In response to Soxdog67's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to VeniceSox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to wvwc61's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If the Sox are interested in Napoli, and Napoli said he prefers catching, it makes a lot of sense to sign Ross. I'm sure Napoli would have been ok with catching some games and playing first for other games. I can see the Yanks signing him if they don't sign Martin. Signing Ross only makes

sense if they intend to trade Salty and "no hit" Lavarnway. But I'm sure Ben the moron never had

that thought.

[/QUOTE]

First off Ross was brought in to fill a backup catcher role.

Secondly, if the Sox want Napoli he'd be signed as their 1B, and although Napoli has said he prefers to catch he also said he would play 1B if it got him in the line-up regularly.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/mlb/story/_/id/8624673/2012-mlb-free-agency-mike-napoli-willing-play-spots-other-catcher

Calling Cherington a moron for something he hasn't done yet is in itself moronic. Plus please pay attention to the player's comments before you insert foot in mouth.

[/QUOTE]

Where does it state that Ross will be a backup?  Just because he was one for Atlanta doesnt necessarily hold true for the Sox.. if you want your best overall catcher starting then Ross is far and away the best defensively and  equal (at the very least ) offensively.

[/QUOTE]

Venice, you're right nobody has officially stated it, but I think you are overrating this player a bit...no where has it been stated that he was obtained to become the primary catcher on the team either...the fact that his best play in the majors has come as a backup catcher would indicate that this would be his role with the Sox.

Defensively he will overshadow Saltalamacchia and Lavarnway, and be a perfect fit as a late inning replacement, occasional starter on the team...His bat is average at best, and if Salty is still on the team I would see him still retaining the everyday starter role, despite his propensity to strike out.

[/QUOTE]

When they acquired Ross they said he would get more playing time than a back up, but would not be considered a starter. whatever that means...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Cherington dumber than I thouht !

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

If the Sox are interested in Napoli, and Napoli said he prefers catching, it makes a lot of sense to sign Ross. I'm sure Napoli would have been ok with catching some games and playing first for other games. I can see the Yanks signing him if they don't sign Martin. Signing Ross only makes

sense if they intend to trade Salty and "no hit" Lavarnway. But I'm sure Ben the moron never had

that thought.

[/QUOTE]

First off Ross was brought in to fill a backup catcher role.

Secondly, if the Sox want Napoli he'd be signed as their 1B, and although Napoli has said he prefers to catch he also said he would play 1B if it got him in the line-up regularly.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/mlb/story/_/id/8624673/2012-mlb-free-agency-mike-napoli-willing-play-spots-other-catcher

Calling Cherington a moron for something he hasn't done yet is in itself moronic. Plus please pay attention to the player's comments before you insert foot in mouth.

Maybe you are moronic since you didn't understand my post. Didn't Big Ben sign Ross? That's moronic. Didn't Napoli say he perceives himself as a catcher. If Sox were contenders, maybe he

would sign to play lB. But with Sox being contenders for last place, it ain't smart having a log jam at a position where Napoli prefers to play. Winners have the luxury of telling free agents that you may have to play at a position that you don't prefer. Losers don't have that luxary unless you throw huge mony at them.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Of course, because it would cause a logjam. That is unless BC has a plan to move a catcher for another player...Just a SIMPLE thought.