CARLOS ZAMBRANO, NEXT YEAR'S 5TH STARTER?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

CARLOS ZAMBRANO, NEXT YEAR'S 5TH STARTER?

works for the pats, y not for the sox at this point after his latest tirade, no way is he going back to the cubbies. he is owed 18m next year. no way theo takes on his full contract. but if cubs are willing to pay 15m of it, y not take on the reat. or perhaps will take on all of it in exchange for a solid young peospect. big z is no longer a solid ace esp in the AL but he could be a good #3 or 4. thats all we need. he is never injured, still has good stuff. last year he won in 10 straight starts. 

the only little issue is how tito will put up with all that intensity. then again, he's no worse than a lackey or beckett in that area. i believe the sox clubhouse with a tek or pedy around can help to defuse any such issues. big z is the ultimate frontrunner like a randy moss. not the guy you want around if he's slumping or your team is transitioning. sox have the ultimate winners' environment with proven vets and the ultimate winners' manager. i do not see us ever slumping as the cubs regularly do. if Z blows up on or off the field, he cost you nothing, playing with house $. not a JD drew situation where you have to carry him due to the salary and pride of the GM. plus we always can have both miller and wake waiting in the wings. so yep i would kick those Z tires!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gready. Show Gready's posts

Re: VICTOR ZAMBRANO, NEXT YEAR'S 5TH STARTER?

Gee, I don't know.  Victor has been out of the game for a while.  Is he pitching anywhere?  If we take a flyer on a Zambrano, I think it should be on Carlos, the tempermental pitcher on the Chicago Cubs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

I think he meant Carlos.  And the Sox could not make a worse move than this.  The guy is a clubhouse killer who loses it at the first sign of trouble.  He is exactly opposite of every Sox player right now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

hahahaha

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

NO chance. Never happen.

I would be less surprised if he turned up dead by spring training than on the Sox. I don't wish for it, but he seems mentally unstable, and has been spinning further and further out of control for the past few years. He's nuts, and now he's missing. What a bizarre story.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

In Response to Re: VICTOR ZAMBRANO, NEXT YEAR'S 5TH STARTER?:
    [QUOTE]I think he meant Carlos.  And the Sox could not make a worse move than this.  The guy is a clubhouse killer who loses it at the first sign of trouble.  He is exactly opposite of every Sox player right now.
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

I thought Lackey "loses it" sometimes?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pierreisme. Show pierreisme's posts

In Response to VICTOR ZAMBRANO, NEXT YEAR'S 5TH STARTER?:
    [QUOTE]works for the pats, y not for the sox at this point after his latest tirade, no way is he going back to the cubbies. he is owed 18m next year. no way theo takes on his full contract. but if cubs are willing to pay 15m of it, y not take on the reat. or perhaps will take on all of it in exchange for a solid young peospect. big z is no longer a solid ace esp in the AL but he could be a good #3 or 4. thats all we need. he is never injured, still has good stuff. last year he won in 10 straight starts.  the only little issue is how tito will put up with all that intensity. then again, he's no worse than a lackey or beckett in that area. i believe the sox clubhouse with a tek or pedy around can help to defuse any such issues. big z is the ultimate frontrunner like a randy moss. not the guy you want around if he's slumping or your team is transitioning. sox have the ultimate winners' environment with proven vets and the ultimate winners' manager. i do not see us ever slumping as the cubs regularly do. if Z blows up on or off the field, he cost you nothing, playing with house $. not a JD drew situation where you have to carry him due to the salary and pride of the GM. plus we always can have both miller and wake waiting in the wings. so yep i would kick those Z tires!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

let me know when lackey or beckett gives up on his team and quits only to retract his words. the red sox do not need a self centered cry baby on their team. three words: no thank you.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

he would make a good yankee target.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Victor Zambrano... better known as the centerpiece of the Scott Kazmir deal between the Mets and Rays.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Two head cases like Burnett and Zambrano on the Yanks staff makes a lot of sense.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to VICTOR ZAMBRANO, NEXT YEAR'S 5TH STARTER? : let me know when lackey or beckett gives up on his team and quits only to retract his words. the red sox do not need a self centered cry baby on their team. three words: no thank you.
    Posted by pierreisme[/QUOTE]DID WE NOT LIVE JUST FINE THROUGH MANNY ERA? u wouldnt have taken him for freee for one year in his prime />

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: VICTOR ZAMBRANO, NEXT YEAR'S 5TH STARTER? : DID WE NOT LIVE JUST FINE THROUGH MANNY ERA? u wouldnt have taken him for freee for one year in his prime />

The Manny era was interesting in that the Sox won for two reasons:
    Because of Manny...
    ...and...
    ...in spite of him.

Zambrano?  Naw, I'll pass on him.  I believe in clubhouse influence and I hear that Manny was good in the clubhouse up until the very end, something that can't be said about Z.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: CARLOS ZAMBRANO, NEXT YEAR'S 5TH STARTER?

