Changes Must Be Made!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GL'SFRANK. Show GL'SFRANK's posts

Changes Must Be Made!

Good afternoon to my good friends on Red Sox:On the front burner.

My Yankees have Jorge Posada hitting .183 as their designated hitter, Nick Swisher batting .204 in right field, a rotation that houses Bartolo Colon, Freddy Garcia and Ivan Nova and a bullpen that is without Rafael Soriano and Pedro Feliciano and for who knows how long. Girardi's lone lefty is Boone Logan, whose slider has lost its bite.

My Yankees are careful to paint what Garcia and Colon have done in a very positive light. They will point out that the two are a combined 5-7 with a 3.53 ERA and are costing the club $2.4 million in base salary.

But I don't believe Garcia or Colon  -- or both -- will pitch this effectively across the next four months and stay away from injury. Then there is Nova, who has been inconsistent.
    Cashman and Girardi should be shown the door and new management should right the ship before it's too late.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: Changes Must Be Made!

the title of this thread should be changed to GOOD NEWS!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Frank,my good friend,I heard that Phil Hughes is starting to throw again so that may be something to look forward to.This is from a writer for NY Daily News Mark Fiensand.From MLBTraderumors.com:

Phil Hughes took "a step in the right direction" this weekend, throwing off a mound for the first time in over a month, according to Feinsand.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Kei Igawa is still available.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Arodswallows. Show Arodswallows's posts

and we boston fans care because?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

I'll channel Jose

WHO CARES.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

No change necessary. Just keep doin' what you doin'...

-Daf. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoeFoyFan. Show JoeFoyFan's posts

Are Guidry, Clemens, Petitte, and the "Big Fat Toad" in shape?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Changes Must Be Made!:
    [QUOTE]Good afternoon to my good friends on Red Sox:On the front burner. My Yankees have Jorge Posada hitting .183 as their designated hitter, Nick Swisher batting .204 in right field, a rotation that houses Bartolo Colon, Freddy Garcia and Ivan Nova and a bullpen that is without Rafael Soriano and Pedro Feliciano and for who knows how long. Girardi's lone lefty is Boone Logan, whose slider has lost its bite. My Yankees are careful to paint what Garcia and Colon have done in a very positive light. They will point out that the two are a combined 5-7 with a 3.53 ERA and are costing the club $2.4 million in base salary. But I don't believe Garcia or Colon  -- or both -- will pitch this effectively across the next four months and stay away from injury. Then there is Nova, who has been inconsistent. Cashman and Girardi should be shown the door and new management should right the ship before it's too late.
    Posted by GL'SFRANK[/QUOTE]this is comeuppance for yankee arrogance over the years with these ridiculous signings and extensions. they cant quit or say no to anyone. cant draw lines like an overindulgent parent. gee, is anyone really shocked about soriano and feliciano? will we be with garcia or colon? only thing shocking is they didnt offer pettite 20M so he could be nursing injuries and missing starts while getting bombed on the mound as father time catches up to him as well. swisher has just regressed to the guy he was when the white sox traded him in the first place in that last year. yanks got rid of all their young guys and stayed too long with fading stars. one thing to keep a posada around for 5m or on a one year deal as they've done with mariano. even if average this year, i would have no beef with bringing him back at 10m on a one year deal. 

yanks simply have too many bad cntracts that have all caught up to them at once. will hav eto re-tool and live with mediocrity for a few years to get back to the promised land. even sadder, who can they really trade? noone wants jeter or posada. cano oerhaps. but he's having a down year and is still too young. will give them credit for the granderson deal for the grandy man can.. perhaps trade gardner, but he cant help you retool YOUNGER. i like cashman but a lot of this is on him by design or default. steinbrenners aint firing themselves. i see the perfect fall guy!