMMEDIATELY. Remember, Renteria became Rentawreck in a hurry--bad performance. 
    Anyway, it's all moot. The team is stuck with him, he's stuck with the Sox, and it's a buyout that has to happen at some point. It's just so costly for the Sox. What a waste of money. Had CC gone to Anaheim, I'm guessing he would have been sensational there. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]it's very much mental and it's why the Sox should have seriously used a counselor and used maybe a couple of former sports reporters to interview both Lackey, CC, and others they have signed over the years to determine if they might have some problems dealing with the FishBowl Boston media.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

What happened to the Private Investigator?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

who is that--pike?