In Response to CARLOS ZAMBRANO, NEXT YEAR'S 5TH STARTER?:
    [QUOTE]works for the pats, y not for the sox at this point after his latest tirade, no way is he going back to the cubbies. he is owed 18m next year. no way theo takes on his full contract. but if cubs are willing to pay 15m of it, y not take on the reat. or perhaps will take on all of it in exchange for a solid young peospect. big z is no longer a solid ace esp in the AL but he could be a good #3 or 4. thats all we need. he is never injured, still has good stuff. last year he won in 10 straight starts.  the only little issue is how tito will put up with all that intensity. then again, he's no worse than a lackey or beckett in that area. i believe the sox clubhouse with a tek or pedy around can help to defuse any such issues. big z is the ultimate frontrunner like a randy moss. not the guy you want around if he's slumping or your team is transitioning. sox have the ultimate winners' environment with proven vets and the ultimate winners' manager. i do not see us ever slumping as the cubs regularly do. if Z blows up on or off the field, he cost you nothing, playing with house $. not a JD drew situation where you have to carry him due to the salary and pride of the GM. plus we always can have both miller and wake waiting in the wings. so yep i would kick those Z tires!
    You lost me there .. how has it worked for the Pats?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

I love Carlos Zambrano with the Sox, Theo should lock him up for nothing short of a 5 year deal.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: CARLOS ZAMBRANO, NEXT YEAR'S 5TH STARTER?:
    [QUOTE]I love Carlos Zambrano with the Sox, Theo should lock him up for nothing short of a 5 year deal.
    Posted by mikeyinthebronx[/QUOTE]
    No, no, Mikey, you guys need pitching ... feel free to swoop in!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CARLOS ZAMBRANO, NEXT YEAR'S 5TH STARTER? : No, no, Mikey, you guys need pitching ... feel free to swoop in!
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

I'm sure Cashman is ready to pounce if he comes up on waivers....Sox should drop a few games so they have a chance to get him first!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to CARLOS ZAMBRANO, NEXT YEAR'S 5TH STARTER? : You lost me there .. how has it worked for the Pats?
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]pats took affordable flyers on bad guys like corey dillon, rodney harrison and randy moss and were certainly rewarded very handsomely.they are now doing the same with ochocinco and haynesworth looking for the same kinds of returns. carlos could be the same for us. could come into a winning clubhouse and become a model reclamation project. who wouldnt go nuts playing in cubland? guy has had no off-field issues as far as i know. the man may care too much but he atleast cares. i've never heard that his teammates do not like him. boston could be just the place to help him, a great mutual situation. no way that situation blows up if cubs are in playoff contention. either the manager would laugh it off or carlos is pulling an ortiz. imagine what would happen if papi had interrupted his manager in a chicago and started throwing out expletives at him and the media in regards to a fellow employee in the official scorer? espn and others would be calling him the most selfish guy and going down the list as the loser GM suspends him as a scapegoat and so on. 

due to the winning culture of boston, everything blows over longs as the Ws keep coming plus you have the pats, bruins and celts to create other winner distractions. chicago is just a LOSERVILLE culture! bulls, bears, cubs, white sox, whoever their hockey team is.. JUST LOSERS! if carlos was doing this with the yanks i may still give him a second look but with more caution. look at how the fans lose it when the sox start losing, imagine enduring that as a player? not dismissing carlos' obligation to be a mature professional but i grasp what its like for some to be stuck as the highest paid player on a dreaded perennial losing team. can see him thanking the gods upon arriving in fenway.

had belichick taken this sanctimonious tude of many here, pats do not have a ring from 2003 or 2004 and are not playing for perfect season in 2007. if carlos signs off on the sox rules and wants to be in boston, and the cubs take over his contract in full (which would happen by cutting him anyways),i would give him a shot in a heartbeat! he would easily be a 15 game winner in boston! chicago is not boston. tito is not piniella (imagine having him as your boss/manager). no guarantees, it could blow up, but would take the chance with papi, aceves (nice combo) and gonzo taking him under their spanish wings.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]I love Carlos Zambrano with the Sox, Theo should lock him up for nothing short of a 5 year deal.
    Posted by mikeyinthebronx[/QUOTE] or just lock him up period, that nutcase..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

i think big z would have been a better option than wake today, no?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

You really want that disruptive madman in the club house?!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

[QUOTE]i think big z would have been a beehave been a better option than wake today, no?
    Z gave up 8 runs his last start, and his ERA is about the same as Wakes but in the easier NL

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]You really want that disruptive madman in the club house?!
    Posted by soxdawg08[/QUOTE]YES.. THIS TEAM NEEDS A LITTLE CRAZY AT TIMES! you dont want 5 Zs, but one is fine! sometimes a little edginess, unpredictability and tension is good.